Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

I think you’re being a bit overly sensitive here. I was simply commenting on the posters who are nowhere to be seen after a good result, and have a field day after we drop points. There’s plenty of them in here.
But I thought I'm all over it? Guess you haven't read many of my posts on Ole recently. He frustrates the feck out of me but I can acknowledge the positive changes he's made.

I don't think it's healthy entrenching yourself on either side of this. Some are too set in their views and just love to condescend the other side and get a one up. It's become a battlefield of personal battles at this stage. I'll call it as I see it; great win during the week and a fecking shit show today. If you can't praise or critisise him, or get offended by either, then you need to get some nuance and take off the blinkers.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
And when you have 3 managers "failing" before him, where two are world class, then you got to wonder is it managers or players?

People can debate without hiding like turtles when we win. There is a Anti-Solskjaer agenda here from many. No needing to deny that. Today wasn't good performence but we have to not go overboard.
There isn't an anti agenda :lol:
The performances are just not good enough. Thats the agenda.

And if it's the players faults, why are they still here

TheGame

What is the point posting then? Did you see this place when we win some rare game. I posted after one of our win. Ole in brigade went crazy on me. Not on my post about style, subs and football stuff. They went directly ad hominem.

I do think that this thread is pointless though.
Agree with you on there, debate is good but clearly this thread is just becoming too toxic.

DJW

Can any genuine UTD fan hand on heart honestly say “YES OLE IS GOOD ENOUGH”... end this utter debacle of a sham and move him aside.
It’s rinse and repeat we will never move past this pray for Ole to become a great manager nonsense! It’s painful to watch month after month of tumescent dross with a smattering of the odd decent result. Just sack him please.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Besides a few, most people were content with last season and said he deserved another one. We admittedly had a rotten start to our PL campaign this year, but yeah, this is very much knee jerk.
we had a rotten start last season too. Covid intervened and it really did help us as the squad was already tired.

Ole can’t string consistency together. It’s tit for tat results wise.

Robbie Boy

Besides a few, most people were content with last season and said he deserved another one. We admittedly had a rotten start to our PL campaign this year, but yeah, this is very much knee jerk.
It's not knee jerk no. Because I'm seeing the very same posters that wanted him gone, still wanting him gone. Knee jerk was the fecking title winning celebrations on here after a home win the CL group phase.

Godfather

We just battered a Nagelsmann team.

Not sure Danny Rose is the answer either. :wenger:
Wow we battered a team fielding players that wouldn't make it on our bench. In contrast to Ole, Nagelsmann is heavily overachieving with the material he has in his hands.

Dr. StrangeHate

Like with Jose, it feels like Poch is a route we have to go down.
If only to stop it constantly being bandied about for years afterwards.
We don't have to go down any route. We need to decide what system we want to play and hire managers and players based on that with a revolving door policy. You stay only if you are showing considerable progress.

Ollie Derbyshire

And when you have 3 managers "failing" before him, where two are world class, then you got to wonder is it managers or players?

People can debate without hiding like turtles when we win. There is a Anti-Solskjaer agenda here from many. No needing to deny that. Today wasn't good performence but we have to not go overboard.
World class managers? LVG wasn’t world class when he came to us and Mourinho came after ending a shocking run at Chelsea, anyone could see he needed time off before coming to us, and I don’t think he’s world class anymore.

I like Ole but he can’t get a consistent tune out of this team, he is not good enough to coach them to play better, more cohesively. Just reliant on individual displays. This will keep happening, one good result, 3/4 very average ones.

Robbie Boy

He got flaws. Like every other manager. Where have I said he didn't have flaws? I even said in matchthread he has to take blame for first half. It is about being rational when we talk about him.
From the posts I see from you in here you totally appear to lack nuance and are very much entrenched in your views on him. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how it comes across.

Smores

So the Ole in brigade is angry that people aren't here slating ole after united wins games?
They're only interested in winning the argument hence they're upset they don't get to gloat when we win, which is why you get those ridiculous threads.

They don't realise when we put in a good performances the rest of us change our opinions slightly and just get on awaiting to see if it's the start of something good.

OrcaFat

Like with Jose, it feels like Poch is a route we have to go down.
If only to stop it constantly being bandied about for years afterwards.
Yeah. Agreed.

I say I won’t be happy but I’ll come around. And I’ll try to judge him over a season or two (if he gets that long!).

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Who is thriving in the mess we're in?!
I don't know how long you've been a United fan, but I'm certainly someone who remembers the top teams!
Long enough to remember what a winning, confident mentality in a team looked like. Anyway, we all had a horrible night. Arguing is only gonna worsen the pain. Let's hope for the best and that we get something meaningful out of this season.

Idxomer

It is just strange how up and down we are. I guess there is a lack of clear tactics and coaching though to help the players when things get hard.
It's not, there are obvious variables in some games that could make the team look good and better than reality.

I've said it before it's a game of matchups and other managers in the league started to wise up in the last few months and the team has no place to hide now.

Greck

Gary Neville doing all he can to protect him along with Keane.
Those two are knobheads. If you are going to stand by the team do it wholly. How do you go from telling people not to point fingers then do the same at the players. The manager cant be the only one who gets vindicated after wins

Tells you all you need to know from the fact that of all the players who came through the club in SAF's 25 year tenure not a single one went on to be an elite manager

90 + 5min

The problem with Ole is he seems to go on long runs one way or the other.
We're on another long run of shocking home runs now, and I'm not sure he'll solve it any time soon.
Absolutly. We/he has to adress is why it is happening.

Although, I think he will find solution. If it psyhological or tactical. He is clever man.

keithsingleton

Anti Solskjaer is nonsense, we all loved him as a player and still do. We just have to face up he's not up to the task of taking us to the next level. We could go on another run of winning 10 games on the bounce and many would say we're back when quite simply were not.

The board have to get into their thick heads Ole hasn't got what it takes.

Robbie Boy

They were calling them out because they personally attacked our manager after the draw to Chelsea. Not constructively crtiticised but attacked.
Very biased view. I thought it was cnutish behaviour but each to their own. Where's the personal attacks on the manager by the way?

Seems your defending one side here out of pure bias.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Long enough to remember what a winning, confident mentality in a team looked like. Anyway, we all had a horrible night. Arguing is only gonna worsen the pain. Let's hope for the best and that we get something meaningful out of this season.
Agreed bud, agreed.
We're all bloody stewing on that one, and will do until the next win.

Shark

@NotShark

Although, I think he will find solution. If it psyhological or tactical. He is clever man.
Yeah sure we can hang around relegation while we wait for our manager to find a solution to something he hasn't worked out in over 2 years. Brilliant plan.

wolvored

It is just strange how up and down we are. I guess there is a lack of clear tactics and coaching though to help the players when things get hard.
Exactly. We have a very strong squad on paper that just need coaching, motivating, a clear style that works well, and tactics where you can see a pattern of play and nullify the opposition. Ole and the coaching staff dont seem to be able to do this.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

If i get my positive hat back on, I'm thinking Martial is now back, and he does make a huge difference. Probably no coincidence he was part of both of those Euro star shows.
Without him, you can't play the 3 pronged front approach at all well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wow we battered a team fielding players that wouldn't make it on our bench. In contrast to Ole, Nagelsmann is heavily overachieving with the material he has in his hands.
A team who made the semis of that piddly little competition they hold in Europe each season. Basically like the FA Vase that one.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not the best but it is not end of the world. Win game in hand and we are 6 p from 1st position.
Not the best is one way to put it. Our worst start to the league since 1970s is another way.

And there's nothing knee jerk to be outraged about that. It's inexcusable for any manager let alone Ole.

It's early in the season and we've had tough games - Everton away will be another. We shouldn't be discussing his position at this stage of the season, but he's put himself under early pressure and now needs to put wins together. If he doesn't, he will come under massive pressure.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The signings barely play, so far the window looking bit pointless. Almost the same team and same problems. One of the most random United side ever. They pretty much sending different signals to supporters within matter of days, it's actually insane.

Ole can and should get majority of blame, but this summer window was another pile of chaotic banterwank.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Has any manager been sacked since Covid happened? Howe was mutual I think.
Not in the top flight! But we are only a small handful of games in, and the bottom 3 are either a very long serving manager in Dyche, or two utter piddle monger teams who they both know are going down for certain anyway.

If we're still hanging about bottom 6 or so in a few game weeks, Woodward's sack finger will be getting itchy again.

All we needed today was the inevitable shot of him looking glum in the crowd. Didn't see it for once.

My only Eric

Ole can be our supersub coach. To manage the team only against top teams.

Nothing more

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
So the Ole in brigade is angry that people aren't here slating ole after united wins games?
And if someone dares point out issues in our wins, they literally pile on. And then they go all touchy-feely when they get it equally back.

Reminds me of a certain orange moron and his horde of followers across the ocean.

UnitedFan93

Been Ole in up until now; however it's obvious he isn't brave enough. Game after game we're changing formation and sitting in because we're scared of the opposition. Just play 433 every game ffs and attack. We're Manchester fecking United, why are we scared of the opposition?

Godfather

A team who made the semis of that piddly little competition they hold in Europe each season. Basically like the FA Vase that one.
Yeah because Nagelsmann is a great manager. Name me one footballer apart from Upamecano you'd take from their team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's early in the season and we've had tough games - Everton away will be another. We shouldn't be discussing his position at this stage of the season, but he's put himself under early pressure and now needs to put wins together. If he doesn't, he will come under massive pressure.
Let's think of nice things, as my old grandma used to say! A poor team in the champions league midweek!

Everton will have Richarlison, Digne and Coleman out, and may have J Rod out.
We have no excuses in that one if we don't turn up.

Amir

Since Moyes inherited Fergie's title winning squad while Mourinho and LVG brought in a lot of new players - everything still points to the managers.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Been Ole in up until now; however it's obvious he isn't brave enough. Game after game we're changing formation and sitting in because we're scared of the opposition. Just play 433 every game ffs and attack. We're Manchester fecking United, why are we scared of the opposition?
It's quite worrying to already have racked up 3 defeats from 6 games, bearing in mind we haven't played anyone remotely good away yet.
We're going to end up deep into double figure losses this season.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We're man united, a loss has a much bigger significance than a win. Surely that's obvious?

Seriously some are so entrenched in being right about Ole that they can't understand people change their minds.
It's like Trump supporters. Decent and smart people on regular days, but become unreasonable when talking about Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.