Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keithsingleton

Frankly, another questionable performance. We let them score 28% of their goals this PL season and we should be battering these teams.

People can slate me all they want but our defence is poor but our coaching is letting their weaknesses be exposed. We'll see if we can keep this going but I doubt it.
They can slate me too as I agree with you. Next thing they will be saying were going to win the league. :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Frankly, another questionable performance. We let them score 28% of their goals this PL season and we should be battering these teams.

People can slate me all they want but our defence is poor but our coaching is letting their weaknesses be exposed. We'll see if we can keep this going but I doubt it.
With due respect, the mistake for the first goal is a rare occurance that's happening to every team. Mendy has made 2 errors in 2 weeks in his sweeping role, Ederson and Alison have been caught out in the past too. It is what it is.

My oy gripe is we generally started slow again, rather than pointing to any individual mistake. We need to stop being casual for the first 20 minutes. But for around 70 minutes we were fine, which is good enough for me seeing how other teams are fecking up.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
With due respect, the mistake for the first goal is a rare occurance that's happening to every team. Mendy has made 2 errors in 2 weeks in his sweeping role, Ederson and Alison have been caught out in the past too. It is what it is.

My gripe is we generally started slow again, rather than pointing to any individual mistake. We need to stop being casual for the first 20 minutes.
Look, I agree it's a cock-up from our goalie but we have been trying to play daft pass-from-the-back football with goalkeepers who are not good with their feet and a right back who is renowned for being a poor footballer. OGS also said he'd pencilled him in before the game. He picks the players, not Bruno or Pogba.

Maguire is meant to be good on the ball and yet he really isn't. He gave the ball back to Henderson and he's meant to be our captain and bail us out, not hide like a mouse which is what he usually does.

We also lack cohesion and even if we win against these, it's obvious we are just not in any kind of flow for a full game, let alone for a few in a row.

It might work this year but to me this means we should be going for the league. My expectations are high and I just won't lower them because we have a ex-player legend who is a poor manager.

JG3001

In or out, think that defence will cost him his job if it ain’t bolstered. They desperately need to look at set piece defending in training though. Zonal marking and a keeper rooted to the line is not working.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
In or out, think that defence will cost him his job if it ain’t bolstered. They desperately need to look at set piece defending in training though. Zonal marking and a keeper rooted to the line is not working.
The defence will be strengthened in the summer, without any doubt. Weve had to pretty much rebuild this squad and there's only so much you can do within a specific time frame. We were quite solid last season, so it wasn't a priority

Every time I hear man utd news on the radio it always starts with "under fire manager ole Gunnar Solskjaer".
That’s because we started the season sooooo poorly. Then as our league form picked up, we got knocked out of the CL group. You do realise that right?

A couple more good results and they won’t be starting with that.

Reminds me of people moaning 2 weeks back that Lampard “is getting away with it” and yet 2 shit results later and Frank is already coming under media pressure.

Greck

They can slate me too as I agree with you. Next thing they will be saying were going to win the league. :lol:
It's 3 points, the team can also regain some doubt if they follow up days like these with more wins and good showings. These have typically been the kind of sloppy performances we'd sweep under the rug only to have come full circle and cost us in the next game or weeks to follow so I know what you mean with your skepticism. Sustainably good performances are a must if we are to stop being a yoyo club.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Every time I hear man utd news on the radio it always starts with "under fire manager ole Gunnar Solskjaer".
Amazing isn’t it? And people actually believe the narrative. Was on the phone at work a few weeks ago with a colleague who is a Spurs fan and we discussed football briefly. Then he asked me what’s wrong with United. Told him we are not doing well, but if we win our game in hand blah blah blah. He then checked the table and was shocked. The media really made him believe we were 10+ points behind Spurs.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Last away game he lost in EPL was at Anfield, 22 games into the last season which opened a 30 points gap on them (funnily I thought we had some much worse performance there, but in the end wasn't enough).

There is obvious progress and he obviously isn't nearly as bad as some people making it out. And along with that, we overall played probably some of our most entertaining football during his time here, although the bar is really low on that one. We'll see...

Oh yeah, just beat Leeds please.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't know if we can continue winning while performing like this.

It seem unsustainable. We rarely dominate a full game. Don't think we have a singular performance of domination in the Prem so far.

Jacob

I would keep him simply for the fact that I don't want to risk another manager (yet). He needs another summer of recruitment to finalize his project.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Solskjaer currently has the best form in the league. You wouldn't have thought it but there we are. Pogba looking like cementing his place again. Just need to sort out this fecking defence.

matsdf

Half the fanbase asking if we can win the league this year, the other half is asking for the manager to be sacked. Strange times.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I don't know if we can continue winning while performing like this.

It seem unsustainable. We rarely dominate a full game. Don't think we have a singular performance of domination in the Prem so far.
Nobody dominates full games. Don't judge us based on highlights you've seen of other teams.

el3mel

Solskjaer currently has the best form in the league. You wouldn't have thought it but there we are. Pogba looking like cementing his place again. Just need to sort out this fecking defence.

Crazy though how the top 10 is close to each other. Difference between 10th and 2nd is only 5 points. Most congested top 10 I have seen in a long time.

SteveW

10 away wins on the trot. 16 points from our last 18. Potentially 2nd in the league with our game in hand, and yet this thread will move another 20 pages before our next game.

This forum has completely lost the plot
Yup. It's a waste of time coming on here to be totally honest.

Too stupid to be interesting or enjoyable

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Look, I agree it's a cock-up from our goalie but we have been trying to play daft pass-from-the-back football with goalkeepers who are not good with their feet and a right back who is renowned for being a poor footballer. OGS also said he'd pencilled him in before the game. He picks the players, not Bruno or Pogba.

Maguire is meant to be good on the ball and yet he really isn't. He gave the ball back to Henderson and he's meant to be our captain and bail us out, not hide like a mouse which is what he usually does.

We also lack cohesion and even if we win against these, it's obvious we are just not in any kind of flow for a full game, let alone for a few in a row.

It might work this year but to me this means we should be going for the league. My expectations are high and I just won't lower them because we have a ex-player legend who is a poor manager.
But the general concept of playing out from the back is just part of the modern game. You look at Liverpool for example and see games where Gomez would often put Adrian in uncomfortable positions but it won't change Klopps philosophy.

I'm up for criticising our defence generally but I don't think we were as bad as made out.

Eddy_JukeZ

Nobody dominates full games. Don't judge us based on highlights you've seen of other teams.
What are you talking about?

We had performances last season where we looked fully in control and dominated essentially the entirety of the game.

We've not had 1 this season.

I don't see how us always clawing back from awful starts is sustainable. We don't dominate teams. We turn up for moments in the game.

Relem

44% sack? Too many low iq fools for my liking. When did we look like United till Ole took the wheel? Give a united legend a break. And some f*cking time.

OrcaFat

You cant really blame the coach for GK blunders or opposition player scoring a worldie, just like you can't credit the coach if its GK's shot saving that is saving your job.

I think 1st 15 mins and last 5 mins apart, we were brilliant. Fully in control of the game and played good football
Yes, I agree with this.

It’s pretty meaningless to blame or praise a coach for incidents in a match. Instead, blame or praise a coach for losing or winning, preferably over a long period.

The coaches seem to be managing the squad to keep some freshness in there. If we can’t rotate (or sub some guys off to give them a rest) against the bottom team in the league, when can we do it (bearing in mind how knackered we looked at the end of last season)? The Henderson error and the drop off after the subs could be blamed on Ole IF we had lost.

We played against a struggling team, rested a couple guys, and generally were the better team and won the game. So a minor pat on the back for Ole and let’s hope the rotation pays off down the line.

Listar

Your expectations are based on what? With a torrid transfer window we just had I’m surprised you kept your expectation. You have the same expectation for yourself as well? Nothing short of becoming a billionaire will do?

Paul_Scholes18

I think people have different standards. Some are happy with top 4 and no titles. Others want to see bigger things here.

Either expectation is not wrong, but that may explain Ole in vs Ole out.
Of course we all hope for the best, but accept different levels of performances based on who we are.

Zen86

I think people have different standards. Some are happy with top 4 and no titles. Others want to see bigger things here.

Either expectation is not wrong, but that may explain Ole in vs Ole out.
Of course we all hope for the best, but accept different levels of performances based on who we are.
Bang on the money once again there @Paul_Scholes18, we’d all be thrilled with top 4 every year and no trophies.

Listar

Bang on the money once again there @Paul_Scholes18, we’d all be thrilled with top 4 every year and no trophies.
Our transfer window doesn’t really reflect that we are going for the title are we? Get your knives out (Figuratively speaking of course) for the board instead. I have yet to see you do any meaningful protest except moaning in here about the manager.

Zen86

Our transfer window doesn’t really reflect that we are going for the title are we? Get your knives out (Figuratively speaking of course) for the board instead. I have yet to see you do any meaningful protest except moaning in here about the manager.
I very much doubt you’ve seen that.

AshRK

He is not a perfect manager but one thing I must we do score some wonderful goals under him. Even against city there was a moment where we played from the back and almost had a breakthrough towards the goal had bruno not misplaced the pass to rashford. For me football wise we have played the best football under Ole than any other manager since SAF retired.

Paul_Scholes18

I agree Ole can only work with what he got as well in his defence. It is a squad that can reach high under a top/right manager, but not a squad that can push for the title with most managers in the league.

Paul_Scholes18

If only the home form was sorted out..

Very strange record for sure. Is it purely mental that we struggle at home or based on the away form we keep doing well away from home?
I don't see why travel should help.
If we play tactically different then I find it stupid to play differently at home. Particular with no fans if we wanted to play more attacking football at home.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ole needs to do what sir Alex did when he saw a weakness in the side and bring in a coach who knows how to organise a defence.

MattofManchester

I'm actually quieting down on him a bit.

Yet, the pet peeve that's been bugging me under him is that we chose to sign Maguire and AWB.

We would be so much better with a classier CB and a RB who is just slightly more adventurous.

lysglimt

Scout
It fascinates me that the number of people who want him fired - has gone up a lot since after we lost to Spurs. Despite us being the team that has collected the most points in this period.

The numbers of people wanting him fired has actually gone up while we have been the best team in the league.....amazing!

Listar

Very strange record for sure. Is it purely mental that we struggle at home or based on the away form we keep doing well away from home?
I don't see why travel should help.
If we play tactically different then I find it stupid to play differently at home. Particular with no fans if we wanted to play more attacking football at home.
May have to do with the quality of opponents.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He is not a perfect manager but one thing I must we do score some wonderful goals under him. Even against city there was a moment where we played from the back and almost had a breakthrough towards the goal had bruno not misplaced the pass to rashford. For me football wise we have played the best football under Ole than any other manager since SAF retired.
And yet some claim we are not coached and these vignettes are simply individual brilliance

Status
Not open for further replies.