g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Would you sell Rashford?

Irwin99

I certainly hope he turns it around but he really doesn't seem very happy. We could speculate all day long as to what is the matter but we don't know. Give the fact that Ronaldo, Cavani and Greenwood probably won't be here next season I can't imagine the club wanting yet another striker gone, however...

...realistically his value will never be higher than it is now and a few more years of these performances will see it fall. In hindsight LVG was correct in getting rid of Welbeck, an academy player who was one for the future. Can't see it happening with Rashford though, at least not next season.

kundalini

I'd keep Rashford.

As to whether I'd offer him a generous new contract on his current terms, probably not unless his form improves significantly next season.

At the moment he shouldn't be starting matches because he is in terrible form.

AFC NimbleThumb

Scored 20+ goals in all comps in his previous 2 seasons & begun this one injured. As bad as he’s been we’ve put up with under performers in other positions for far longer, if he’s playing like this next season then you’d really have to begin to question his place in the squad but other players need moving on first.

DSG

Loan him to a needy championship club for half a season.
Wow. No respect.

We should have a poll, but I believe there is a top player in there. He’s shown it over two seasons. I once called him Danny Welbeck 2.0. That was incredibly harsh, and I regret it. He’s been so good at times, this latest patch of bad performances is troubling.

Does anyone remember the bomb he hit from 35-40 yards vs…. Was it West Ham? Jesus. I’ve seen like 5 of them in my lifetime. Danny Welbeck doesn’t hit that kind of ball.

Foxbatt

Wow. No respect.

We should have a poll, but I believe there is a top player in there. He’s shown it over two seasons. I once called him Danny Welbeck 2.0. That was incredibly harsh, and I regret it. He’s been so good at times, this latest patch of bad performances is troubling.

Does anyone remember the bomb he hit from 35-40 yards vs…. Was it West Ham? Jesus. I’ve seen like 5 of them in my lifetime. Danny Welbeck doesn’t hit that kind of ball.
I have seen Darren Gibson hit one of those. It doesn't make him a top player.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He has two years left on his current deal. Either sell him now or give him a contract extension in a couple years(probably increased pay) or have him leave on a free in a couple years.

I'd say selling him is the best option out of those three.

hobbers

Wow. No respect.

He's never shown glimpses of a top player.

His entire United career can be summed up as - he scores during counter attacks. Sometimes he makes good runs and Lindelof finds him with a long pass and he puts the ball away. That is the best Rashford has ever done.

He also once scored with a 35 yard shot. And missed countless other long range shots when there were better options.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I'll bench him for the remainder of the season, and perhaps give him one more season as backup role.

If no improvements, then just sell him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ronaldo has somewhat hampered his progress. Before, we would look for the runs of Rashford over the top, but now our attack centers around Ronaldo. I will wait and see how he performs again when Ronaldo isn’t a starter and Rashford is one of our main forward. I will like to see a team consistenting or Bruno as the false 9, with Rashford and Sancho/elanga as the other attackers.
Where have you been last year? Rashford has been fecking shite/useless since start of 2021, or months before that, which was long before Ronaldo arrived here. He later blame it all on injuries he has been carrying for months last season. But after coming back from the surgery last summer, his very shite form continues, up to this very moment.

I think he is currently worst than Lingard at his worst, and we all know all bad Lingard was when he was at his worst.

Ibi Dreams

He's never shown glimpses of a top player.

His entire United career can be summed up as - he scores during counter attacks. Sometimes he makes good runs and Lindelof finds him with a long pass and he puts the ball away. That is the best Rashford has ever done.

He also once scored with a 35 yard shot. And missed countless other long range shots when there were better options.
That's not really true. He is best when countering or making a run, but he's also had joy taking people on in the past as well. He's had periods where he looked dangerous every time he was on the ball

DSG

I have seen Darren Gibson hit one of those. It doesn't make him a top player.
True. But Marcus Rashford has scored 93 goals for this club. Just a few weeks ago, he scored in the 93rd minute to give us a win over West Ham.

He’s in bad form right now. But he has reached 20+ goals in a season twice.He’s done a lot of great things for the country. I think he deserves a bit more respect, and time to sort things out.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'd keep Rashford.

As to whether I'd offer him a generous new contract on his current terms, probably not unless his form improves significantly next season.

At the moment he shouldn't be starting matches because he is in terrible form.
He wouldn't take a paycut for next contract. Thus keeping him would be another Pogba's case. A 100m asset turns into zero.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'll bench him for the remainder of the season, and perhaps give him one more season as backup role.

If no improvements, then just sell him.
He only has another 18 month of contract plus one year option. When will we ever learn to NOT let player has 1 year left?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
True. But Marcus Rashford has scored 93 goals for this club. Just a few weeks ago, he scored in the 93rd minute to give us a win over West Ham.

He’s in bad form right now. But he has reached 20+ goals in a season twice.He’s done a lot of great things for the country. I think he deserves a bit more respect, and time to sort things out.
And that's the problem with this club and fanbase. Just riding the waves of romanticism. Maybe you agree with our board that Ole deserved all the time in the world to turn the season around when every guy and their dog saw it as a clusterfeck?

Players like Lingard are at the club because he performed for 2 months. Jones is still at the club because apparently we are classy.

The people at this club, including most of the fanbase have this hoarding mentality where they think a player will magically fix everything on their own. A lot of them have trouble letting it go.

Rashford has always shown lack of intelligence on the pitch. That has nothing to do with his injury. And no, he is not in bad form right now, he has been in bad form since god knows when.

LisburnWhite

We always hold onto failing players too long in the hope that they will turn it around. Hate to say it but time to shift him out.
Don't think they will however and new manager will also give him another year to prove himself again unfortunately meaning more wasted time.
Think Ferguson would have seen what was happening and after giving him a chance would have sold him on.

Kopral Jono

Like I said time and again, the number one problem with Rashford is that he has a double digit footballing IQ and for this reason alone I totally get why some are done with him. I too have said nasty things about him at the heat of a given moment. But objectively speaking, his physical talent (to which there are plenty -- let's call a spade a spade) on top of being an absolute role model off the pitch are two reasons why he isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Not a single drop of tear will be shed on my end if he leaves in the near future but I wouldn't mind him staying, either. I do think he still has something to offer.

Daengophile

Wow. No respect.

It's not meant disrespectfully.

Whatever is causing his plummeting confidence, he's not improving by being dropped or coming off the bench.

I don't think a spell in the reserves is gonna cut it

And a loan to another PL club might be a mess

Giving him a chance to excel would be better. Maybe for Derby if they can stay up

Thiagoal

The only team in world football that would possibly bid for him- on the terms he and us would accept would be Newcastle!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Think selling him would be hasty personally, but a loan could be something that suits everyone. He's horrifically out of form in a team that isn't functioning very well which isn't exactly ideal for finding form. Let him get slightly out of the spotlight somewhere else for a year and see what happens then.

stw2022

Yes, the new dele alli, seen hundreds of times

Early explosion > make money > disappear
This is what I don’t understand about why some still think this reality is some kind of unfathomable phenomenon.

We see it with the vast majority of young players who seem like they have huge potential in their late teens and early twenties and then fall off the radar.

I think the fan base were ahead of the Caf on this. Outside of this obsession with coming across as a ‘Top Red’ that fans who only talk about football online have, there’s been fairly strong and consistent criticism of Rashford from the fan base for quite a while that predates the current nonsense on “he’s only playing badly because of a shoulder injury we’ve no evidence he has” thing we see on Rashford threads here

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am unsure I would be actively trying to sell him but he certainly is not untouchable. He has two years left on his contract. I don't think he deserves another.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Think selling him would be hasty personally, but a loan could be something that suits everyone. He's horrifically out of form in a team that isn't functioning very well which isn't exactly ideal for finding form. Let him get slightly out of the spotlight somewhere else for a year and see what happens then.
you don't loan first team level players. We either give him another chance or we sell. Considering that he's heading towards the end of his contract then the latter would do. There used to be a time when we had standards and if you drop out of it for too long then you're on the way out. There again it was a time when United aimed for titles.

ForeverRed1

Asking for 70 million for a player whose putting out gutter level performances:lol:

Rashford has played well for us over the years but given he's been shit for a long time, that's an absurd valuation
that’s my point though. I wouldn’t sell him yet. So it would take a ridiculous offer for him to go. If he doesn’t come good next season it’s a different story.

he’s English though and a marketing dream, so he wouldn’t be cheap.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
you don't loan first team level players. We either give him another chance or we sell. Considering that he's heading towards the end of his contract then the latter would do. There used to be a time when we had standards and if you drop out of it for too long then you're on the way out. There again it was a time when United aimed for titles.
I would usually agree, but I feel like Rashford could still be a top player and this is down to being unable to regain any kind of rhythm from that back injury. I don't often worry about players going on to hurt us once they leave, but feel we could live to regret giving up on Rashford too quickly.

stw2022

It probably doesn’t make sense to sell him in a summer we’re likely going to be losing several attacking options for one reason or another. But good Lord he should only find himself in the staring XI if it’s a third round League Cup tie against Oxford United or someone.

As for fans owing him loyalty? Sorry two years of walking around the pitch acting like Maradona with a two foot dick has spent all of his ‘loyalty’ vouchers for me

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Id let the next manager decide because;

If its Ten Hag then Rashford is going to have to improve his possesion play and decision making because the whole team will be playing at this tactic and level. If he can't adapt well enough then his future needs to be bought in to line.

On the other hand If its Pochettino then Rashford should have a coach that managed to get the best out of Tottenhams H.Son & delle Ali; if he fails under that then his future needs to be bought in the line aswell.

I kind of feel that too many players in the squad are failing right now to lay the blame on a certain few.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

I am unsure I would be actively trying to sell him but he certainly is not untouchable. He has two years left on his contract. I don't think he deserves another.
Which is why he has to be sold. Or shall we let him leave on a free?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I would usually agree, but I feel like Rashford could still be a top player and this is down to being unable to regain any kind of rhythm from that back injury. I don't often worry about players going on to hurt us once they leave, but feel we could live to regret giving up on Rashford too quickly.
then insert a buy back clause if needed. Players need to understand that lowering standards have grave consequences. We can't reward players by letting them leave to less stressful environments while still retaining their huge salary and their PR link to the club

9 Stone Elvis

I would sell him like a shot. Newcastle will buy him for stupid money as a "statement of intent" and that will be him finished at the top level. However I expect the decision to be made by the new manager and we have too many forwards going out the door this summer so I expect he will stay to be found out further next season.

stevoc

Form aside there seems to be a section of the United fan base that have developed a bizarre dislike towards Rashford the last 12 months or so. The Daily Mil would be pleased.

Red00012

Form aside there seems to be a section of the United fan base that have developed a bizarre dislike towards Rashford the last 12 months or so. The Daily Mil would be pleased.
Based on what exactly ? His form has been nothing short of a disgrace what other reason is there to dislike him apart from a footballing one ?

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He’s going to be 25. What traits does he have that make him a top player? He really isn’t. He’ll have games, moments even where he looks decent but his overall contribution is nowhere near top level and I don’t actually think it ever has been. Football is moving fast and our players are falling way behind what is required to be at the top.

9 Stone Elvis

The rational sane part of the fanbase is a pretty forgiving lot. they like to see youth players do well and they like to see "one of their own" break through. they give players time to develop and they tend to back players when they are off form. Rashford has received incredible backing from this fanbase for his entire Man Utd career, I know because Ive argued with it for the last year or so!

What they will absolutely NOT put up with is an apparent lack of effort and thats what we are seeing now. Maybe he cares deeply I have no idea but in addition to his lack of a football brain and the goals and assists that his play could hide behind drying up, what we are seeing now is a petulant, disinterested and frankly lazy looking figure in a red shirt. Its at this point that most fans who backed him have turned.

It has NOTHING to do with food vouchers, poverty, race, free school meals, politics, social media, writing books or collaborating with chefs and has absolutely EVERYTHING to do with what happens when he puts a pair of football boots on and plays for Man Utd.

Judas

Open to offers
At this point in his career, I really didn't think we'd be having this sort of discussion as a fanbase. I hope a new manager can sort him out, because the talent is there, or was, but the application these days is so far off where it should be. The bloke is like a shell of the player he used to be.