• Yes

Votes: 515 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 904 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MajesticUnited

Look, he’s a vastly superior coach to what we currently have, beat both Tuchel and Pep at Wembley this year, and would want the job. Sir Matt played for both Liverpool and City. We’d get over it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This is a joke surely? Tielemans for one - you will argue he was at the club on loan already but any club could have signed him for £40m that summer but he wanted to stay at Leicester. Castagne has been a good signing, as has Justin for a young player stepping up to the PL. It is too early to judge this seasons signings. Perez was a reasonable signing at the time but signed for a vastly inflated fee because everyone knew they were banking £80m for Maguire.
The point of the recruitment argument I started is the ability to find the right players not the ability to convince the player to stay at the club. I don't know how you can even include Tielemans into that argument. The rest are meh and terrible, you are just pushing it to suit your argument. No one can justify that Catagne has been good signing, the guy can't even start over Trossard, Hazarrd, and Meunier as wingback in Belgium national team. You see my view as a joke but based on point and fact I just told you in this comment, I see your view as a joke unfortunately.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
You can tell from the comments on here why Mourinho was hounded out of OT despite winning silverware. He was never liked by the fanbase right from the start. Fans can be so petty.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You can tell from the comments on here why Mourinho was hounded out of OT despite winning silverware. He was never liked by the fanbase right from the start. Fans can be so petty.
Nah, Mounrinho was asking to be sacked at the end. You don't compare the heritage of United and Sevilla to the detriment of the former and expect to be loved or even liked.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
No Old Trafford crowd would ever sing "you scouse bastard" at our manager.
This got me thinking, does anyone remember back in the day if Ron Atkinson ever got this chant? Or even former Liverpool captain Sir Matt? At the time this was the equivilant of Stevie G landing at OT and becoming the next Fergie !!

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Being a grade A cnut didn't help, though
Mourinho is definitely an obnoxious character, but the hostility towards him was based on his background as a successful manager at Chelsea more than on his character. I can't think of a single manager who won major silverware at another PL club who would be acceptable by the United fanbase right now, just read the comments about Klopp for instance. And that's part of the problem.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Plenty of us gave him a chance actually, he just made everything toxic. Something he was doing before United and after United. It's just who he is now.

Mourinho is an utter cnut and always has been. He got away with it while he was younger because he had a bit of humour with it and he actually won the big titles.

The version United got was the old, bitter Mourinho who had long since lost his humour and his winning ways.

He was brought to United to win the league - people thought we can hold our noses for a couple of years and ignore the stink if he's going to deliver the league.

Once it was clear he wasn't going to do that the players, fans and club felt the Mourinho stink wasn't worth it for a league cup and a Europa cup.

croadyman

Know I'm a complete prat for saying this but IF he led us to silverware and it involved beating the scousers on the way then I would be happy to wipe away his connection to that lot, just a win at Anfield could win over some of our fanbase who despise him for managing them but still many bridges to build even if that happened.

podurban2

Nah Mou just become a useless manager and a self-loving turd at the detriment of the club he managed.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Madrid job changed Mourinho. After that he was a sour, petty tosser basically. Brendan has a far brighter outlook than Mourinho has. I think Brendan might be good right now. He might not rip up trees but I think he could get Utd playing attractive football and he might get a trophy or two. All things considered he is my first choice. He has won silverware, his teams always entertain, he gets on well with the owners, players seem to like him and he has plenty of Premier League experience.

Flexdegea

Mourinho is definitely an obnoxious character, but the hostility towards him was based on his background as a successful manager at Chelsea more than on his character. I can't think of a single manager who won major silverware at another PL club who would be acceptable by the United fanbase right now, just read the comments about Klopp for instance. And that's part of the problem.

Sorry but that's nonsense.

You either weren't following it back then or are pretending to not know. I liked Mourinho but he literally alienated everyone from Sevilla game to peak toxic negativity in the summer manifesting itself in everyone being depressed From his relentless sulking to the relief when he was gone.

And here I liked Jose too, but was hard to stick by the end

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He can't organise a high press therefore he won't be able to win the title. It's that simple.
Cant organise a low block either.

Managed in 257 games in the PL. Conceded 320 goals. Close to 50 goals average per season.

Last edited:

croadyman

Madrid job changed Mourinho. After that he was a sour, petty tosser basically. Brendan has a far brighter outlook than Mourinho has. I think Brendan might be good right now. He might not rip up trees but I think he could get Utd playing attractive football and he might get a trophy or two. All things considered he is my first choice. He has won silverware, his teams always entertain, he gets on well with the owners, players seem to like him and he has plenty of Premier League experience.
He's not my first choice but also wouldn't rule him out completely just because of his past

shahzy

beggars cant be choosers. We are shite. anyone is better than ole

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
beggars cant be choosers. We are shite. anyone is better than ole
Yes.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try getting the best and rodgers although better than ole isn't the best available.

croadyman

Yes.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try getting the best and rodgers although better than ole isn't the best available.
Yeah IF we can't get any of Ten Hag/Zidane/Pochettino or Rangnick (interim) then should be looking at him, won't bother putting either of Mancini/Enrique on the list as don't see either leaving their respective international jobs right now

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I literally couldn't care less about him having managed Liverpool. I just think he's an overrated manager.

Idxomer

Mourinho wasn't hounded out, the fans even sang his name after coming back as a pundit to Old Trafford.

MrBest

You wouldn't have Kliopp as manager then?
Personally, absolutely not. Klopp is one of my favourite managers but unfortunately he has been on the other side. My own opinion though, i don't expect others to share it.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
See above.
Not sure Ten Hag wd leave his very safe Ajax job where he has enjoyed all his managerial success for a very hot seat where no-one else has lasted long since Fergie. Zidane wd be a total misfit at United and won't last long. Pochhettino wd need a lot more time and resources to succeed at United than the club and fanbase wd be prepared to give him, . Rangnick has never won anything worth talking about and is overhyped imo. I seriously can't see Mancini taking up a job in Manchester's red half esp when he is already enjoying Azzurri success. As for Enrique, if a totally desperate Barca can't have him back, what are the chances of him coming to Manchester?

JB7

The point of the recruitment argument I started is the ability to find the right players not the ability to convince the player to stay at the club. I don't know how you can even include Tielemans into that argument. The rest are meh and terrible, you are just pushing it to suit your argument. No one can justify that Catagne has been good signing, the guy can't even start over Trossard, Hazarrd, and Meunier as wingback in Belgium national team. You see my view as a joke but based on point and fact I just told you in this comment, I see your view as a joke unfortunately.
Because he wasn’t a Leicester player. He was on loan there & was very publicly available to anyone in the summer for £40m. As for using the Belgian National team as an argument for a player being a poor signing, that’s comical.

croadyman

Not sure Ten Hag wd leave his very safe Ajax job where he has enjoyed all his managerial success for a very hot seat where no-one else has lasted long since Fergie. Zidane wd be a total misfit at United and won't last long. Pochhettino wd need a lot more time and resources to succeed at United than the club and fanbase wd be prepared to give him, . Rangnick has never won anything worth talking about and is overhyped imo. I seriously can't see Mancini taking up a job in Manchester's red half esp when he is already enjoying Azzurri success. As for Enrique, if a totally desperate Barca can't have him back, what are the chances of him coming to Manchester?
Anyone you do want at all?

MUFC OK

I think he's still a cut below the likes of Klopp, Guardiola, Tuchel in terms of quality and less rigorous in the pursuit of a particular way of playing, or relentlessly pursuing what they consider a 'perfect game' as some of you will have heard Rangnick allude to which seems to unite the elite level coaches. He seems to value flexibility and the ability to adapt to in-game situations, which I must admit is an improvement on what we currently have.

Some interesting quotes in this video:

foolsgold

Not sure he's my first choice, but clearly a massive upgrade on where we're at. He's matured a lot since his Liverpool days.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
When you consistently make the wrong coaching appointment, culminating in someone as unqualified as Ole in the job, you have to start asking if the appointers share your agenda at all. And the answer is they don't.

Nicolarra90

Probably not first choice, but a good coach nonetheless.
Has deflated when it matters just like Ole, but at least with some silverware.

Blood Mage

I'll back him if he's hired because I'm just so sick of our current situation and he is a decent coach, but it would be very underwhelming.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Okay …..

Brendan Rodgers inherited this Leicester side largely. The additions during his tenure in charge, have been suspect. We played better football 2 years ago.

Ten Haag, people bang on about his great European record. Realistically, he’s got an easy-ish league game to prepare for and then the real challenge is Europe.

Zidane inherited a wonderful squad but managed the personalities quite well and in a short spell, won an awful lot of silverware. Again though, he did alienate a few. Questions marks will always remain on was his tactical ability, or was it the individual brilliance of prime Ramos, Modric, Bale, Ronaldo etc!
Didn't Fofana come in during his tenure? Vestergaard was a truly awful signing.

LawmanMan

The man is a complete prize plonker. The desperation among some to nominate this horse-faced dumpliing really is something else.

Kaos

Amigos, our options are not abundant.
They aren’t, but we can do better than Brendon. Ragnick with Ten Hag succeeding in the summer, Gallardo, Galtier, heck even Potter.

The options are out there, but our board don’t want footballing purists or to take risks with a more progressive albeit unproven appointment, they want “PL proven” yes men who won’t kick up a fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.