Votes: 1,547 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 129 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He won't come.mid season and we need a change now. But we can't afford to spoil the season by having a care taker. Either he comes in now or we go with another option.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Sack Ole now, let Ronaldo to act as interim player manager, then appointed Ten Hag by end of season.

fallengt

I wanted Marco Rose or Julian Nagelsmann when Jose left. But the clowns in charge would never think beyond the burger that they have for diner so I'd take whoever hipster manager this time.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He won't come.mid season and we need a change now. But we can't afford to spoil the season by having a care taker. Either he comes in now or we go with another option.
I think we need to look at a bigger picture than a single season. Otherwise we are back in Woodward's no-exit maze.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Hiring the wrong manager will do more damage than spoiling this season by waiting for the right one.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I think we need to look at a bigger picture than a single season. Otherwise we are back in Woodward's no-exit maze.
We should stop thinking that he is the only savior for us. There are plenty of options who can come in and make it right.

RUCK4444

Hiring the wrong manager will do more damage than spoiling this season by waiting for the right one.
This. We need to have identified the one we want and wait to make it happen.

Otherwise we will be here with another manager the majority don’t want here in no time.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We should stop thinking that he is the only savior for us. There are plenty of options who can come in and make it right.
I don't think he's the only one, I really just want a progressive manager who will revolutionise how we play. There's not too many, and if you want them to be proven, there's hardly any.

And I know plenty of our players might not work for ten Hag, which I'm absolutely fine with. The last thing I'd want is a manager to come in to fit the personnel. I'd rather the personnel fit a vision that the club (this is the hope with Fletcher and Murtough) wants to promote long-term.

Thiagoal

We’ve missed out on Pep, Klopp, Tuchel. There is no part of me that thinks our club has any intention of making such a great appointment.

davidmichael

Has anyone watched the highlights of Ajax/PSV from earlier today ? Ajax destroyed PSV in a similar way to Liverpool did us today, there’s a reason Ten Hag was Bayern’s first choice as manager a couple of years ago and why Barca are said to be so hellbent on Ten Hag themselves that Xavi is second choice.

I’m not saying Ten Hag will be the next Guardiola or Klopp but he is by far the best head coach out there outside of say Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel and arguably Pochettino although this season will be the true indicator of whether Ten Hag is a better head coach than Pochettino seeing as Pochettino has such an embarrassment of riches that he needs to win the Champions League this season.

I’d love us to go with a double swoop on Ajax of Ten Hag as head coach and VDS as our CEO (if Richard Arnold hasn’t been given the job, I haven’t paid much attention to Woodward’s successor) as VDS is a football person who crossed over into the business side rather than a business person who crossed over into football and the problem we have now is business people rather than football people making football decisions.

stw2022

This whole “in football people can’t leave if they’re under contract or said they wouldn’t” thing is adorable .

Womp

idiot
I wanted Marco Rose or Julian Nagelsmann when Jose left. But the clowns in charge would never think beyond the burger that they have for diner so I'd take whoever hipster manager this time.
I'm a huge fan of Nagelsmann, evidenced by posts in the past. I wanted him here too, think we really missed a trick with him. Given the circumstances, Ten Haag is just as impressive, if not more so. With how competitive his teams continue to be despite constantly getting gutted, the football they play and the dominance they impose on teams with far more resources, it's a joy to watch

The club should be doing what the clever thing would’ve been back when they gave Ole the gig, contact their first choice manager and offer him the World, if he wants to wait until the Summer regardless, get straight on the phone to Blanc and get him in as an incredibly well paid caretaker.

Ten Hag should be first choice for me due to how, like Klopp at Dortmund, he’s proven his system is way more important than any individual, be it Frenkie, De Ligt, DvB, Ziyech etc. His system simply takes those great loses in it’s stride and slots another player in almost seamlessly. Very much reminiscent of Klopp at BVB.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Ajax are one of the best teams in the world right now. I wouldn’t leave that job this season for anything.

Sviken

Apparently he is linked to Newcastle thanks to the Overmars link. If I remember correctly, Overmars is the main reason Ten Hag got the job at Ajax. If Overmars goes to Newcastle, they might actually be in a good position to land him.

https://talksport.com/football/968267/newcastle-marc-overmars-ten-hag-ajax-premier-league-takeover/
Absolutely no chance. Ten Hag would be wanted by virtually every big club in the world when he leaves. It's way too early for Newcastle to look so high.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Has anyone watched the highlights of Ajax/PSV from earlier today ? Ajax destroyed PSV in a similar way to Liverpool did us today, there’s a reason Ten Hag was Bayern’s first choice as manager a couple of years ago and why Barca are said to be so hellbent on Ten Hag themselves that Xavi is second choice.

I’m not saying Ten Hag will be the next Guardiola or Klopp but he is by far the best head coach out there outside of say Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel and arguably Pochettino although this season will be the true indicator of whether Ten Hag is a better head coach than Pochettino seeing as Pochettino has such an embarrassment of riches that he needs to win the Champions League this season.

I’d love us to go with a double swoop on Ajax of Ten Hag as head coach and VDS as our CEO (if Richard Arnold hasn’t been given the job, I haven’t paid much attention to Woodward’s successor) as VDS is a football person who crossed over into the business side rather than a business person who crossed over into football and the problem we have now is business people rather than football people making football decisions.
I was with you up until you shoehorned Poch into the conversation

Caesar2290

Ajax are one of the best teams in the world right now. I wouldn’t leave that job this season for anything.
Could you have said the same thing before he joined? He is one of the reasons Ajax is so well run.

We are literally one manager away from looking like a top team. Look at Liverpool and how they looked before they landed Klopp.

As I said: one manager away from being a top team.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Sounds incredibly unlikely, but how fecking good would it feel if we saw Ole and Woodward both leave and Van Der Sar and Ten Hag join? United should throw money at it. You'd unite the whole fanbase, excitement, a clear focus on football from the top, United link with VDS but good business accumen, an exciting manager. That would put us back on the map.

The thing is, I genuinely think we could make this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.