Wout Weghorst - Manchester United Player (on loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugar_kane

Stick a curly wig on him and that could have been Fellaini bumbling around up front.

Not sure why I expected a 6 foot 6 striker to be a bit more nimble.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I thought Rashford should've came off before he did. At least Weghorst was using and finding his team mates.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He'll be a good stop gap, will keep us higher up the pitch. We basically ceded possession up top when he came off. Solid debut.

avgp_1

Did a decent job, worked hard and was involved well in the first half. 2nd half well we never came out to play. Would say an ok debut

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Didn’t have a lot of service. Can’t really judge any striker off that team performance.

Unam333

We lost our shape when he came off. Should have stayed on the pitch. I felt he looked a yard off though, but his link up play and pressing were impressive.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wasn't particularly good but worked hard and had some neat touches.

PoTMS

Should have just paid up for Felix.
Yep - can't shake the feeling he's just another Ighalo. It's still early days what with the limited training but he needs to improve quick as he's only here for another 5 months.

Fooza

Yep - can't shake the feeling he's just another Ighalo. It's still early days what with the limited training but he needs to improve quick as he's only here for another 5 months.
Think he's even worse than Ighalo, hope I'm proven wrong on that. I'm just baffled how we couldn't get in any other striker in than him.

flameinthesun

Soon as he went off we lost the focal point to our attack, if he was on the pitch he would have challenged for the ball from De Gea that preceeded the foul for the free kick unlike rashford who as normal doesnt challenge for air balls. Not spectacular but similar to Martial I'd rather have one of them up top rather than Rashford.

MegadrivePerson

If a players best two offers in the last 12 months are Burnley and the Turkish league, then it's pretty obvious his next move shouldn't be Man United.

I'd honestly rather that we'd signed nobody than him.

If he wasn't here tonight we'd have had to have started Garnacho. I'd much prefer that than somebody we'd never have signed under normal circumstances.

Last edited:

Irwin99

Tough crowd :nervous: . He's here to do a job as a squad player because the club is skint, our previous striker fecked off to Saudi Arabia, and our other main striker is a perennial sick note. It's been a bit of a shambles in terms of long term planning for the striker position and EtH can't fix everything at once.

Thought his touch and hold up play was decent but he looked slow as feck. Might take him a few games to get back into the intensity of the league.

Judas

Open to offers
He was about what I expected, not so good in the air, but good pressing, and clever linkup.

His pace though, knew he wasn't the quickest but bloody hell :lol:

Last edited:

Laurencio

I'd seriously consider bringing in an additional loan striker. I'm not confident we can score enough goals with what we have.

Abraxas

I think it was a pretty tough one to come into. Quite frenetic. Both teams seemed to struggle with basic control and passing tonight. Was more like basketball than football. So I don't think we really gave the best platform for a striker to look good with all the flicks and one touch passes behind the intended target rather than just keeping possession and letting opportunities present themselves.

Hopefully he'll look better as he adjusts. Needs to do it quickly though, that's kind of the point.

RedDevilQuebecois

Soon as he went off we lost the focal point to our attack, if he was on the pitch he would have challenged for the ball from De Gea that preceeded the foul for the free kick unlike rashford who as normal doesnt challenge for air balls. Not spectacular but similar to Martial I'd rather have one of them up top rather than Rashford.
I also feel the same way. Sure he was looking to find his stride, but I think he was doing the basics right outside of registering a shot.

Considering that he was never subbed once in the Turkish league this season, I think he could and should have stayed on to keep the Palace defenders honest so Rashford could do his normal job on the pitch.

Shark

@NotShark
Could we really not have brought somebody more mobile in on loan. He's just not a United striker for me.

Marcus

I thought he was decent. Remember it's his first game. Anyway, we were leading till he came off.

telstar96

Genuine question. How did Weghorst's link up play compare to Martial? Because for me, I could see an visible improvement.

Bertie Wooster

Tough debut for him. Wasn't a good team performance and he lacks the pace to be an individual threat and was only feeding off scraps in terms of chances being created for him.

But he was a willing runner and hold up player and put in a decent effort up front - especially as the latest Martial injury meant he was thrown in to start rather than eased in as a sub for a game or two.

He's not going to be an individual game changer with terrific solo runs, and will require chances created for him, so better to judge him after he's had more time to adapt and when we've seen him in better team performances where there's more opportunities being created in and around the box.

Doracle

Genuine question. How did Weghorst's link up play compare to Martial? Because for me, I could see an visible improvement.
Quite a lot worse. He doesn’t have a great touch and seems quite slow to get passes away. I’m not a particular fan of Martial but he’s considerably better at that side of the game.

Basso

Weghorst is the kind of player you throw on the last 20 mins when we are chasing a goal. Should never be a starter in the league but only in the FA Cup and Europa League.,

BuzzKillington

I’m still not seeing many names thrown about who we could have signed instead. Felix, who isn’t a striker and was pointlessly expensive, doesn’t count.

He didn’t look great but he did look ok. Will he come in useful before the end of the season? Probably.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Early Ighalo actually did OK, scored a decent handful of goals. If Weigy matches that we'll be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.