Wout Weghorst - Manchester United Player (on loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jericho

Will he get a start tonight? Weird that I'm kinda excited to see this big Dzeko lump play...
You're excited to see a another piece of the Ten Hag plan come together. I am too.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I hope people aren't seriously expecting this guy to set the World alight. He scored 2 goals in the PL last season.

If he manages more than a handful of goals between now and the end of the season, I'll be surprised.

Anyway, Ten Hag knows what he's doing and I'm sure he will get the best out of him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope people aren't seriously expecting this guy to set the World alight. He scored 2 goals in the PL last season.

If he manages more than a handful of goals between now and the end of the season, I'll be surprised.

Anyway, Ten Hag knows what he's doing and I'm sure he will get the best out of him.
Strikers bring way more to the modern game than goals now.

Holding the ball up + pressing will be far more important to us than tap ins (which I hope he will also bring)

as long as midfield + the wingers are chipping in with goals too, it won't matter if he only gets a smaller number.

You have to remember though his 2 goals were for a relegated Burnley who barely crossed the half way line. He will get way more chances here.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I hope people aren't seriously expecting this guy to set the Wout alight. He scored 2 goals in the PL last season.

Anyway, Ten Hag knows what he's doing and I'm sure he will get the best Wout of him.
Fixed your post

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I get the feeling ETH knows exactly how he will fit into the team. Hope he starts against Palace

Jericho

It's not just about goals from him though. It's about the system that Ten Hag is trying to implement and hopefully Weghorst can help with that. He's a small piece in a bigger puzzle.

Devil81

I think he starts him tonight if Martial is still in the same condition as he was on Saturday.

Devil81

If we based every strikers ability on a bad period in their career you'd be righting off loads of strikers. I'm looking at his previous records for teams more capable of creating chances for him and I give him the benefit of the doubt on his time at Burnley.

I expect him to start tonight if Martial isn't fit which could turn out a good thing for the side as a new player can often debut well.

andy0

He also scored 2 goals against Argentina last month

TheReligion

Abusive

I think it all depends on what your expectations for him and his role in the team are.

As pointed out his pressing and workrate is extremely high so I suspect he will help us defend from the front and create chances by simply enforcing errors and panic in the opposition.

He also offers a more physical presence in terms of hold up play and has the ability to effectively link up with others in an around the box.

Finally his movement off the ball should not only present opportunities for him but open space up for our wide players, and Bruno who attacks areas more centrally.

Essentially whilst a CFs job is ultimately to score goals Weghorst does offer more than that and he will need to be judged in terms of how he fits in the system with our other forwards not just his goals scored output.

RuudTom83

His goal scoring record is decent...yes he only scored 2 goals at Burnley, but playing for Burnley is going to heavily impact the number of chances a CF will get every game.

Glorio

What do you describe as a handful? If you're thinking 15 to 25-ish, I'm with you. I sincerely hope no one is expecting much more than that.
Heh heh heh

ROFLUTION

It's like every hope we have for a perfect striker gets sucked out of every fan and put into dreams about how wonderful Wout Weghorst will be spearheading our attack :lol:

There's so much potential for it all to go south. He'll have a hard time living up to all these expectations

poleglass red

I think if he chips in with some goals, but more so his presence creates goals for other players, notably the wide men, I'd be happy enough. Martial wasn't in sparkling form v City, but he held the ball up, laid it off, he occupied their central defenders. It wasn't until he went off we realised the effective job he was doing for the balance of the team. If this chap can offer something similar, then job done.

mancsarered

The pressing alone makes me excited to see a debut. This bringing in players who fit a specific system stuff is brilliant :lol:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He seems pretty arrogant, like he's gunning for Martials job
I’d call it confident. At the minute it shouldn’t be very hard to take Martials spot. At least weghorst will attempt to press and work hard for us without the ball.

Yakuza_devils

From what I read, ETH signed him mainly for pressing and hold up/link up play from the front. I know he is a striker but goal scoring is not the main reason he was signed.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I’m way more excited about watching Wout play for United than is at all reasonable.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
From what I read, ETH signed him mainly for pressing and hold up/link up play from the front. I know he is a striker but goal scoring is not the main reason he was signed.
We have goalscoring wingers and mids. It's a team game afterall, so not worried about his numbers as long as team functions better.

evil_geko

So ... he's full of freedom and liberty vibes now since he has not been injected by Bill Gates' mind control nanobots.
Don't make mess in this thread, I am personally triple jabbed but I don't witch hunt people who are not, while there really are some "nutters" out there, there are also decent people that believe what they believe, rightly or wrongly, so let's leave it at that.

Anyway, excited to see tha lad tonight.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He will be a decent addition. He's kind of an average striker, now imagine a world class striker, kinda shows how fecked we are there, relying on Martial from glass, calling excuses for him that he's a false 9..

Status
Not open for further replies.