Wout Weghorst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Our January loans tend to work out. Sometimes so well that we extend the contract. That’s when it starts to go wrong…

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah, rashford got 4 in 25 in PL last season. I trust ten hag, have no reason not to so far

This will be taken out of context even if I say they aren't similar players and he's nowhere near the same level, but purely from a posture/physical playing similarity, he looks a bit like RVN on TV in how he moves. Wout van Nisrelrooy
We spend a lot of our games with the opposition camped in their box. Having a 6'6 shitehouse to win some headers when required can only be a good thing.

For me it's more important he's mobile enough and has good link up play, from what the stats say he is.

It gives us another option to go 4-4-2 when required also. I'm not snobby about players, i'll judge him on how he performs. If he's shite? then it's only 6 months and was a gamble.

If he's good? then we can potentially sign him long term for fairly cheap.

OmarUnited4ever

Better than not signing anyone, he is here on cheap and simple loan, just to tie us over the second half of the season.

Wish him all the best as a United player and hopefully he does a job for us.

RedChisel

Wout Wout better than nowt!
He'll press more than Ronaldo without a doubt!
Come on! He wears massive shoes! Come on!

SoCross

This could be a shrewd loan signing. We’ve been crying out for presence in the box for Bruno’s lobbed passes. Will also help Antony to cut in on his left and deliver. Think he’s good for at least 6-8 league goals if he plays regularly enough till the end of the season.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Thought this was very interesting. From Atheltic.
Burnley’s service to Weghorst did not suit him. Wood was a willing channel-runner and dominant aerially, but the Dutchman proved the opposite, struggling aerially for someone of his size in open play and preferring the ball to be played to his feet, with him enjoying dropping into pockets of space to receive possession and link play

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Managed to wind up Messi and all his fanboys so welcome aboard.

Unam333

I think it is a zero risk move and I like what he brings. Now we have a target man to hold the ball up and brings other players into play. He can add a defensive presence to corners and set pieces. He may not be a poacher that brings us goals but he adds a different dimension to our play. He can score zero goals for all I care if we keep wining.
Actually, I watched a few clips of him and he looks quite a poacher, staying in the box, getting his goals.

Glorio

Disappointing that there haven't been any option to buy clauses reported in this deal. From what I had read, Besiktas had a £10m option for him. Not that Weghorst should be seen as a long term solution for us, but lets say that he bags 7 or 8 goals this season and generally performs well. An option to buy of around £12m, lets say, would be great value for money and add depth and versitility in our front line.

We could then splash on a big name signing up top this summer and suddenly have loads of quality and depth in a position where we currently have none.

LW: Rashford/Martial/Garnacho
RW: Antony/Sancho/Rashford
CF: (Vlahovic or Oshimen)/Marial/Weghorst

Looking good for a title push on all fronts :drool:
I honestly don't see Martial as a genuine LW option anymore

SER19

We spend a lot of our games with the opposition camped in their box. Having a 6'6 shitehouse to win some headers when required can only be a good thing.

For me it's more important he's mobile enough and has good link up play, from what the stats say he is.

It gives us another option to go 4-4-2 when required also. I'm not snobby about players, i'll judge him on how he performs. If he's shite? then it's only 6 months and was a gamble.

If he's good? then we can potentially sign him long term for fairly cheap.
Agree. Some of liverpools signings under klopp looked odd then were very good because the manager had a clear idea of how he wanted to use them. If nothing else we need depth and a different type of striker

wangyu

He is going to be a **** figure in no time, especially after netting the winner verses arsenal

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'm quite optomistic about this signing.

He will offer us something we've missed which is An actual threat from crosses. If ETH wants him then I trust him to get the best out of him and for weghorst to give him 110%.

Zed 101

Managed to wind up Messi and all his fanboys so welcome aboard.
Yeah but supposedly Martinez was one that he was falling out with when the the little monkey man got involved, hopefully bygones and all that.... got to say makes me smile though can just imagine Martinez squaring up to his chest

Adam-Utd

Yeah but supposedly Martinez was one that he was falling out with when the the little monkey man got involved, hopefully bygones and all that.... got to say makes me smile though can just imagine Martinez squaring up to his chest
If anything I think Martinez will appreciate having another 'bastard' on the team.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Probably his knee cap :lol:

MyBloodIsRed

15, 24, 30, 32, 35, 37

Is 7 open since it was registered already? Not sure on the rules. 11 is out there but seems they aren’t releasing it until Masons stuff is final.

Blood Mage

I'm just worried he might slow us down like Ronaldo did. At least he can press I suppose.

poleglass red

is there any chance he could be on the bench on Saturday or will the registration etc not be done in time. Him coming on in later stages, whether we are seeing game out, or chasing a goal would be a big lift.

Adam-Utd

I'm just worried he might slow us down like Ronaldo did. At least he can press I suppose.
We attack with speed through the wings anyway, Martial rarely carries the ball. He takes it in, turns and plays it wide then gets to the centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.