Wout Weghorst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul778

It's quite possible he was registered hours ago and the PR comes out later today. Maybe they're having trouble finding a piano?

I expect the mystery will be resolved at 1:30 during the match press conference.

TheReligion

Abusive
Tall, target man, knows him well, scored 18 goals in 22 games in Portugal in the 18/19 season, won't cost much at all.

Could also get the best out of Bruno again as they played well together at Sporting.

76 goals in 84 league games.
Thanks. I guess we know with Weghorst he’s a high pressing machine and has that mentality that EtH wants. He’s also available on loan at minimal cost.

Seems the better option of the two and even played in the WC just recently.

croadyman

Needs to be registered in time. We are notoriously slow at transfers
Yeah Utd have literally kept him completely under wraps since arriving. Hopefully it's all been sorted in time but as others have said press conference will reveal all.

NLunited

I agree. If he surprises his sceptics and scores a ton of goals between now and the end of the season United will want to keep him. However, instead of being able to get him for a fair fee Burnley will probably ask for two to three times that.

Then we go for a permanent target.

If Weghorst smashes it at Old Trafford he will want to stay, we will want him to stay and Burnley will know they can't keep him.

With two years left on his deal at the end of the season, Burnley will see sense in cashing in. However, I doubt the Burnley directors will want to let him go for the kind of cheap fee Besiktas had an option for. Burnley will probably point out how much we paid for Van Persie, when he was of a similar age and with a similar amount of time left on his Arsenal contract, and say inflation is much higher now than it was in 2012. It could get messy.
Then we move for a permanent target.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's quite possible he was registered hours ago and the PR comes out later today. Maybe they're having trouble finding a piano?

I expect the mystery will be resolved at 1:30 during the match press conference.
Yeah, I guess it wouldn't be public knowledge if they had registered him already.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Everything is probably settled already but boy does this give a deja vu to 2020/2021 when we signed Haller in the wintertransfer succesfully only to find out days later that some twat forgot to register him for the Europa.

NLunited

Tall, target man, knows him well, scored 18 goals in 22 games in Portugal in the 18/19 season, won't cost much at all.

Could also get the best out of Bruno again as they played well together at Sporting.

76 goals in 84 league games.
While we are at it, let’s get Luuk de Jong in too.

Real Name

This all is taking way to long. Only United would drag this kind of a simple deal for this long.

Varun1

Weghorst will improve the team more than Ronaldo did. He's better at holding up the ball and he presses. He also has a non-toxic attitude. Compared with Weghorst, Ronaldo isn't a natural striker. He also always claims freekicks as well. Ronaldo isn't a team player at all.
The article in Athletic mentioned his unselfish play, which was part of his downfall at Burnley.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I hear the delay in any announcement is due to the megastore having no XXXXL jerseys for his unveiling. The Glazers took them all for Christmas presents to their family and friends.

RuudTom83

Exactly, any tweets or promo will have nothing to do with his registration.

The two things are separate.

OverratedOpinion

Is the level of defending and pace in Turkish Football the same as Premier League?
That really isn't a valid comeback to what he said.

I would actually argue that being able to score more basic goals is a more transferable skill than being able to score worldies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Feels like a mistake. An optional £10M clause surely would have made sense for all parties involved?
Makes sense for us, makes sense for the player, but… Not for the club who he’s contracted to, so no. Weghouse does well here and they’d want more money for him. Or alternatively they come back up and he’s happy to stay there now they’re in the PL?

Glorio

If martial lets the head drop again it’s surely curtains for him. Hopefully the competition drives them all on to new levels
When Ighalo came and impressed in his first few games, Martial activated beast-mode and never looked back that season.

More of the same from him please. If not, he can enjoy the bench

OverratedOpinion

Martial is done for at United now anyway. He's not turning it around. Even if he finds some good form, he's not the calibre of a striker that we need.
Considering how hit or miss signings are I would say he has a future.

City would kill for Grealish to reach the level of Martial's best form from the left at United.

His role may become that of the versatile attacker who is only a rotation option but I don't imagine we could be sure to get a better player for cheaper than the fee we would get for him.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Considering how hit or miss signings are I would say he has a future.

City would kill for Grealish to reach the level of Martial's best form from the left at United.

His role may become that of the versatile attacker who is only a rotation option but I don't imagine we could be sure to get a better player for cheaper than the fee we would get for him.
He would already be gone if somebody wanted him last summer. Martial can't even replicate his best form on the left for us, so what use is that to us? He'll either be a very lowly squad player or sold within a year or two. He won't sit on our bench and that's where he will be next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.