WWC23 | England v Spain - Spain win the World Cup - and Rubiales gets sacked

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
I tuned in to see if I could get into watching the women’s football. First thing I see is engand keeper seeing it drift over her head while stood on the line. Ffs.
I don't see why they don't make the goals a bit smaller in the women's game. It's no wonder people talk about how bad the goalkeeping is when the goalkeeper is 5'8 and can get lobbed when they're one yard off the line.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I tuned in to see if I could get into watching the women’s football. First thing I see is engand keeper seeing it drift over her head while stood on the line. Ffs.
Yeh I've never seen that happen in the men's game.

Chief123

I don't see why they don't make the goals a bit smaller in the women's game. It's no wonder people talk about how bad the goalkeeping is when the goalkeeper is 5'8 and can get lobbed when they're one yard off the line.
It does seem a good suggestion. They are naturally physically smaller and weaker than men so having smaller goals would make sense.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
I know and I understand it. I just don't think the keeper should win those guess the next pass/shot placement every time!

Come on England. Made a game of it now.
Can we agree this one WAS a GK error? :D

Bobski

Colombia stopped playing after the goal, had dominated the play for 20 mins, pushing players forward then immediately went into protect mode, dumb.

Excellent response from England though.

hobbers

Smaller goals wouldn’t have helped that one.

Game undermined by abysmal keeping

RyRy11

Was about to say the same. Extra ammunition for people to bag on the women's game.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
It does seem a good suggestion. They are naturally physically smaller and weaker than men so having smaller goals would make sense.
It’s a dumb suggestion, we arent seeing scores of 5-0 or 6-5 every game so there is no need to change the goal side. Your problem is you can’t work out the game looks, plays and is different to how the men’s game is and you are applying men’s standards to a women’s game. Not a bright thing to be doing.

redshaw

Going behind has really got England out of their shell. Good pressure from Russo to force an error.

Hopefully they have the confidence now to take the game to them instead of retreating.

Duane Dibley

Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Enjoyed that half.

England are missing James, just needed that bit of quality and inventiveness in the final third, Russo's been pretty anonymous all game.

Long way to go in this and wouldn't be surprised if it goes all the way to penalties again.

Chief123

It’s a dumb suggestion, we arent seeing scores of 5-0 or 6-5 every game so there is no need to change the goal side. Your problem is you can’t work out the game looks, plays and is different to how the men’s game is and you are applying men’s standards to a women’s game. Not a bright thing to be doing.
Your problem is you’re getting too sensitive at trying to defend the women’s game. Relax and accept some of the quality we see is a bit shite.

Nogbadthebad

Toone has been a bit of a disappointment in this tournament, and this game has kind of left her behind too.

I also think Daly should be playing up front over Russo, shes a much more natural finisher.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
It's not my problem at all. I couldn't care less whether they change it or not - I'm not criticising the keeper, I've watched her enough to know she's one of the best. I'm just sympathising with the goalkeepers who get dragged for things they can't really do much about.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Toone has been a bit of a disappointment in this tournament, and this game has kind of left her behind too.

I also think Daly should be playing up front over Russo, shes a much more natural finisher.
I agree with both. Toone at best should be out wide, she's just way too off the pace and weak in the tackle for where she is played today.

Bobski

It's not my problem at all. I couldn't care less whether they change it or not - I'm not criticising the keeper, I've watched her enough to know she's one of the best. I'm just sympathising with the goalkeepers who get dragged for things they can't really do much about.
She misreads the pace and flight of the ball and mistimed her jump, might have even gone with the wrong hand. But it looks shit, floats into the middle of the goal.

Stack

I wasn’t replying to you

Gavinb33

I went to a few games during the euros and thought the games were a good watch, but it was startling when you see it live how small the keepers looked compared to the size of the goal, I think this should he looked at too

Zippy20

Supports
Hertha BSC
When there's a shot that a female goalkeeper can't possibly reach, the keeper isn't shit or the goals too big - it's just an either great or lucky shot. The game isn't wrong, the viewer's expectations of how (women's) football is supposed to work are.

I agree with some, that Earps mistimed her jump in this case, though.

Stack

I went to a few games during the euros and thought the games were a good watch, but it was startling when you see it live how small the keepers looked compared to the size of the goal, I think this should he looked at too
If we were seeing scores with 8 or more goals per game at the top level consistently then yes there would be a problem however we aren’t seeing that. No need to adjust the goals.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
I wasn’t replying to you
Apologies, could have sworn I saw my post quoted originally but I'm tired enough for my eyelid to be twitching so probably just seeing things.