Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Only showing stuff coming in the next 12 months was a mistake.
Yeah soon as they said that, I knew it wasn't living up to the expectations of all those leaks. We know that h2 this year is basically empty.

Lots have criticised them in the past for showing things way in advance, so understandable I guess, especially since they can't keep to their timelines (ie. if they showed something like Avowed slated for Holiday 2023, and then push it into 2024 like Starfield, they showed their cards too early).

Alock1

There are worse names but I kinda see what you mean. I agree about Kojima but he's still a big get.
Yeah a big get but not necessarily a good get, imo.

MS are quite protective over the brand, and he will want creative power, so I'm not even sure it'll work out that well. Let's see.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Only showing stuff coming in the next 12 months was a mistake.
Think Phil took the criticism of last year/the year before's conferences to heart from what Grubb said with all the talk of logo reveals/CGI for stuff that is years away so wanted to keep this recent.

Looks like a lot of filler but in 40 minutes time we'll probably be talking about how it is the greatest Xbox conference ever due to the stuff they're closing the show with.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
What exactly do you mean? Most of the show has been gameplay? Or is the issue that it's gameplay clips cut together?
Pre-canned means basically pre-rendered in a way. Not quite, but captured in engine with all the settings turned up to max and set pathways to follow, set events. Some of the animations have been raw motion capture too, it's an age old trick that is so obvious on the eye.

There's not been much actual captured gameplay, especially not in the games I've specifically been pointing this out on.

Redlambs

Think Phil took the criticism of last year/the year before's conferences to heart from what Grubb said with all the talk of logo reveals/CGI for stuff that is years away so wanted to keep this recent.

Looks like a lot of filler but in 40 minutes time we'll probably be talking about how it is the greatest Xbox conference ever due to the stuff they're closing the show with.
Ok Locky, we are on to you!

Alock1

To be fair, the greatest Xbox showcase isn't actually that high a bar :lol: even i'll admit that

Do think some of their shows have been judged harshly by people here but they were always B at best (and often C)

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
To be fair, the greatest Xbox showcase isn't actually that high a bar :lol: even i'll admit that

Do think some of their shows have been judged harshly by people here but they were always B at best (and often C)
They had good/decent conferences 360, and early One era.

Alock1

With gamepass it does flip how you view the showcase entirely.

For people who don't have it, you just look at most of these games and they're okay but not enough for you to buy a whole new console and subscription, so you aren't gonna care or take note. Pure filler.

If you have gamepass and like me, download and love trying every game that comes to the platform with no intention of ever completing them, you're pretty leaned in and can definitely appreciate quantity even without complete quality.

Alock1

Also, if it's just stuff for the past 12 months, there can't be much more 1p stuff coming in the next 30 minutes. Diablo 4 (soon 1p) and Starfield.

Likes of Avowed, Hellblade 2, Contraband, Fable, Perfect Dark, Everwild etc. won't be getting shown. So don't think there's going to be tons here in this next 30. Starfield may well take 10+ minutes.

Balljy

For people who don't have it, you just look at most of these games and they're okay but not enough for you to buy a whole new console and subscription, so you aren't gonna care or take note. Pure filler.

If you have gamepass and like me, download and love trying every game that comes to the platform with no intention of ever completing them, you're pretty leaned in and can definitely appreciate quantity even without complete quality.
Or you can be like me and get Game Pass, try loads of stuff but always end up going back to and putting hundreds of hours into FM2022 on GP :lol:

Redlambs

Maybe.

But then it's not what gaming has always been about, that's the Netflix method of throwing lots of shit.

It only works if you have the odd Diamonds to supplement the gold.

Ainu

See I really don't get this. I do subscribe to Game Pass but filler is still filler, I really don't get any more excited by it because I get to try it for free. My greatest fear about services like Game Pass is that it will make people accept mediocrity.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Not much in the show so far for me. But a decent variety

Wasn’t quite expecting obsidians game to look like what it did….

Redlambs

See I really don't get this. I do subscribe to Game Pass but filler is still filler, I really don't get any more excited by it because I get to try it for free. My greatest fear about services like Game Pass is that it will make people accept mediocrity.
Good point.

And it also doesn't cater to people like me who already has played most of those games. The future generations will be even worse for it too, no way the GP stays in it's current state at it's current price. Something has got to give, and as we are seeing with Netflix, it will give sooner than they predicted.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Maybe.

But then it's not what gaming has always been about, that's the Netflix method of throwing lots of shit.

And shit loads of spare time on your hands... Honestly, I don't have the time to try and find the diamonds.

Alock1

Maybe.

Last year I felt like they did that with Psychonauts, Flight Sim, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite. All 4 were very good-great as far as I'm concerned. Shame they couldn't keep that up this year.

Alock1

As long as there is A+ games in there too, then a place where B tier games can live in this era is great. But yes, they need to supplement with top tier games too. Not everything can be B tier.

Alock1

Was Diablo 4 gamepass? Missed the end of it.