Yankees

Noy yo Fdart

seven lost in a row

:(

guess you assholes should have bid higher for dice-k, huh?

go sox.

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
No RC. I went to uni in Boston and have been a Sox fan big time since 1967 Post on a few Sox sites. Lovin' it right now, although holding my breath as things have a way of turning sour for the Sox. Look at our history.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I went to see the Yankees play when I was over in America.

I was with a friend who is a die-hard Boston fan so he hated it with a passion.

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
No RC. I went to uni in Boston and have been a Sox fan big time since 1967 Post on a few Sox sites. Lovin' it right now, although holding my breath as things have a way of turning sour for the Sox. Look at our history.
Lucky.... because the Phillies are terrible this year and I would have had to ask you about the 1993 World Series and the Wild Thing!! :D

Tabata

Likes threads entitled 'Torres Signs' & welches on
Looks like the Yankees got one of there best starters back and going today.

Wang was just great for them and they really needed it.

Noy yo Fdart

That fecking bastard. what a fat arse; here's hoping manny slaps a line drive right into his temple later this month.

long long way to go in the season yet.

Barbara Charles

I am not really arsed about it. We will have a full line-up when Lester returns. Better the money should be spent on filling positions that really need beefing up. Roger is a a fat overpriced whore. Let him consort with the rest of the buggers in The Toilet.

Noy yo Fdart

So had he signed with Boston, why do I get the feeling you'd feel slightly different?

His agent was in negotiations with Boston management prior to NYY's offer.
Clemens is just about the fattest, smelliest, anti-hero that the city of Boston has ever had to deal with. I grudgingly applauded him when we thought he was going to retire three/four years ago, but believe me: I am not even close to burying the hatchet with the dollar-signed-pupiled, K-kid toting feck. He's almost 45, he's approacing obesity, he's had groin problems, he has a hard-on for Pettitte, etc etc etc.

I feel quite good about Red Sox pitching to not feel bad about this. Our bullpen is far far more solid than the Yankees. I feel pretty good about our five starters, and Lester may or may not help that. There's miles to go yet, but I am looking forward to the whole shebang. feck the Yankees.

Barbara Charles

So had he signed with Boston, why do I get the feeling you'd feel slightly different?

His agent was in negotiations with Boston management prior to NYY's offer.
I was never one of the ones who wanted the Rocket back in Boston, and we had a lot of discussion on this in the Sox forum I am a member of. If it had been a few years ago, yes. But his age, weight and potential physical problems go against him at this point, especially for the kind of money involved. Boston offered him $18 million, a reasonable offer considering, the Yankees $28. Silly money. But the MFYs are run along the lines of Chelski. George has a deep pocket and will cough up the money if he really wants a player. Boston is a wealthy team, but the Yankees are richer. I am of the opinion that the $28 million will not be giving them value for dollar at the end of the day.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Rocket is fat? Last I noticed he's a very well trimmed 225lbs of muscle. Not much fat that I've noticed. Furthermore, even if you say he's fat, when he puts up these kinds of numbers past the age of 40 what matters?

Since 2004:
18-4, 2.98, 218 k (33 starts)
13-8, 1.87, 185 k (32 starts)
7-6, 2.30, 102 k (19 starts)

Do remember that Houston struggled offensively over the past two seasons so with that Yankees lineup, even if Clemens loses his form, he should get many more wins. I highly doubt Clemens will endure a 2005 lack of run support.

Wikipedia:
Clemens's 2005 season ended as one of the finest he had ever posted. His 1.87 ERA was the lowest in the major leagues, the lowest of his 22-season career, and the lowest by any National Leaguer since pitching great and contemporary rival Greg Maddux in 1995. He finished with a 13-8 record despite ranking near 30th in run support, with the Astros scoring an average of only about 3.5 runs per game in games in which he was the pitcher of record. The Astros were shut out nine times in Clemens's 32 starts, and failed to score in a tenth until after Clemens was out of the game. The Astros lost five Clemens starts by scores of 1-0, including three consecutively in April.

Noy yo Fdart

Rocket is fat? Last I noticed he's a very well trimmed 225lbs of muscle. Not much fat that I've noticed. Furthermore, even if you say he's fat, when he puts up these kinds of numbers past the age of 40 what matters?

Since 2004:
18-4, 2.98, 218 k (33 starts)
13-8, 1.87, 185 k (32 starts)
7-6, 2.30, 102 k (19 starts)

Do remember that Houston struggled offensively over the past two seasons so with that Yankees lineup, even if Clemens loses his form, he should get many more wins. I highly doubt Clemens will endure a 2005 lack of run support.

Wikipedia:
Clemens's 2005 season ended as one of the finest he had ever posted. His 1.87 ERA was the lowest in the major leagues, the lowest of his 22-season career, and the lowest by any National Leaguer since pitching great and contemporary rival Greg Maddux in 1995. He finished with a 13-8 record despite ranking near 30th in run support, with the Astros scoring an average of only about 3.5 runs per game in games in which he was the pitcher of record. The Astros were shut out nine times in Clemens's 32 starts, and failed to score in a tenth until after Clemens was out of the game. The Astros lost five Clemens starts by scores of 1-0, including three consecutively in April.
He's won seven Cy Youngs, I'm not disputing how good he is. I'm just insulting him because his character is just about the worst I've ever seen in all of sport. I don't not want him because he's not good enough, I don't want him because he's a fecking bitch. And Rivera blew another game last night. Good one.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Bitter Boston Fans. You gotta love them.
Noy since you hate Clemens because of his attitude what do u think of your beloved Pats signing Saint Randy Moss?

Tabata

I am not really arsed about it. We will have a full line-up when Lester returns. Better the money should be spent on filling positions that really need beefing up. Roger is a a fat overpriced whore. Let him consort with the rest of the buggers in The Toilet.

Bitter are we?

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
Yes.... unfortunately they've lost 7 in a row.... :(

Noy since you hate Clemens because of his attitude what do u think of your beloved Pats signing Saint Randy Moss?
Being from the same school as Moss and meeting him on a few occasions, him going to the Pats sucks for Buffalo Bills' fans like me.... :annoyed:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yes.... unfortunately they've lost 7 in a row.... :(

Being from the same school as Moss and meeting him on a few occasions, him going to the Pats sucks for Buffalo Bills' fans like me.... :annoyed:
Don't worry maybe he'll go missing like he did in Oakland. Thanks for Clements by the way, the 49ers are on the up this year. I can feel it. Being a bills fan must hurt.

Noy yo Fdart

oh right, we're really feckin bitter. I'm so bitter about three super bowl championships and one world series this decade. how tragic...

Randy Moss, gangsta or no, has not reached the 'legendary grandpa' status that Clemens requires. Do any of you seriously think any player deserves the treatment rocket is getting? He goes to games when he feels like it. He shows up at his every whim. He doesn't give a shit about the team. He's his own media circus. He's a cock.

And it's not necessarily about Clemens' current attitude. It's how he treated the Red Sox in the last few years before he left. We were all ready to elevate him to Bird status. Then he didn't show up in the playoffs, didn't show up in his last few seasons, and then suddenly pitched well again with more money for other teams. There's no correlation to Moss here.

also, I don't understand why you yankee fans are lording it over us right now. You do realize the Sox have the best record in the AL right now? You're just as bad as the Liverpool fans.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
oh right, we're really feckin bitter. I'm so bitter about three super bowl championships and one world series this decade. how tragic...

Randy Moss, gangsta or no, has not reached the 'legendary grandpa' status that Clemens requires. Do any of you seriously think any player deserves the treatment rocket is getting? He goes to games when he feels like it. He shows up at his every whim. He doesn't give a shit about the team. He's his own media circus. He's a cock.

And it's not necessarily about Clemens' current attitude. It's how he treated the Red Sox in the last few years before he left. We were all ready to elevate him to Bird status. Then he didn't show up in the playoffs, didn't show up in his last few seasons, and then suddenly pitched well again with more money for other teams. There's no correlation to Moss here.

also, I don't understand why you yankee fans are lording it over us right now. You do realize the Sox have the best record in the AL right now? You're just as bad as the Liverpool fans.
:lol: :lol: You must mean one world series this in the last 100 years. How many world series have the yankees won in the past Decade.
Randy moss has never gone missing in games??
He hasn't only played when he felt like it??
The season is early and when it comes to the playoffs we all know the yankees will be there.

Noy yo Fdart

:lol: :lol: You must mean one world series this in the last 100 years. How many world series have the yankees won in the past Decade.
Randy moss has never gone missing in games??
He hasn't only played when he felt like it??
The season is early and when it comes to the playoffs we all know the yankees will be there.
okay and liverpool won a buncha trophies in the 80s. you're a hypocrite. sorry you haven't been able to buy your way into any more world series for the past six years or so. unforgivable huh...

I imagine you're a jets or giants fan too, so you're not even allowed to talk to me about football. and there's a difference between not throwing hissy fits and not running out every play than refusing to travel with the team and enjoying extra bonuses that alienate you from your players. when brady and moss are connecting for multiple tds next season then we'll see who's acting smug.

and congratulations, you've reached .500! go yankees! how pathetic, the red sox are only 22-10. gosh.

MrMarcello

okay and liverpool won a buncha trophies in the 80s. you're a hypocrite. sorry you haven't been able to buy your way into any more world series for the past six years or so. unforgivable huh... Haven't the BoSox been doing the same thing? Annually, they have the second or third highest payroll.

I imagine you're a jets or giants fan too, so you're not even allowed to talk to me about football. and there's a difference between not throwing hissy fits and not running out every play than refusing to travel with the team and enjoying extra bonuses that alienate you from your players. when brady and moss are connecting for multiple tds next season then we'll see who's acting smug.

and congratulations, you've reached .500! go yankees! how pathetic, the red sox are only 22-10. gosh.
Be careful on that last statement... seem to recall the Yanks started off really bad a couple years back (like 9-18 or somewhat) and still managed to win like 100 games or so.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
okay and liverpool won a buncha trophies in the 80s. you're a hypocrite. sorry you haven't been able to buy your way into any more world series for the past six years or so. unforgivable huh...

Boston is a perennial underachiever. You guys had one fluke year and that was it. i know it must hurt. But its okay when the next 86 years passes by without another world series at least your grand kids can still talk about that one time long ago.

Actually I am a 49ers fan. And Moss is a cnut end of. We'll see how Moss turns out when the season ends but I guarantee you the pats will not win the superbowl.And I made a lot of money betting on the colts last year even when you were slagging them off.

We will make the playoffs. Our Rotation is not even close to a 100% right now. Once we get our pitchers back in shape and in a good groove we will be fine.

Noy yo Fdart

Be careful on that last statement... seem to recall the Yanks started off really bad a couple years back (like 9-18 or somewhat) and still managed to win like 100 games or so.
yes I know; the money issue isn't really a good argument anymore considering what henry/epstein etc are dropping, but you're still the #1 spender and arguably with the players you have you should have won about three championships in the past five years or so.

and yes I'm very aware of the yankees' superhuman ability to always end up in first place in the AL east, and I'm in no way ruling them out; I won't be even close to surprised to see them have a great regular season. but I might as well enjoy the 5 or so games distance between us for right now.

Noy yo Fdart

We will make the playoffs. Our Rotation is not even close to a 100% right now. Once we get our pitchers back in shape and in a good groove we will be fine.
right, a fluke. blowing the worst lead in playoff history was indeed a fluke.
accept that we embarassed you and move on. sorry.
plenty of teams have solid rotations. even getting yours back at a hundred percent doesn't mean a lot; I can't see the old age holding up well over the whole year. and your bulllpen is still horrendous.

where are you even from? I hope you've at least been to the Bronx. sorry you're a niners fan, you must have started on their bandwagon back in the montana and young eras. don't forget about the rest of the players we've bought this year; we looked pretty feckin good without moss.

I do recall having this peyton/brady debate with you last year, maybe. do you enjoy slagging off boston for the hell of it? it's a little much. see you in 86 years I guess, when we win another series and I can come back to gloat. :rolleyes:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
It was a fluke. It is probably going to be the only ever time a team comes back to win from a 0-3 deficit. Yes you guys played well but luck played a huge part in it. Very similar to the liverpool milan game. Shit happens.

Boston fans have always been jealous of the yankees. You lot are massive underachievers. One world series in 86 years says it all really.

Yes I have been to the Yankee stadium and candlestick and staples center and old trafford. Not that it matters where i am from anyways since we are both not british yet we support united.

The pats are a good team. A great team even but they are pretty underwhelming. Very chelsea like. I highlydoubt Moss will succeed in NE. I guess time will tell.

Yes we did have the Peyton/Brady debate and I guess with the colts winning the superbowl I have been vindicated.

Anyways football season is still a longway off and the 49ers are on the road to number 6 so watch out.

Concerning the sox, its early days yet and we all know every season boston manages to feck it up.

Noy yo Fdart

I'm tired of arguing. bye.

EDIT: yankees lost 14-2 and the sox are currently up 7-0. just to let you know.

Tabata

I'm tired of arguing. bye.

EDIT: yankees lost 14-2 and the sox are currently up 7-0. just to let you know.
So? It's only one day. This is Baseball. Allways tomorrow.

MrMarcello

yes I know; the money issue isn't really a good argument anymore considering what henry/epstein etc are dropping, but you're still the #1 spender and arguably with the players you have you should have won about three championships in the past five years or so.

and yes I'm very aware of the yankees' superhuman ability to always end up in first place in the AL east, and I'm in no way ruling them out; I won't be even close to surprised to see them have a great regular season. but I might as well enjoy the 5 or so games distance between us for right now.
You're? I'm not a Yankees fan, though I do follow them. They are Manchester United like. Biggest club in their sport.