Yankees

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
I highlydoubt Moss will succeed in NE. I guess time will tell.
The one thing about Randy is that he needs to be motivated and have a belief that the team can win, otherwise the whole "taking a play off because the play isn't designed for him" stuff tends to rear its ugly head. Motivation and a belief that the team can win won't be a problem.

I think he is going to have an All-Pro season... but I'm a little biased being a Marshall Alum and all.... :)

Tabata

Likes threads entitled 'Torres Signs' & welches on
Bump, Yankees how 8 and a half games back now.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yankees having losing two series in a row now. I must say with pitching like this it will be hard to win the world series. Still at least all the apocalyptic predictions the media was dishing out has been silenced for now.

FresnoBob

Clemens came out of the bullpen....WTF???
Got a bit of work in and took pressure off of the rest of the staff. All in all, it was a great day at the park (currently called AT&T) but a lousy game. Wil Nieves has not arm, no glove, and no bat. His throws to second were pitiful and he couldn't block the plate while fielding a throw from right. Jeter might wow the teenage girls, but what I saw was a guy who didn't even move on a routine grounder ("single to left-center") and bungled what would have been an inning ending double play before the Giants scored 3 in the 8th to bury the Yanks.
It's painful to see Melky (!) Cabrera wandering lost in center field, where Earle Coombs, Dimaggio, Mantle, and even Bernie Williams played.
No Damon, Posada, or Abreau in the starting lineup and Cairo starting at first? I can't believe I parted with a couple of hundred dollars (and a 300+ mile round trip--car portion only) to see that travesty.

Noy yo Fdart

I feel like the Yanks had their hot streak and are still ten plus back.

Also the Red Sox just got through the hardest part of the schedule all year. We haven't hardly played any other AL East teams except the Yankees, so there's a lot of Baltimore-Tampa to beat up on. I was mildly worried a few weeks ago when NY cut the lead in half so quickly, but at this point I feel good. Our hitting has been sub par, but both Crisp and Drew are starting to heat up. And our starters (excepting Wakefield, who will probably have another typically erratic good spell) have been fantastic, including Tavarez, previously seen as the weakest link. Matsuzaka hasn't been lights out but still has nine wins. Schill is hard to gauge but I trust him when the big game is on. Beckett is Cy Young material after outpitching Peavy yesterday.
Manny is back to his usual self after a below-average first two months. Things are looking good.... also a Buehrle trade on the horizon??? I've seen multiple articles promoting this idea... apparently Red Sox officials were in Chicago over the weekend and many have claimed we are the front runners to grab him. If we got him, our starters would be unbeatable over a playoff series.

Noy yo Fdart

Boston 53 31 .631 -
Toronto 41 43 .488 12
NY Yankees 40 42 .488 12
Baltimore 37 47 .440 16
Tampa Bay 33 51 .393 20

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
you think they have a shot at the playoffs?

red sox had the same record last year at the all-star break and ended up in third place. anything could happen...
Anything could and I'm still hoping for a huge Boston style collapse so we can take the division but more realistically it'll probably be the wild cardberth. I have to say though if we make it into the play-offs i really fancy us for the series, more than the past couple of years I fell this team could do it.

Noy yo Fdart

Anything could and I'm still hoping for a huge Boston style collapse so we can take the division but more realistically it'll probably be the wild cardberth. I have to say though if we make it into the play-offs i really fancy us for the series, more than the past couple of years I fell this team could do it.
I don't want to jinx anything, but it would be amazing if the Yanks made it into October this year.
I don't foresee a Boston breakdown, simply because we have too many hitters on our team who weren't hitting well in the first half (Ortiz, Ramirez... Lugo and Drew will both pick up, I hope) who won't be as poor second half. Our pitching has continued to be solid and will remain so. It's the hitting that gave Boston a subpar June. I just can't see Manny and Ortiz not pushing up the power numbers. There's no way that a lineup like this can be carried by Lowell, Youkilis and Pedroia all year long. We'll see what happens at the trading deadline too.

Most pundits are writing the Yankees off. It's not an impossible gap, but for me the wild card is even harder to attain than the East. I think it's more plausible to predict the Red Sox bombing the last half and losing the division than it is to see the Yankees overtaking all the wild card contenders, which are numerous in the AL this year: Cleveland and Detroit will be back and forth all the time, Mariners and Angels could do the same, there could be another sneaker in there too. I'm not gonna feel safe yet but it would be an incredible feat to come back.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I'm praying for an Indians collapse so we can edge in front of them. Its either that or hope Boston fecks up.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
9 games now Noy.
Also Ichiro is injjured for the Mariners so hopefully they drop some games.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Still have no idea why Boston management felt Drew was worth that much money. He's clearly not a great hitter and therefore not worth it. He's also like Saha - injured too much.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Huge series for the Yanks now that we take on a dicision rival in Toronto. They just tied a series with the Soxand are stillsmarting over that Rodriguez shout. Kei Igawa will win us the opening gamehopefully. Also with boston facing the shitty royals its crucial we don't fall further. behind.

Rooney1987

I hope the Yanks don't give A-rod 30mil as good as he is thats too much. How much money does he need but if he does opt out and he won't go for anything under 30mil I think the yanks should go after miguel cabrera he is out of contact and would wants half of what A-rod wants.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I hope the Yanks don't give A-rod 30mil as good as he is thats too much. How much money does he need but if he does opt out and he won't go for anything under 30mil I think the yanks should go after miguel cabrera he is out of contact and would wants half of what A-rod wants.
I say give the man what he wants. It would be a huge mistake to let him go.

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
Huge series for the Yanks now that we take on a dicision rival in Toronto. They just tied a series with the Soxand are stillsmarting over that Rodriguez shout. Kei Igawa will win us the opening gamehopefully. Also with boston facing the shitty royals its crucial we don't fall further. behind.
Jays will sweep...:p... unless A-Rod starts to cheat again.... :D

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
:lol: time will tell but if they do sweep us at home its bye bye playoffs for the Yankees

Rooney1987

I say give the man what he wants. It would be a huge mistake to let him go.

The way the fans treated him last year booing him and the way the new york media treated this year is unfair so if he does opt out I would not blame him. Saying that I really don't want him to leave he is noby far the best baseball player in MLB.

With the trade deadline coming who would you trade.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The way the fans treated him last year booing him and the way the new york media treated this year is unfair so if he does opt out I would not blame him. Saying that I really don't want him to leave he is noby far the best baseball player in MLB.

With the trade deadline coming who would you trade.
New york fans and media are notoriously fickle. I trulyhope he doesn't opt out and I don't think he will. Farnsworth is definitely the guy most Yankees fans want gone.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
If Mark Cuban buys the Cubs, ARod will end up in Chicago. His insanity level is right up there for ARod and his agent to con for $30m per year. No pro athlete is worth that kind of dosh.

Rooney1987

If Mark Cuban buys the Cubs, ARod will end up in Chicago. His insanity level is right up there for ARod and his agent to con for $30m per year. No pro athlete is worth that kind of dosh.

Don't forget Cubs coach Lou Piniella he helped A-Rod at Seattle

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The Jays pitching staff is really awful past Halliday and with Ryan out for the season there is absolutely nothing in the pen....
They have left so many runners stranded on base its unreal. 25 in the last two games i think. I was worried we might drop back seing as Boston were playing the Royals but they managed to lose that series so its great.

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
The Jays pitching staff is really awful past Halliday and with Ryan out for the season there is absolutely nothing in the pen....
The jays are a fecking unlucky bunch, burnett out for while, gluas out for a while, reed johnson, and bj ryan for year, the injuries just keep piling on. Honestly, if it wasn't for injuries jays would actually have something to say, not much but at least, this season.

Noy yo Fdart

Yankees will make the playoffs, but it will be via the wild card without a doubt. No matter how much I enjoyed their shitty first half, it was mostly poor luck and injuries. They WILL make up games, but they won't catch Boston. Cleveland's gonna tank soon. It'll be Boston Yanks Detroit Angels. NL is Cubs Mets Dodgers Padres.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yeah our chance are looking better but I won't take anything for granted just yet. Boston are on a good run at the moment, hope they feck up soon.

Also Noy join the fantasy football thing by Diego Forlan headband.

Tabata

Looks like the Yankees are trying to get Gagne, and feck off Farnsworth.

Tabata

A bit under 8 hours to go till the deadline...

I'm 99.9% sure the Yanks are moving Farnsworth, but what about Proctor?

Are the Yankees going to go all out and get Gagne?

And are the Sox going to land Dye?