YaYa to leave City?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Let's be a little sensitive about this. They appear to be a tightly knit family and it'll be genuinely shit if he's using his brother's death to engineer a move away from City. I don't know if he knew that his brother would end up dead and it's probably the guilt that's making him talk like this. He even blames himself in the interview. It's all good taking the piss out of his cake celebration, but I'm going to believe Yaya.

RIP, Yaya's little brother.
I agree.

In an interview with France Football, Touré said: “I confess that I am still very sad. I’m suffering because I feel I have done nothing useful for him the last few weeks.

“At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast, except that City did not want to give me a few days.

“I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was in his sickbed. By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside. After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not leading them to respect me.

“However, club officials knew that I had been suffering for a few months seeing the health of my brother decline. This is the reason I had several injuries at the end of the season, because my head had taken control of my body. These last four months have probably been the hardest in my life.”

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Yeah Damien, City pay the most money and it's hard to blame him for 'chasing a paycheck' by leaving City. Either way, his brother is dead. I don't even have a brother and it sounds like a massive deal to me.

JackXX

City don't strike me as a club that wouldn't allow one of their players a bit of time off. In fact there's evidence that show they are happy to. Yaya needs to stop blaming City for everything, making himself look like a massive dickhead along the way, and hand in a transfer request if he wants to leave so much. I have enjoyed watching him in the Premier league but his actions in the last couple of months is everything what's wrong with modern footballers. If he was so worried about his brother he wouldn't have gone to Abu Dhabi or wherever they went and he wouldn't have gone to the World Cup. Why isn't he blaming the Ivory Coast and the World Cup for not seeing his brother? Call me cynical but probably because there is no money to be made out of it.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
As if he couldn't just tell them to do one and go. They can't physically stop him.

CurryCantona

City are and will always be a small time club. Disgusting behavior if what Yaya says is true. City XI is overly dependant on Yaya and Agüero. They won't do anything without Yaya.

Mindhunter

How much ever I hate City, I can't deny the fact that they handled the Tevez episode in a very sensitive way. They went out of their way to accommodate his eccentricities where as they were well within their rights to sue him for breach of contract.

Also, Yaya has started this tirade against City since the birthday cake episode. I wonder what his problem is that he has started throwing his toys out of the pram. He plays for a very rich and successful club and is payed a huge sum in wages but still seems to be dissatisfied.

SoCross

As if he couldn't just tell them to do one and go. They can't physically stop him.
Exactly. This is the guilt talking now and as much as I sympathise with the Toure family for their loss, apportioning blame to City for him not being able to go spend some time with his brother is pure nonsense. He could have gone if he really wanted to.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I'm of a mind to add another comment to the effect of "grieving man says silly things due to grief".

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
City are and will always be a small time club. Disgusting behavior if what Yaya says is true. City XI is overly dependant on Yaya and Agüero. They won't do anything without Yaya.
Aguero just missed half a season and we are the champions.

If you take Kompany and Silva out too then we are struggling yes - just our 4 best players though, any more would be silly.

Edit: As for Yaya and his latest comments, tell his agent he has 2 weeks to find a buyer for £20m or he's at City next season.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
City have a decent record of responding very sympathetically when players have stuff going on off the pitch. Toure seems to be campaigning pretty strongly for Lying Mercenary Footballing cnut of the Year here. Obv didn't factor in the Suarez circus.

If this was United I'd want him binned off rapidly. He's done a great job for City but they clearly don't need this nonsense going on.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
My interpretation of what Toure said is that City knew his brother's condition a bit at least. However Toure doesn't say that he asked City to leave for a few days and they declined. Maybe they didn't offer it themselves, but surely Toure could have asked? I don't believe for a second City would be against giving him the days off.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I have a hard time believing that City didn't give him 5 days to be with his dying brother. He's using a very unfortunate event to either get a move or a pay rise which is wrong on many levels.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So you think it's more likely that he would use the (very recent) death of his brother to get some more money than that City didn't give him a couple of days off in the middle of the title race?

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
So you think it's more likely that he would use the (very recent) death of his brother to get some more money than that City didn't give him a couple of days off in the middle of the title race?
It was after the season.

“At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast, except that City did not want to give me a few days."

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Okay sorry, that makes it less likely. However I still find it hard to believe that someone would use the death of his brother to get a bit more money when he's already one of the best paid footballers in the world.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I don't think anything is beyond agents these days. It wouldn't surprise me if the agent was using this to help Toure engineer a move. He would be the only one who would really profit out of a move. Toure wouldnt likely get paid more than he is getting paid anywhere else

Bearded but no genius

I have a hard time believing that City didn't give him 5 days to be with his dying brother. He's using a very unfortunate event to either get a move or a pay rise which is wrong on many levels.
I'd suggest it shows that his head is just not in the right place, possibly because of his brother's illness and subsequent death.

Losing a sibling can do strange things to people. He should get a huge benefit of the doubt here, and equally so should City as I doubt they are the kind of club that really would have kept him from seeing his brother.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I'd suggest it shows that his head is just not in the right place, possibly because of his brother's illness and subsequent death.

Losing a sibling can do strange things to people. He should get a huge benefit of the doubt here, and equally so should City as I doubt they are the kind of club that really would have kept him from seeing his brother.
Aye, didn't look at it from that perspective. It's just that the modern day footballer mentality that makes me sceptical about his intentions in this case. But as you mentioned, considering the circumstances, he should be given a benefit of the doubt. Still very strange situation and I don't think City would deny him the opportunity to be with his brother, especially to attend the title celebrations.

Bwuk

I think the signing of Fernando means Yaya's away. Fernando will take the deeper role that Fernandinho played, and Fernandinho will push slightly further forward.

Oneunited26

So they go from forgetting his birthday, for not letting him have time off to grief for his brother. Maybe that was the case, but to make a big deal about forgetting his bday, and change the story to not letting him go on leave is a bit iffy in my view

Scholes.92

I really can't see why City would say no and even if they did yaya would just tell him to do one and go visit his brother. He's Yaya Toure, one of the best Midfielders in the world, won everything there is to win, could walk into most teams. I'd believe him more if he was some 18 year old trying to make his way into the game and was scared of pissing City off and them sacking him and him ending up with no club. Worst thing that happens is City get a bit pissed off and then forget about it.

They let someone go play golf for 3 months and let him back, sure they'd easily forgive someone for spending a month with there dying brother.

either way I can't see any going back from here whoevers wrong, If yayas telling the truth I could never play for City again in his position. If he's lying then I wouldn't want someone whos accused my club of acting like that playing for my team

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Was there any reported interest in Fabregas from City? With all this going on, and even at the time the whole "cake" thing not being really resolved, it seems strange that City wouldn't go all out to get a player the standard of Fabregas in so they could afford dropping Yaya and telling him to do one. It would have killed two birds with one stone as well considering their paucity of homegrown players. Fernando could hardly come in and be that replacement.

Considering City have a history of giving players time off for various reasons, I can't imagine they would have refused Yaya if he'd asked them. As crazy as it is, I can only see this as a further power play, which is pretty sickening if that is the case.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I think the signing of Fernando means Yaya's away. Fernando will take the deeper role that Fernandinho played, and Fernandinho will push slightly further forward.
Fernando's signing was in place prior to Toure's comments.

RedRover

They tried to sign him in January, so I cant see that the two are linked.

RedRover

I really can't see why City would say no and even if they did yaya would just tell him to do one and go visit his brother. He's Yaya Toure, one of the best Midfielders in the world, won everything there is to win, could walk into most teams. I'd believe him more if he was some 18 year old trying to make his way into the game and was scared of pissing City off and them sacking him and him ending up with no club. Worst thing that happens is City get a bit pissed off and then forget about it.

They let someone go play golf for 3 months and let him back, sure they'd easily forgive someone for spending a month with there dying brother.

either way I can't see any going back from here whoevers wrong, If yayas telling the truth I could never play for City again in his position. If he's lying then I wouldn't want someone whos accused my club of acting like that playing for my team
I tend to agree. Obviously if he's telling the truth then thats despicable from the club - likewise if he isnt, not a nice way for him to go on. The simple fact that he's at the World Cup is what makes me doubt what he's saying. Surely if he wanted the time off that badly he woudlnt be there either, especially given that his brother was clearly terminal.

Either way, its all very sad.

Scholes.92

I tend to agree. Obviously if he's telling the truth then thats despicable from the club - likewise if he isnt, not a nice way for him to go on. The simple fact that he's at the World Cup is what makes me doubt what he's saying. Surely if he wanted the time off that badly he woudlnt be there either, especially given that his brother was clearly terminal.

Either way, its all very sad.
but surely if he's going to agree with City saying he needs to go the title celebrations then he would also go to represent his country is what is possibly his last world cup. For me he'd miss either both of non.

Which would you rather miss if you had a choice, title celebrations or the world cup. I know which one i'd go for.

RedRover

but surely if he's going to agree with City saying he needs to go the title celebrations then he would also go to represent his country is what is possibly his last world cup. For me he'd miss either both of non.

Which would you rather miss if you had a choice, title celebrations or the world cup. I know which one i'd go for.
I'm not sure what your point is?

If City wouldn't let him be with his sick brother, you would assume that as soon as the season was over, and City let him away to do what he wanted then that's where he would be - rather than go to the World Cup - especially since his brother was obviously terminal and deteriorating.

If he was desperate to be with him three months ago, why not recently when things had obviously gotten much worse?

Seems very odd.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
I disagree, I think the club have a midfield 3 of Fernando + Fernandinho + Yaya in mind to combat some of our poor away displays in the league and for a more suitable midfield in Europe. If Yaya leaves I'd expect to see another midfielder come in on top of Fernando.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Fernando's signing isn't really related to Yaya IMO. They looked set to sign him since February. If I was City though I would find it difficult to keep Yaya given how he has tried to tarnish the club's reputation.

Sparky Rhiwabon

No, Fernando will be no more than a squad player. If Yaya is going they will sign someone like Vidal or Pogba.

Scholes.92

I'm not sure what your point is?

If City wouldn't let him be with his sick brother, you would assume that as soon as the season was over, and City let him away to do what he wanted then that's where he would be - rather than go to the World Cup - especially since his brother was obviously terminal and deteriorating.

If he was desperate to be with him three months ago, why not recently when things had obviously gotten much worse?

Seems very odd.
My point is that surely is urge to go see his dying brother couldn't have been that massive if he was to just let City tell him what to do. If the urge was that massive he would have just gone regardless of what City said. Maybe he felt the World Cup was his duty as one of the country's main players, maybe he wanted to play it to for his brother. Title celebrations are just title celebrations at the end of the day, yeah it's brilliant but he's done it before and will be hopeful of doing it again. Maybe he felt he needed to play in the WC not to let down team mates, or maybe his brother told him he'd rather him play, that's my main points really, that's why I don't think the WC has any affect on it, having said that I do see your point aswell

alibaba

Somewhere on earth but I can't figure where I am
It was after the season.

“At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast, except that City did not want to give me a few days."
This is really strange... "It was after the season" why would City not allow him to go, he was going away to the world cup with Ivory Coast, anyway.

Something is really not right. Either some idiots at City thought that they are going to defend the title immediately or he is really pissed off with City..

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
No, Fernando will be no more than a squad player. If Yaya is going they will sign someone like Vidal or Pogba.
Indeed. Fernando is a completely different player, he will be used when it's necessary to keep things tight at the back and protect the defence. Toure isn't that sort of player at all, he's an offensive midfielder.

RedRover

This is really strange... "It was after the season" why would City not allow him to go, he was going away to the world cup with Ivory Coast, anyway.

Something is really not right. Either some idiots at City thought that they are going to defend the title immediately or he is really pissed off with City..
He clearly has an agenda to move on - hence the "Brithday" rubbish. If this was the case, and they wouldnt let him be with his brother, why cry about them missing your birthday?

The fact that he clearly wants away casts doubt on his story. I see no reason why a club would prevent him being with his brother.

Cina

Football
Posted at12:05

Yaya Toure says he is staying at Manchester City. The 31-year-old threw his future at the Premier League champions into doubt by backing up his agent's claims that the club's wealthy owners showed him a lack of respect on his 31st birthday.

But the Ivory Coast midfielder tells Sky Sports News: "I'm staying and I'm very happy. There's been lots of speculation and people were sending me away. The team is preparing well and we will try and do it again next season."
So basically nobody was willing to pay the mental transfer fee and wages for a 31 year old player, and he's done a U-Turn.