Yaya Touré: "I want to destroy the Pep myth" (France Football interview)

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Maybe, but he signed Mendy, Coleman and Keita. And Yaya is known for being overly sensitive.

That said, means nothing who he's signed or how sensitive Yaya is. Be an interesting read.

ClosetDevil

I'm more interested to see what people's reactions are going to be.

How many are goinf to resort to belittling his claims for an entire multitude of reasons (sore loser, etc.) instead of actually taking his claims seriously?

It's friggin 2018, there is NO PLACE for racism.

el3mel

Another player that slaughter Pep in the media after the likes of Zlatan, Eto'o ..etc. Interesting.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Is it actual racism being called out or that he didn't get him a birthday cake.

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

How many are goinf to resort to belittling his claims for an entire multitude of reasons (sore loser, etc.) instead of actually taking his claims seriously?

Well that depends on what he says. Seems like you have ready given creditility to his claims. Let's not forget Yaya has got history of being bellend when it comes to not getting his own way.

ClosetDevil

Amazing seeing peoples' responses to his claim.

Now think about why you suppose it's easier for people to sweep it under the rug and make a joke out of it rather than take something like this seriously.

People have short memories and forget that racism was one of the central themes of the precious world wars.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Depends on what his claims are and their merits.

prateik

Toure is a prick. Unless he has actual stuff to back his claim up, its best to ignore idiots like him.

Charlie Foley

Probably best to keep opinions to ourselves on the merits of this statement until we read the interview at least.

SBD

What's the point of going to media about this matter? It will just pain Toure as a bitter and spineless individual. Really reminds me of the political shit storm in my country where the cronies only dare to speak up against the leaders of the previously ruling party after they lost power.

I don't think he will be taken seriously.

amolbhatia50k

Amazing seeing peoples' responses to his claim.

Now think about why you suppose it's easier for people to sweep it under the rug and make a joke out of it rather than take something like this seriously.

People have short memories and forget that racism was one of the central themes of the precious world wars.
Not much 'amazing' about. People just tend to not take Yaya very seriously because he's a bit of an oddball. Let's see what he has to say though. There's obviously no place for racism anywhere and in any form.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
:lol: Toure is such a tool, as well as his agent

amolbhatia50k

What's the point of going to media about this matter? It will just pain Toure as a bitter and spineless individual. Really reminds me of the political shit storm in my country where the cronies only dare to speak up against the leaders of the previously ruling party after they lost power.

I don't think he will be taken seriously.
If he has a case then it's very good that he's going to the media.

The Firestarter

Doesn't like African players or doesn't like him in particular ? Seems like the usual bullshit from Yaya.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
People would take his claims more seriously if he wouldn't at the same time suggest that his stats were better than others' and he deserved to play. Let's be honest now Yaya, you were just a bit shite already.

Aloysius's Back 3

Zlatan, Toure & to some extent Etoo all have one thing in common - they are better playing football to their own individual abilities compared to playing football in the team.

That's why they love Jose & don't get around Pep. Yaya under Jose would have been some player.

Last edited by a moderator:

1Manchester

Supports
Manchester City
I can understand why the 2 did not get into each, but of the reasons behind it he is being foolish to suggest that racism was part of that. Otherwise he would have not signed up Walker, Mendy, Danilo, Sane and Jesus nor would have kept both Sterling and Kompany.

Reguardless of Toure's views on him (who I still consider to be a legend at my club), Pep (while at Barcelona) was highly foolish to not only flog off Eto'o, but then end up falling out with Zlatan (who he got in exchange) as well the season after.

MrPooni

I'm not usually one to underplay potential racism but I think it's more likely that Pep has an anti-Yaya Toure stance than an anti-African one and I don't blame him. Yaya is a tool of the highest order.

MuranoLover

Everything that can shake Pep's confidence and make City lose power is good

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Eto insinuated something similar

Kapardin

The race card. Pathetic from Toure.

Look, the same happened with Zlatan at Barca and at City, likes of Joe Hart felt it. If Pep feels he doesn't need a player, he is probably very cold towards that player and doesn't take notice of him. Different managers have their own quirks in dealing with unwanted players. Brendan Rodgers did the same with Balotelli as well.

Toure was past it and Pep saw that. Can't blame the manager one bit.