Yaya Toure: We put Manchester United in City's shadow - that's my greatest achievement.

Abdullah7

Shadows? Achieving? I feel bad for the lad as he has the brains of a 12 years old. Buying the league 'Sheikh Manssour style' then calling it an achievement. the number of your fanbase couldn't stand a chance against ours. You're having a good time with your Manssour but what will happen if he just got fed up and sold the whole thing? Citeh has nothing to stand on. Your price will be no way near The valuation of Manchester United. Yaya, get your birthday's cake but step aside as you seem to be a little bet thick.

Last edited:

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
This is a guy who everyone's forgotten exists lol. I've sure much oil money has put yaya in someones shadows. City are an after thought. They don't have the mentality. They don't have the character. To do much of anything but time will tell. It would be difficult for any small club to dominate when you can outbid most teams without having to earn anything

Dante

Average bang
We are in their shadow at the moment. Might as well admit it. The first stage of recovery, and all that...

But that recovery won't be too long in coming, I'm certain of it.

Peebie

Sitting behind Jose trying to work out his notes
He just wants another premier league team to give him a pay off, anyone but United. He is clutching at straws.

I love the whole we put them in the shadow line, Okay Yaya (hardly any minutes on the pitch) Surely it has nothing to do with billions of pounds of investment from the Arabs?
In the shadow? Please.... we are in transition, the usual way, new manager, sorting of players, promoting players, it takes a couple of seasons. How long did it take City? and how many players bought and sold?

I see your exemplary at promoting youth from your world class academy.

We are in the shade of no one and nothing, maybe a birthday cake.

United and our rivals are on the up, after this season the only way for your club is down. Watch this space

Fridge chutney

United and our rivals are on the up, after this season the only way for your club is down. Watch this
Our rivals being on the up is not a good thing. And other than Liverpool, it is debatable as to whether Arse, Spurs, Chelsea are on the up. They all regressed this year in terms of trophies and league position.

City's way is not only down. They could continue their upward trajectory by adding a real double next year or a CL. I don't think Pep is finished improving this team and I anticipate another summer of heavy investment.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's Hank Frickin' Marvin.

Green_Red

David Moyes: The Shadow Creep, aspiring to be as good as City since 2013

T A

Yeah yaya, just like our bastard whom you really hate put you in his shadow every time you met him. You're gonna fulfill your wish playing under the genius Moyes very soon mate, congrats with that, i'm sure Matic just cant wait to meet you again, lots of luv

padzilla

Hipster
Is this not a case of a journalist putting words in someone's mouth - he has has simply agreed with the statement. In his time they have won more trophies than United, Community Shields should not be counted by a club of our ilk, which given where City were before he joined is a hell of an achievement.

Raebareliwale

Supports
Manchester City
Come on, everybody knows that United is the most dominant club when it comes to finance, and the trophies you have won over the years are plenty.

I think Toure as well as anyone else who suggests that City have come out of the shadows of United are merely trying to imply that now City are competing with United toe to toe which was not the case earlier.

And off course it started with the first trophy after 35 years.

City have come a long way since then. Now we are arguably a more attractive destination for a lot of players than United. Before anyone starts bashing me, i said arguably.

Its not just about money anymore which was the case during the start of Sheikh's era.
In fact there was never a time when a United manager said that United should be more like City (Moyes although dont remember the exact quote) and Jose mentioning the recent heritage.

Any other interpretation is plain and simply wrong. City are nowhere near United when it comes to the trophies and everyone knows it.

Last edited by a moderator: