Yellow Vests UK Version

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
David Camron was the first prime minister were life expectancy actually went backwards, life literally can't get any worse for a huge portion of the country. Now does voting Brexit or blaming immigrants make life better, of course not but this is Britian, a former imperialist/colonial power which not to long ago destroyed it's only chance of radical positive change - the workers movement. So what do people expect to happened when shit hits the fan.

And if your answers to the problems we are facing is to say well life isn't all that bad and thing could certainly get worse then your about as useful as the chemtrails guy.
Have some feckin perspective. Do you have a roof over your head? Do you have income? How is your health? And aside from all that, relatively speaking their are countries that have things a whole lot worse.... When people say things couldn't get any worse it gets on my tits...

Bola

People that stand in front of public vehicles as protest should be consequently run over as a punishment for their stupidity.

You’re not tank man. You’re just a twat.
They my head in some of these protesters. I wouldn't mind if they dripped and moaned to themselves in a field somewhere, but they insist on disrupting others.

YouTube seems to be littered with 'antifa' blocking roads and stopping vehicles leaving parking lots, I remember the fuel issue of 2000 where haulers did a slow moving block down motorways and main roads, while those idiots from the UK version of BLM are disrupting access to a London airport in recent years

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
David Camron was the first prime minister were life expectancy actually went backwards, life literally can't get any worse for a huge portion of the country. Now does voting Brexit or blaming immigrants make life better, of course not but this is Britian, a former imperialist/colonial power which not to long ago destroyed it's only chance of radical positive change - the workers movement. So what do people expect to happened when shit hits the fan.

And if your answers to the problems we are facing is to say well life isn't all that bad and thing could certainly get worse then your about as useful as the chemtrails guy.
Except it could. If you have a home you could become homeless. If you have a job you could become jobless. If you're in good health you could become sick and struggle to cope financially. I mean it wouldn't even be that difficult for things to get much worse for a lot of people in the UK given it remains an extremely prosperous country.

But yeah, pointing out that what you've said is clearly wrong is useless. Whereas saying something that's clearly wrong is presumably helpful in some way?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's a pity they're not against excess exclamation marks.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Have some feckin perspective. Do you have a roof over your head? Do you have income? How is your health? And aside from all that, relatively speaking their are countries that have things a whole lot worse.... When people say things couldn't get any worse it gets on my tits...
Except it could. If you have a home you could become homeless. If you have a job you could become jobless. If you're in good health you could become sick and struggle to cope financially. I mean it wouldn't even be that difficult for things to get much worse for a lot of people in the UK given it remains an extremely prosperous country.

But yeah, pointing out that what you've said is clearly wrong is useless. Whereas saying something that's clearly wrong is presumably helpful in some way?
.4 million adults have used food banks

.At least 320,000 people are homeless in the UK

.4 million people are in work poverty

.4.5 million children in poverty

.UK productivity is 18% lower the OECD average.

.Infant mortality has had a significant rise in the UK

.UK is the most inequal country in Europe.

But yeah fair play lads, the UK is not Libya. I'm sure if you just tell poor people they should be happy to not be drone strikes at their kids birthday party then everything will go just fine, it's what the last few years has shown us anyway.

Last edited:

afrocentricity

But yeah fair play lads, the UK is Libya. I'm sure if you just tell poor people they should be happy to not be drone strikes at their kids birthday party then everything will go just fine, it's what the last few years has shown us anyway.
Feck are you on about?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I would suggest otherwise, the evidence is literally a few clicks away.

When you have high profile people in the media for instance claiming that eastern europeans dont undercut the minimum wage and dont take jobs from these "low intelligence jobless bums" when the evidence is there for all to see that there is a massive black market of Eastern europeans working cash in hand below the minimum wage on the land, in car washes, in restaurants, packing factories etc etc shows that they are either not the brightest bunch or just willfully misrepresenting the facts.
Like none of this bunch haven’t done cash in hand jobs abroad in Australia, Thailand, America, Spain etc

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'd love to have been in one of the preliminary meetings when they were drawing up their anti-eveything manifesto.
"What's next on the list? "
"Self service checkouts!...small Mars Bars!...the Jill Dando conspiracy!...Winter!"

Basically the 'little things that annoy you' thread but hosted in someone's garage.
Toberlerone bars getting smaller! Tins of Christmas biscuits looking like they have more than 1 layer! Roses and quality street tins much smaller! Bring back the 70s!

Ducklegs

Like none of this bunch haven’t done cash in hand jobs abroad in Australia, Thailand, America, Spain etc
If you are a barely literate 0 skills no qualifications member of society, you know ones directly effected by us importing eastern europeans to undercut the wages on jobs traditionaly done by these people WHAT WOULD BE THE CHANCES OF THAT?

feck all chance is the answer.

You know when the argument “but who would pick fruit and veg and work in packing plants if eastern europeans didnt do it”?
The answer is the same as it was before, those poor feckers who did it before but now cant because Piotr and his mate have it tied up with the illegal gang he is running paying his workers £2.50 an hour as opposed to minimum wage.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Is that what was going on in London yesterday outside Westminster about 2/3pm? I’m down here visiting my brother and they were all chanting about ‘our boys’ or something. Couldn’t find anything online at the time.

afrocentricity

Mate chill out a bit and read the post.
What was your point?
Are all of these in the yellow vest manifesto?
But yeah fair play lads, the UK is Libya. I'm sure if you just tell poor people they should be happy to not be drone strikes at their kids birthday party then everything will go just fine, it's what the last few years has shown us anyway.
I don't even know what this has to do with my post, or the thread we are in?

Last edited:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Toberlerone bars getting smaller! Tins of Christmas biscuits looking like they have more than 1 layer! Roses and quality street tins much smaller! Bring back the 70s!
:lol: You'd fit right in with those beauties. Maybe that's an idea, we could nominate a caf poster to infiltrate their meetings? Whoever has the most posts in the 'little things..." thread!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

What are you on about Libya and drone strikes for?

It's a fact that the UK is one of the world's most prosperous countries. It's also a fact that there are quite a lot of countries even within Europe who are worse off than the UK in terms of the statistics you mention. Which makes it a fact that things can easily get worse. Listing the things that are bad within the UK doesn't make any of that untrue.

The "things literally can't get worse" narrative is nonsense. You can make a point about the things that are wrong with the UK without resorting to spouting that nonsense. Perspective and accuracy isn't a bad thing.

afrocentricity

I get it @Sweet Square, I can now see that you took offence at my stating that things could always be worse and that relatively speaking it's not as bad here as other places.

What can I say, I can't see how donning yellow vests to disrupt traffic (whilst spouting dubious and often xenophobic rhetoric), or protest voting yourself out of the EU (using dubious and often xenophobic reasons) will fix those issues.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
I get it @Sweet Square, I can now see that you took offence at my stating that things could always be worse and that relatively speaking it's not as bad here as other places.

What can I say, I can't see how donning yellow vests to disrupt traffic (whilst spouting dubious and often xenophobic rhetoric), or protest voting yourself out of the EU (using dubious and often xenophobic reasons) will fix those issues.
Cheers. I completely agree with you non of this will fix the issues the UK faces and I doubt wither those arseholes care but its rather important to understand how the type of politics we see today gain momentum especially the far right, because those feckers are winning.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If you are a barely literate 0 skills no qualifications member of society, you know ones directly effected by us importing eastern europeans to undercut the wages on jobs traditionaly done by these people WHAT WOULD BE THE CHANCES OF THAT?

You know when the argument “but who would pick fruit and veg and work in packing plants if eastern europeans didnt do it”?
The answer is the same as it was before, those poor feckers who did it before but now cant because Piotr and his mate have it tied up with the illegal gang he is running paying his workers £2.50 an hour as opposed to minimum wage.
You keep saying this as thought it actually happened. Have you any evidence that Uk born and bred citizens were ever doing those shitty jobs you describe? Seems to me they have always been done by an immigrant underclass. Which is grim but nothing new.

The only change is the relatively recent loss of much better paid, more secure jobs at factories and mines. Which makes Polish fruit-pickers the wrong people to take aim at here. Unless you’re a member of the UKIP anyway.

Shinjch

Funny how these brexit supporting eejits are copying an idea from the French. Rule Britannia and all that.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

https://theconversation.com/who-picked-british-fruit-and-veg-before-migrant-workers-63279

There you go, yes it was basically the same as now, immigrant workers.
Prisoners of war, women, children if you want to go back further.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Brexit stuff aside it’s interesting how they also seem to swallow any old conspiracy theory going round. They’re as gullible as feck. Internet damaged brains.

Holy feck :lol:

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
It's also a fact that there are quite a lot of countries even within Europe who are worse off than the UK in terms of the statistics you mention. Which makes it a fact that things can easily get worse. Listing the things that are bad within the UK doesn't make any of that untrue.
Happy to be proven wrong so links ?

The "things literally can't get worse" narrative is nonsense. You can make a point about the things that are wrong with the UK without resorting to spouting that nonsense. Perspective and accuracy isn't a bad thing.
Did you even read my post ? You put it in bold and you seem to have fail to understand. Literally for millions of people in the UK things can't actual get worse.

hobbers

Have you any evidence that Uk born and bred citizens were ever doing those shitty jobs you describe? .
When it comes to picking fruit at least it was largely women and children who did that in the 60s and 70s.

NinjaFletch

Least of what’s wrong with that, but...

What does “Justice for our boys” mean?
There was a tragic incident at the start of last year year where 3 young boys were mown down by an Asian man who was high on drugs and well over the drink limit. The family and their supporters (now prominent yellow vest marchers) claimed he was Muslim (he wasn't, he's Hindu) and that it was a planned terrorist attack. They asked that he be tried for murder, he was found guilty of manslaughter. They now insist it's a police coverup and campaign about it on their yellow vest marches.
I don't think this answer is quite right.

'Our boys' in this context normally refers to the armed forces. What they actually mean by 'justice' though is anyones guess. It could mean better post-deployment support, it could mean better equipment, or it could mean allowing our soldiers to commit war crimes without having to face trial or criticism. I would suspect it's most likely the latter.

May also be a more specific EDL context too, mind. Probably not worth trying to work out what the feck they are trying to say.

afrocentricity

Literally for millions of people in the UK things can't actual get worse.
I still don't buy that these are the people we are taking about btw. Most of the protest voters and these yellow vests have room for their situations to get worse, I wonder how they'll react...

The people who's situations literally cannot get worse probably have more pressing issues...

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
I still don't buy that these are the people we are taking about btw. Most of the protest voters and these yellow vests have room for their situations to get worse, I wonder how they'll react...

The people who's situations literally cannot get worse probably have more pressing issues...
I doubt wither those arseholes care but its rather important to understand how the type of politics we see today gain momentum especially the far right, because those feckers are winning.
Again I really don't care about the yellow vest people in the thread, some will be poor but traditional far right politics starts off from the middle classes/small businesses owners so I'm sure most of these yellow vest wearers are completely fine financially but the politics they represent is growing and unless a alternative other than things will get worse(Because its tried for a long time now and it doesn't work)is put forward the far right will continue to change the direction of this country.

Because all I see from liberal end of politics(The left is far better)is to scare the shit out of people and to point out how stupid the far right is. Which I agree the far right(Such as these yellow vest people)are complete idiots but they are also complete idiots who are bringing this country out of Europe.

Last edited:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
But both emanate from the same type of sources - extremists whether left or right.
I am sure that you have been around long enough to know that there will always be extremists.

There will always be a group of people disenfranchised with society and looking for the next pole on which to hang their flag.

And there will always be issues which they can use to their advantage. I well recall the dreadful Industrial Relations problems of the 70's when Trades Unions because far too powerful and were able to almost bring our great country to its knees. Within a decade, the power of TU's reduced to almost an irrelevance.

However, one of Britain's great strengths has been its inherent stability and while the debates surrounding Brexit can become a catalyst for extremists to feed on, I am confident that things will be worked out such that there is little or no disruption and we can all get on with our lives.

I am an eternal optimist by the way...

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
I am sure that you have been around long enough to know that there will always be extremists.

There will always be a group of people disenfranchised with society and looking for the next pole on which to hang their flag.

And there will always be issues which they can use to their advantage. I well recall the dreadful Industrial Relations problems of the 70's when Trades Unions because far too powerful and were able to almost bring our great country to its knees. Within a decade, the power of TU's reduced to almost an irrelevance.

However, one of Britain's great strengths has been its inherent stability and while the debates surrounding Brexit can become a catalyst for extremists to feed on, I am confident that things will be worked out such that there is little or no disruption and we can all get on with our lives.

I am an eternal optimist by the way...
Yes of course, problem is they are more prominent these days and can infiltrate into people's lives through social media and people will always believe what they want to believe, trouble is too many don't take a step back and actually consider what's being forced into their minds.

I remember the 70s all too well, I was studying for my A levels by candlelight in 1973. The second time I ever voted was in the 1975 referendum but not for the reasons the leavers pretend people voted for back then.

Usually I am an optimist but if the UK really leave with no deal, no British stiff upper lip and resilience is going to save them from big problems this time.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Happy to be proven wrong so links ?
You need links to prove that the UK isn't the worst in terms of of those statistics? Fine.

UK not the worst for homelessness:

https://www.theguardian.com/housing...-crisis-point-all-eu-countries-except-finland

UK not the worst for work poverty:

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/products-eurostat-news/-/DDN-20180316-1?inheritRedirect=true

UK not the worst for child poverty:

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/stati...ildren_at_risk_of_poverty_or_social_exclusion

UK not the worst for infant mortality:

https://www.ined.fr/en/everything_a...loped-countries/birth-death-infant-mortality/

Surely to god you already knew that UK wasn't the worst for any of those though? So I don't know why you're even slightly arguing that point.