Yokohama F·Marinos v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Don't forget that we had Chris Smalling and Young out in the second half. They had their first work out in months and it's not a surprise they looked sluggish.

We do lack a holding midfielder without Carrick though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Half way through our friendlies and 2 losses out of 3! Hardly convincing. I don't give a shit how much people say it is pre-season and doesn't matter. This is poor form and should not be acceptable.
I hope you aren't being serious...

Godfather

But it has to be said we played pretty crap. It was a good run out but no one apart from maybe Zaha did particularly well out there.

Nogbadthebad

Good workout for the team.

Zaha impressive, the defending was very poor and needs to improve. The cameraman was a disgrace.

For most of the game the back 4 were OK,not great but not bad, we were not anywhere near clinical enough up front, which is the same reason we lost the first one too.

Danny is a great footballer, but hes obviously got confidence issues where putting the ball in the net is concerned, link up play, running, positioning, hes absolute first class, but without the end product we will struggle for goals if hes up front until its sorted out. I think he could be one of our best , but there is something there that needs fixing.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Off the ball we were quite poor. Not having a midfielder that knows how to position himself and how to defend also didn't help.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Is it?

We don't usually arse around in pre season, even though there are often draws and losses. This year in particular, I'd be expecting more of an effort from the players given that there is a new manager to impress.
I agree.

Not arsed about the result, but I don't agree with the idea that pre-season is meaningless and unimportant. Bar Van Persie and De Gea not one of those players is guaranteed to be first choice next season, so there was plenty to play for.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Maybe it is only pre-season, when your sat on your arse in front of tv at home, but if you have paid a fortune to buy a ticket and only get to seem them every few years, you would expect better. Don't think the changes helped and replaced by players who obviously off the pace. The kids were good, the ones playing at the back didn't do themselves any favours and I suppose it is something that Ando actually managed 90 minutes even though he didn't appear to do much.

CallyRed

Didnt watch the game, sounds like from this thread that defending was a bit shambollocks at times, individual errors or as a unit? How did Fabio get on?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
the only thing that really mattered was getting a good work out in hot, humid conditions to build fitness for Swansea away.

losing today really wasn't the end of the world.

Godfather

Didnt watch the game, sounds like from this thread that defending was a bit shambollocks at times, individual errors or as a unit? How did Fabio get on?

He was still the best of the bunch in defence today I thought. Pat was shocking

StuCol

Chimp

Seriously, will people end it with this shit. Its embarrassing

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
We'd better not lose the next game. The players are hardly convincing Moyes that he doesn't need to buy.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It posts it automatically if you use Tapatalk.

I thought Fabio did really well actually. Nothing much went past him on the right side and was solid defensively. Could have put in a few better crosses though, but good overall. 90 minutes without an injury is a boost as well.

JmRssll555

Do we often play in these conditions?
No, we don't. On the other hand, do we often play opposition who are at the level of the Japanese J-League?

There are different ways to look at it; at the end of the day, I see pre-season as important preparation to ensure the players hit the ground running on the first day of the season. Whilst I don't give too much thought to the actual results, I don't consider poor performances to be something which we should brush off either.

I suspect whilst Moyes called the first match we lost a "good workout" he'll be significantly less pleased about this result.

CallyRed

If you read my post properly, I was merely asking a question based on the comments in this thread regarding the defending.

yamo123x

Not good today where's this winning mentality? Zaha aside where is the creativity? So desperate for some inventiveness in the team. Get the cheque book out- please no cabaye or Garay!!

JmRssll555

If you read my post properly, I was merely asking a question based on the comments in this thread regarding the defending.
He's actually talking about the self generated signature attached to your post because your using Tapatalk.

manusteve

Not good today where's this winning mentality? Zaha aside where is the creativity? So desperate for some inventiveness in the team. Get the cheque book out- please no cabaye or Garay!!
Garay is a defender and I daresay he'll do a better job being a defender compared to the shite that happened today.

Status
Not open for further replies.