You are the Chairman. What are you going to tell Van Gaal to prioritise?

redtilldead123

You are the chairman. Van Gaal arrives for work and with a smile he sits down opposite you, puts the world cup trophy down on your desk and surveys your luxurious office.

He refuses the offer of a cigar. You stand up and walk to the window which overlooks the stadium, your hands clasped behind back. You turn to face your new manager and look him in the eye.

What are you going to tell Van Gaal?

binary bot
It hurts reading that poll. Possibly the worst poll ever made.

Varun

Staff
Whaadup dude? Hi5!!

Seriously though and this has already been done before,

Good attacking football and a top 4 finish.

Sheldon69

Make old trafford a fortress , top 4 minimum , title push and a trophy

Miscemayl

Was the dart board dig really necessary?

Van the man could be problematic as there are two van the man...

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
Can we have a thread of You are the Board, what do you demand of your Chairman?

Glanville95

A return to te top four is imperative and is the objective we should set first and foremost. Once you spend one season out of the top four, it is incredibly difficult to return; Liverpool and Spurs are prime examples of that. Of course, we have far more financial clout, a world class coach and the club generates so much money, but I don't think the challenge should be underestimated, particularly due to how competitive the current top four occupants are.

Additionally, seeing a set philosophy being implemented will help with the vision the club is going in for the foreseeable future. If van Gaal, is given some control over our youth structure and how they develop under a particular philosophy and regimes with emphasis on technical ability then it will shape a bright future for the players who step up internally. We should have a more refined and fresher squad next season without European competition, so I actually expect LVG's to make his mark quite early on. It should certainly be a benefactor to him.

Other than those two priorities, amending our dire midfield would be quite refreshing too.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
The thermal insulation on the overhead pipework in the stadium toilets could do with patching up a bit so maybe splash out on some new aluminium tape? It's been bothering me for years.

Grib

Here's our season review DVD for 2013-14. Try sell it.
xD

To be fair the club should issue a copy of this free for every supporter so that they can use it to put things in a bit of perspective in the future

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Top 4.
Unified First Team with players all confident and morale high.
Better performances.
Youth players brought on.
Trophy challenges.
A good record against the rest of the Top 6 I.E 16+ points out of a possible 30.

red_devil83

This season I expect a title challenge.
...I also want to see an emphasis a few big named experience signings to make an immediate impact
In addition, I want see how your philosophy shapes up here, its total football your way.

herokiller84

See no reason why we cant challenge again,once the new boss gets really working with the team.

Might be a slow start,but by christmas i fully expect us to be right in the mix.

That poll induces the ning ning"s.

Annahnomoss

I want to see the team develop positively, something I haven't seen us doing since 06-09. Give everybody who are here right now a chance to prove themselves, if they fail to do so we need to cut them fast and get over it without being emotional. Not end up in one of these Young/Valencia nightmares again where we constantly talk about how good they were 2-3 years ago while keeping them in the first eleven. Valencia/Young should have been replaced instantly after their first full season of mediocre performances regardless of being regular starters.

Under Moyes and the latter years of SAF it seemed like the problems grew as we never solved anything, just added new troubles on the list.

So if we turn that trend that is all I would need to be happy, I'd be okay with an outside top 4 position as well if it was clear were taking steps forward for every month that passed.

In terms of signings I hope we sign 20-24 year old talents who are already world-class and would walk in to the first eleven. We'd be building for today but also for the team in 5 years, rather than just focusing on today and buying a 28 year old who is slightly better and more proven.

Draxler on one side and Januzaj on the other would be mouth-watering, we'd have our wings sorted for a decade to come.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
did this really need a poll? this isn't what polls are for. this is exactly why polls will be taken away from mains members.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A new devil is arriving!....

Last edited:

The Neviller

Title challenge, better football, a focus on getting the most out of the players we have and our academy, a style of play and philosophy put in place and the start of a new legacy.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I'd tell Van Gaal to convince Niall to take away the Poll Making powers from the mains posters.

Reactions: rimaldo

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I'd tell Van Gaal to convince Niall to take away the Poll Making powers from the mains posters.
How many polls has redtilldead created? He is the only one abusing it. Temp ban in order IMHO

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
How many polls has redtilldead created? He is the only one abusing it. Temp ban in order IMHO
if i were a betting man i'd go with the number directly correlating with how many threads he's started.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
You are the chairman. Van Gaal arrives for work and with a smile he sits down opposite you, puts the world cup trophy down on your desk and surveys your luxurious office.

He refuses the offer of a cigar. You stand up and walk to the window which overlooks the stadium, your hands clasped behind back. You turn to face your new manager and look him in the eye.

What are you going to tell Van Gaal?
Not sure what I'd tell Van Gaal but I'm telling you that your last poll option comes pretty close to violating the forum rules.

Since I'm in a good mood today I have deleted it and will avoid handing out warning points.

Last edited:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Not sure what I'd tell Van Gaal but I'm telling you that your last poll option comes pretty close to violating the forum rules.
it was a protest edit. i think i just about got away with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
poll removed, stop making polls like these. they don't work. a poll should list all the definitive answers, of which they're shouldn't really be more than a few.