Your Favourite Top 3 In The Current Squad

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Martinez - He is brilliant, love everything about him.
I can understand why, he’s been outstanding. He definitely seems to have the right character to be a CB for Manchester United too. He’s also a lot of fun to watch as a neutral due to his aggressive style and intensity.

led_scholes

1) Martinez
2) Casemiro
3) Fred

I know Fred is not the best cm around. But he is a fighter and a useful player in the squad. He also seems to be a great person and has not downed the tools at any instance.

Eriksen and Dalot seem really likable too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I can understand why, he’s been outstanding. He definitely seems to have the right character to be a CB for Manchester United too. He’s also a lot of fun to watch as a neutral due to his aggressive style and intensity.
Yeah, he is fun player to watch for neutrals, it's not surprising at all that he is in most people's list, that too in first position.

Would be very surprised if he doesn't become ManUtd captain.

Marty1968

Was going to pick Martinez as no.1 but but he's too short to be a no.1!!?! :houllier:. Then Casemiro with only 5 Champions Leagues isn't good enough to be top as it was the good players around him at Madrid who made him look so good!?!? :houllier: So i'll go with Malacia. A mixed start for us but really like how he plays and think he'll be great in a year or two. A great back up/competition to Shaw

1. Malacia
2. Martinez
3. Casemiro

berbasloth4

De gea and ronaldo for the service and success in past

And casemiro as good as martinez has been I'm sure he feels alot more confident and safe with the guard dog there

Sparky Rhiwabon

Martinez - what a guy!
Antony - great, smart young player and good attitude too
Bruno - done so much for us since he signed (despite some bad patches) and a proper sh*thouse

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Martinez , casemiro and dalot(could never see myself saying that a year ago) in that order.

honorable mentions: varane, Malacia, eriksen and ddg.

Dread Devil

Martinez in Defence…. We are so solid with him there, great passing and inspires the whole of the back line..

Casemiro in Midfield, steadies the ship, reads the game and has an eye for a great pass or goal every other game….

Martial in Attack…he has been injured a lot recently but when he has played he has scored or been involved in so many goals…we are really quite stale without him. His interplay and understanding with Rashford and Sancho is quality..I can only imagine what he will provide for Antony and Garnacho too..

Andersons Dietician

But how can I pick just 3 when the whole back line has been imperious?

DDG, Varane,Dalot,Shaw, Malacia, Martinez

Casemiro

Mainoldo

Varane
Martial
Casemiro

That was actually hard. Means we are getting better.

Red Rash

Casemiro - Since he has come into the team he has shown how much we have been crying out for a world class midfielder. Also very likeable since he has an aggressive style but is also way better on the ball than I expected.

Martinez - Same as Casemiro that he has brought more aggression to our team and is phenomenal at passing for a CB. His likeability is probably also heightened (:wenger:) by the fact he is a bit of an underdog as quite a few pundits have predicted he will fail due to his size.

Varane - Annoyingly gets injured a lot but I love his style of play as a CB. Bring a lot of pace and calmness to the backline and is a great partner for Martinez. He gives me flashbacks to when we had Rio playing defence for us.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
  • Lisandro Martinez: everything you would want in a player — from technical skill set to mental attributes, and even relatability (on a human level).
  • David de Gea: massively overpaid and needs to leave in the near future, but on the pitch he was one of the few silver livings for most of his United career.
  • Casemiro or Antony: elderly statesman who seems invested in our revival vs. enthusiastic aspirant who could play a big role in the future — can't decide, really.
Probably in that exact order, too. :)

Honorable mentions: Raphaël Varane, Hannibal Mejbri, Diogo Dalot, Alvaro Fernández and Christian Eriksen.

Belisarius

But if you play as a striker while put on paper as a midfielder in a team that lacks substance in midfield, which imo was the case in too many games, people will get tired of your action even if they lead to the occasional goal. Bernardo actually added to midfield, even when he was placed on one of the winger positions. In that sense (+ skill level, of course) I would prefer Bernardo without much thought and can understand why people think it's weird to criticize Rashford for not doing his job well, but then putting Bruno in your top 3 for not doing his job either.

Speaking of which,

Martinez, Martial, Wan Bissaka/Fred

And yes, it's mostly based on favorites, I know AWB and Fred will probably not be the player of the season any time soon.
Was criticizing Rashford for not making an effort. Much worse than just playing poorly that.

RoyH1

1.Martinez,
2.Casemiro
3.Eriksen

Honourable mentions for Varane, Antony and Bruno

AndersB

If there was any doubt before, Bruno now tops this list for me, after the recent interview and that clip with Ronaldo in the Portugal dressing room. He's been a bit inconsistent for a while and acts whiny on the pitch at times, but man does he give it his all. He also seems United through and through.

pacifictheme

If there was any doubt before, Bruno now tops this list for me, after the recent interview and that clip with Ronaldo in the Portugal dressing room. He's been a bit inconsistent for a while and acts whiny on the pitch at times, but man does he give it his all. He also seems United through and through.
He's second this season in the prem for big chance creation. If we had players who could shoot....

For me it's rashford, de gea and Bruno. But I also like martinez, casemiro, eriksen and garnacho a lot.

Cabin Clown

This is really difficult.

1. Bruno - love his personality on the pitch and always seem to root for him. Should be captain.

2. Varane - Awesome defender. Likeable attitude.

3. Martial - Always root for him too.

Honourable mentions to Dalot, DDG, Martinez, Casemiro, and Fred.

Hughie77

Love Casimero, Dalot is the most improved player , Martinez breath of fresh air. Eriksen has to be in there as well OK that's 4.

norm87cro

This is purley subjective and doesnt really mean these are the best players and with that in mind:
1)Rashford
2)Martinez
3)McTominay

redmanx

But how can I pick just 3 when the whole back line has been imperious?

DDG, Varane,Dalot,Shaw, Malacia, Martinez

Casemiro
Bang on; our defence has been very good, with Varane, Martinez, Dalot, Shaw and Malacia exceptional. DDG has been back to his very, very best and has shown more enterprize in coming for crosses etc and in fitting in with ETHs style. Martinez though is the player who stands out more than any other in the entire squad....he has been awesome! Martinez has passion, committment, work rate, great ability on the ball, can pass and knows when to and where to, and the way he tackles is just what we needed.....already my "player of the season!"

Arlo

1. Martinez - It's nice to have a defender who tackles an opponent instead of backing away from them as they keep heading towards goal.
  2. Casemiro - Slow start at the club but gradually coming into his own and bringing a cool head to the midfield.
  3. Eriksen - Takes plenty of risks but doesn't shirk away from receiving the ball and actually has an idea of what to do with it.