Your Hidden Gems or under the radar - Wanted Signings

the_cliff

Here's one most people wouldn't have heard about.

Mohamed Amoura:
Plays for USG in the Belgian league (They're top of the Belgian league). He's a pacey lw/rw, very quick. I think he has the 2nd top speed reached in a game in Europe (Equal with Haaland, only behind Mbappe). Very direct. 23 years old.

Has 10 Goals in 12 appearances in the league despite many appearances coming of the bench. Averages a goal ever 58 minutes.

His 2 goals last game.

Reminds me of Mo Salah but on the left wing, he's been linked recently with Dortmund, Brighton and Liverpool (Klopp was impressed with him after their Europa league game).

Bojan Djordjic

Matias Soule on loan at Frosinone from Juventus but perception seems to be that his future lies away from Juventus. Really great prospect at right wing. Good at dribbling and a really creative passer too.

Another name is Edon Zhegrova who is another dribble heavy right winger that loves a cross.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Mats Wieffer goes slightly under the radar but he's showing good potential for a player who can play as the single pivot. At 6'3 he's a strong duller, covers ground really well and is comfortable at receiving the ball under pressure at the base of midfield and progressing it forward. I mentioned him as someone we could possibly take a chance on before we loaned in Amrabat. Wieffer just turned 24 recently and potentially represents really good value. I think he looks like a tailor made player to play alongside Kobbie Mainoo.

Below are highlights of his performance against Atletico Madrid in the Champions league from yesterday.

daba

Mats Wieffer goes slightly under the radar but he's showing good potential for a player who can play as the single pivot. At 6'3 he's a strong duller, covers ground really well and is comfortable at receiving the ball under pressure at the base of midfield and progressing it forward. I mentioned him as someone we could possibly take a chance on before we loaned in Amrabat. Wieffer just turned 24 recently and potentially represents really good value. I think he looks like a tailor made player to play alongside Kobbie Mainoo.

Below are highlights of his performance against Atletico Madrid in the Champions league from yesterday.

Would be a good McT replacement by the looks of it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Would be a good McT replacement by the looks of it.
I think he potentially replaces McTominay when it comes to winning duels and covering ground but on top of that he also provides ability on the ball. The highlights below further demonstrate his capability on the ball.

daba

I think he potentially replaces McTominay when it comes to winning duels and covering ground but on top of that he also provides ability on the ball. The highlights below further demonstrate his capability on the ball.

I like it. Replacing McT’s height and physicality but with someone with far better ball playing and retention abilities. Makes complete sense.

Lost bear

I like it. Replacing McT’s height and physicality but with someone with far better ball playing and retention abilities. Makes complete sense.
Mmm, looks very capable. One to watch.

Bojan Djordjic

Do you think he's athletic enough? I've seen him in a few positions where it looked like he was running in treacle but I haven't seen enough to judge for sure. It's one thing I love about Onana - he's so quick across the park and is an aerial beast which I think would really complement Kobbie in the future.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Still think that the Ramsey/Ramsay kid who plays for Villa flies surprisingly under the radar despite his obvious qualities.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Do you think he's athletic enough? I've seen him in a few positions where it looked like he was running in treacle but I haven't seen enough to judge for sure. It's one thing I love about Onana - he's so quick across the park and is an aerial beast which I think would really complement Kobbie in the future.
He's probably not as quick or athletic like Amadou Onana but I'd say he's potentially good enough if you factor in his ability on the ball along with his duel winning capability. Pairing him with a player like Mainoo would also suit him imo.

I would prefer we sign Amadou Onana along with a young midfielder like Moscardo or Vermeeren. But Amadou Onana along with a player like Mats Wieffer (who likely wouldn't cost a lot) could also represent good value imo.

NoPace

Still think that the Ramsey/Ramsay kid who plays for Villa flies surprisingly under the radar despite his obvious qualities.
4 years left on his deal and they play a system that should suit him, probably just a case of Emery not being comfortable with a young player. Hard to see us getting him on a decent price, but a swap for Mount and us getting 15-20M to spend elsewhere would probably be decent business.

the_cliff

Here's one most people wouldn't have heard about.

Mohamed Amoura:
Plays for USG in the Belgian league (They're top of the Belgian league). He's a pacey lw/rw, very quick. I think he has the 2nd top speed reached in a game in Europe (Equal with Haaland, only behind Mbappe). Very direct. 23 years old.

Has 10 Goals in 12 appearances in the league despite many appearances coming of the bench. Averages a goal ever 58 minutes.

His 2 goals last game.

Reminds me of Mo Salah but on the left wing, he's been linked recently with Dortmund, Brighton and Liverpool (Klopp was impressed with him after their Europa league game).
Destroyed Liverpool (a 2nd string Liverpool tbf) yesterday..

pascell

One of the top players in ball recoveries in the CL/EL this season, think he's only bettered by Torreira.

Lux Thunder

This description makes me think of Arthur Vermeeren, it will not be a long time until he isn’t considered as a hidden gem anymore.

Bojan Djordjic

A phenomenal prospect that I'm not sure I've seen mentioned is George Ilenikhena at Royal Antwerp. He's only 17 and not playing a whole lot of minutes but he has five goals in about 2.5 90s in the league. The impressive thing is he has been scoring in Europe too (against Barca no less). He was Antwerp's record signing and he really looks to be quite complete for such a young teenager. Have a feeling that he's going to be a superstar.

JohnnyLaw

Any belgian football fans who can tell me more about Maxim De Cuyper?

Seems to be dominating from his LB spot for Club Brugge but the poor lad doesn’t even have a highlight compilation on youtube.

We could use a proper deputy for Shaw who can also play alongside him when deployed as a CB. Malacia even when fit will never really compete for a starting berth.

Already has an assist for United and Martial too from when we faced them in the EL three years ago. :D

onemanarmy

Any belgian football fans who can tell me more about Maxim De Cuyper?

Seems to be dominating from his LB spot for Club Brugge but the poor lad doesn’t even have a highlight compilation on youtube.

We could use a proper deputy for Shaw who can also play alongside him when deployed as a CB. Malacia even when fit will never really compete for a starting berth.

Already has an assist for United and Martial too from when we faced them in the EL three years ago. :D
He's a decent player, but in fact he often loses his spot to Bjorn Meijer who at 20 is 3 years younger. He's being played at lb, rb... Very versatile, but I don't think he's good enough for Utd. Think Meijer has a higher ceiling.

Bondi77

The young DM at Royal Antwerp...if he is better than what we have already.

onemanarmy

The young DM at Royal Antwerp...if he is better than what we have already.
He's good yeah. I would love him at Utd. Just don't know if he's ready yet at 18. I wouldn't call Vemeeren a DM though, he's more of a 6. Can play both positions but he likes to pop up around the 16. He already has 6 assists this season.

At the DM position in the same team, Mandela Keita, 21 years old. He is often overlooked, but he'll become a very good player too. Both became full internationals for Belgium in October.

SRB87

Supports
ACU
if we can dig a bit deeper, i think we should get Leroy Sane. One of the best Wingers in Europe when in form and i think hes the exact type of guy we would need. Knows th eleague as well and I believe hes ready to leave Bayern

Bondi77

He's good yeah. I would love him at Utd. Just don't know if he's ready yet at 18. I wouldn't call Vemeeren a DM though, he's more of a 6. Can play both positions but he likes to pop up around the 16. He already has 6 assists this season.

At the DM position in the same team, Mandela Keita, 21 years old. He is often overlooked, but he'll become a very good player too. Both became full internationals for Belgium in October.
Really good intelligent midfielders should be able to cover most positions in the midfield and we can see kobbie doing that at the moment.
Scholes played in other positions before he moved into the playmaker role and even Casemiro played as more box to box before he went to Magreed.
If we get him early we could even leave him for another season at his existing club but we all know the 'Old enough good enough' saying but maybe Erik thinks having one teenager in the midfield is enough to carry on with.

K stand Red

I think we can all agree are recruitment and retention of unworthy players has been crap over the last few years and the budget is going to be at a premium
The right wing unless Amad comes good when back from injury needs addressing as Anthony is not the answer i would look at young lad from Argyle Morgan Whittaker and or Samuel Edozie from the Saints (ex city youth player) who is potentially more skilful and has a higher ceiling
With Shaw seeming to spend as much time in the "Phil Jones" hospitality suite namely treatment room and non of the replacements in current squad fill me with much hope i would take a look at Bali MUMBA from Argyle young wingback who can play both sides raw but has potential and a year as back up to Shaw

All should be attainable at reasonable prices

The-Mezzala

Strahinja Pavlovic ,Michael Kayode , Martin Baturina , Joshua Zirkzee, Amine Gouiri, Rony Bardghji.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I have never seen him play for FC Twente and he's only 17, but not signing Lucas Vennegoor of Hesselink would be a huge mistake for any football club.

massiveissue

Radu Dragusin, I actually know the guy and he has the right mentality to do it here.
Would be sad if Spurs get him.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
He is effectively a Manchester City player, that key consideration would complicate any potential business unfortunately (while they have allowed players to join teams managed by Arteta and Kompany in England (and obviously Barcelona and Bayern Munich on the continental front), they are unlikely to strengthen Liverpool or Manchester United). Troyes (part of the City Football Group) signed him from Atlético Mineiro, and Girona (also part of the City Football Group) signed him from Troyes on a year-loan deal — if he improves further and evidences greater consistency, the mother ship will surely come calling?

I have the goal of playing for City, yes, I think that when I was hired my goal was always to get to City and I'm working towards that. But I have to keep my focus on Girona and do things well to get there. If one day I arrive at City, you can be sure that I did things well at Girona, as I am doing. I want to continue working here so that one day I can reach City, which is my reference point.

(Guardiola and I) never had any contact, I only saw him up close. He hired Kayky, who was from Fluminense, Gabriel Jesus, so he seems to get along well with Brazilians. It's letting things happen naturally so that, God willing, one day, he can train me.
Com conselho de Vini Jr, Savinho sonha alto com Manchester City e Seleção: ‘O meu sonho é…

afatzp

Not Sure this is hidden, but Joshua Zirkzee is technically gifted No.9. Silky touch and able to shield the balls well and bring the whole team up a level , a Harry Kane vibe for me. Very scarce in nowadays market.

daba

Not Sure this is hidden, but Joshua Zirkzee is technically gifted No.9. Silky touch and able to shield the balls well and bring the whole team up a level , a Harry Kane vibe for me. Very scarce in nowadays market.

I think the idea of Zirkzee. Not profilic but can add more than just goals to the team and would provide an interesting alternative to Højlund and potentially could play alongside him. If we’re going for a cheaper younger striker he could be the one.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Again not hidden but don’t see any transfer rumours about him very often

Estupinan

should we ever want to replace shaw or move him to LCB