Your Hidden Gems or under the radar - Wanted Signings

Redstain

Jaden Philogene

Playing well for championship, he's just drifting past players at ease also had a good performance with the England U21s.

Ander Barrenetxea - Very good for Sociedad being overlooked due to Kubo.

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Jaden Philogene

Playing well for championship, he's just drifting past players at ease also had a good performance with the England U21s.

Ander Barrenetxea

Very good for Sociedad being overlooked due to Kubo.
Jaden Philogene is an interesting player, seems two footed and a good turn of pace.
However he’s a Villa player out on loan I believe and I can’t see them selling

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Damn shame.

why do CBs nowadays have an issue heading the ball? Are they not doing heading as much in training?
No idea if it is this but wouldn't be surprised if it is due to the way football is going in terms of being more about playing it on the ground and playing out of the back. It's rare that teams play it directly enough to a big man up top now that requires defenders to have aerial ability as one of their stand out qualities and something to concentrate on in training.

Redstain

Jaden Philogene is an interesting player, seems two footed and a good turn of pace.
However he’s a Villa player out on loan I believe and I can’t see them selling
Agreed he certainly has the tools to make it and assessing Grealish / Madison it's just a question if he can transition what he's doing into the more competitive prem.

Hull made a full acquisition in purchasing him, Villa do however have a buy-back which was reported.

M16Red

Watch him play for U20, he's positioning was excellent.

Played 42 games last season and 15 this, these are league one games not easy for a young defender.

His manager said this:
"Ronnie will be bought and in two and a half years he will be sold for £60million to £70million such is the current market for young centre-backs"

Early this year it was Cameron Archer, just moved to Luton for €21 mill

Yehvann Diouf

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Agreed he certainly has the tools to make it and assessing Grealish / Madison it's just a question if he can transition what he's doing into the more competitive prem.

Hull made a full acquisition in purchasing him, Villa do however have a buy-back which was reported.
Ahhh, did not know that. Should be an easy pickup for any top level team

I do agree though, doing it in the championship (and below) is a lot easier than the PL. could see him going to palace as a replacement for olise

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not a hidden gem, a player in plain sight. Brian Mbuemo of Brentford
I don't think that we have ever been linked with him, but he is still only 24, has Premier League experience, and has looked terrific whenever I've seen him play.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not a hidden gem, a player in plain sight. Brain Mbuemo of Brentford
I don't think that we have ever been linked with him, but he is still only 24, has Premier League experience, and has looked terrific whenever I've seen him play.
definitely a clever player

Oranges038

Sam Curtis from St Pats. Only 17, already playing LOI for the last 2 years.

Rumours knocking around that Utd and other top clubs have been monitoring him. FAI cup final on Sunday will probably be one of his last games for Pats.

aeh1991

That 17 year old Swedish boy Roony Bardghji of Copenhagen looked like a better RW than Antony already..

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That 17 year old Swedish boy Roony Bardghji of Copenhagen looked like a better RW than Antony already..
Does this really need to be in every post about a RW? it's not even true either. It's extremely tiresome and boring.

aeh1991

Does this really need to be in every post about a RW? it's not even true either. It's extremely tiresome and boring.
I was being serious. Seems a genuinely talented player who will end up at a top club soon and we should snap him up. And yes he looked better yesterday for them than Antony looked for most games for us, it is not boring.

ElDiabloRojo

Sam Curtis from St Pats. Only 17, already playing LOI for the last 2 years.

Rumours knocking around that Utd and other top clubs have been monitoring him. FAI cup final on Sunday will probably be one of his last games for Pats.
Brighton so, if he is any good we can pay 75m in 2 years.

Oranges038

Brighton so, if he is any good we can pay 75m in 2 years.
Could be Brighton, he's been down the same route pretty much as Ferguson. The kid has talent, be interesting to see if he has what it takes. 60 senior appearances in any league at 17 would suggest there's something there, Seamus Coleman was in a similar situation and he went on to have an excellent career.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I was being serious. Seems a genuinely talented player who will end up at a top club soon and we should snap him up. And yes he looked better yesterday for them than Antony looked for most games for us, it is not boring.
It is a boring quip everyone says about anyone who has a remotely decent performance. He had a decent 30 min performance against 10 men and he plays in the Danish league. He is not better than Antony.

Oranges038

It is a boring quip everyone says about anyone who has a remotely decent performance. He had a decent 30 min performance against 10 men and he plays in the Danish league. He is not better than Antony.
He's started 15 out of 21 games for them and has 8 goals this season at 17 and is playing in the CL and doesn’t look out of place at all.

He's an excellent talent and one that most top clubs will be keeping an eye on. He might not beym better than Antony now, but in 2/3 years he could be. You'd have to be blind not to see the potential in this kid.

TheGame

So you've seen in one sub appearance and deduced he looks like a 'genuinely talented player' and already better than Antony. Ok.

aeh1991

So you've seen in one sub appearance and deduced he looks like a 'genuinely talented player' and already better than Antony. Ok.
I didn't say he IS a better player. I said he looked better as a RW and that is based on the performance only. He could actually beat his man (even though that's not difficult when facing Dalot), was causing troubles and scored a really nice winner. Obviously cant compare a 17 years old teenager with a 23 year old senior player, but it says a lot that I've barely seen our big money transfer pulling that kind of performance often.

Edit: And yes, as Baxquux said, Roony has been touted as one of the most talented players of his generation. I have heard of him before but that was the first time I've seen him play.

Baxquux

He's appeared in other transfer threads and been spoken about as one of the new crop of potential 'next big things' since his first appearance: right now, from what we've been told, his potential ceiling is much higher than Antony's (considering some of the basic flaws in latter's game) though Antony right now is probably more reliable option in doing the defensive and off the ball side...

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's started 15 out of 21 games for them and has 8 goals this season at 17 and is playing in the CL and doesn’t look out of place at all.

He's an excellent talent and one that most top clubs will be keeping an eye on. He might not beym better than Antony now, but in 2/3 years he could be. You'd have to be blind not to see the potential in this kid.
Wasn't the point I was making, he's clearly a special talent, I've not denied that. It's just tiresome seeing posters just shit on our players for no reason.

Oranges038

Wasn't the point I was making, he's clearly a special talent, I've not denied that. It's just tiresome seeing posters just shit on our players for no reason.
That is true, you can praise a player without slagging off one that's at the club. But it's the easiest comparison for most people to make.

For me, he looks like he could be a Mahrez type player. Definitely one I'd be trying to get more info on and be looking to get a deal done. Even if he's loaned back there for a year or two more.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That is true, you can praise a player without slagging off one that's at the club. But it's the easiest comparison for most people to make.

For me, he looks like he could be a Mahrez type player. Definitely one I'd be trying to get more info on and be looking to get a deal done. Even if he's loaned back there for a year or two more.
In a way it's good we played him, as that seems to be the only time we really take notice of these type of talents. The composure for the goal was superb, took his time and just made sure he kept it down and on target. Looks very robust for a 17 year old too.

JoaquinJoaquin

Be honest, how many times have you watched this guy? I’m going to say once.

Bojan Djordjic

Nestory Irankunda is rumoured to be moving to be moving to Bayern for only three million. Really exciting but raw Tanzanian born Australian talent. Blistering shot on him and has maintained essentially a goal/90 mins in Australia since he was 15 (although understandably has limited enough minutes to date given his age). Some of his goals are insane.

Would also love a signing like Roony Bardghji, who's dad apparently named him after Wayne so might be a good omen. Another really promising right winger is Badredine Bouanani but he is more of a creator than a scorer so someone like Bardghji who has goals in his game might be better. Although, it feels like Hojlund could really do with a guy with Bouanani's creativity delivering crosses and playing clever through balls to him.

Redstain

Everytime Burnley play keep seeing and hearing Koleosho grabbing attention. Supposedly a good game against Arsenal today.

andredjawaa

Daniel Boloca - Sassuolo
Ilic - Torino

Gyokeres - Sporting Lisbon
I think the most important is heigh and physical attribute , look at Man City ,that club have too many giant

Don_Johan14

Supports
F.C.Barcelona
Ibrahim Diarra (captain of Malí, 16, RW) being able to be a player with an ability to unbalance the rival defense and generate dangerous chances, with a very good dribbling and ability to win duels.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Nestory Irankunda is rumoured to be moving to be moving to Bayern for only three million. Really exciting but raw Tanzanian born Australian talent. Blistering shot on him and has maintained essentially a goal/90 mins in Australia since he was 15 (although understandably has limited enough minutes to date given his age). Some of his goals are insane.

Would also love a signing like Roony Bardghji, who's dad apparently named him after Wayne so might be a good omen. Another really promising right winger is Badredine Bouanani but he is more of a creator than a scorer so someone like Bardghji who has goals in his game might be better. Although, it feels like Hojlund could really do with a guy with Bouanani's creativity delivering crosses and playing clever through balls to him.
Irankunda to Bayern is a done deal.

Wrecking ralf

Don’t ever see much said about Fabio Miretti at Juve. Good progressive midfielder, very good passer of the ball, strong, defensively sound but not an out and out CDM. Given Sancho is linked with them I’d be inclined to ask about his availability.

Oranges038

Maximilian Beier, contains the obligatory shit music, so you know he's good.

SparkedIntoLife

I've not seen this guy play but have seen that we're linked with Le Havre's 21 year old captain Arouna Sangante. He was in the Ligue 2 team of the season last year and is impressing this year in the top flight. Newcastle and Wolves are also linked. There's something about this that feels like it might have some substance. One can bet that Ratcliffe's crew will be already having some influence in an advisory sense and, with Nice and potential links to Paul Mitchell, one would assume they'll know the top France based prospects. Signing Todibo from Nice in January while they're challenging for the title would not be a great PR move from Ratcliffe. Plus he'd surely be 40m+. Maybe this Sangante guy is a better option for January, especially as Maguire is having a good season, and Todibo can come in during the Summer perhaps.

Anyone seen him play? Any good?

NoPace

Looking at Whoscored, the guys 25 and under who stand out as having strong seasons that I don't think I've ever seen play (or at least not enough to have any real opinion) and are at positions we should obviously look to target in the summer:

Diakite - Lille CB
Palacios - Leverkusen DM, 25, I believe he's a classic hardman DM, which we could use if Amrabat isn't picked up. I must have seen him play for Argentina and Leverkusen but genuinely can't recall, wasn't watching out for him at least
Singo - Monaco RCB
Stiller - Stuttgart DM
Pepelu - Valencia DM
Zirkzee - Bologna striker, seen him come off the bench for Bayern,
Buongiorno - Torino CB, he played in the Italy-Ukraine game but didn't notice him much, though they mostly defended well on his side
Akor Adams - Montpellier FW
Yoro - Yet another Lille CB
Toure - Lorient CB