Your Hometown Stadium

Kaos

that would be mine too i guess. 52,000 spectators. been there many times, best match i saw there was Lebanon VS Iraq in the Asian cup 2000. i also watched the final between Japan and Saudi Arabia which Japan won.
I was at that same Lebanon-Iraq game....I remember being torn on who to support, just as well it ended a draw :lol:

Cristiano_RAFC

Town: Antwerp
Team: Royal Antwerp FC
Stadium: Bosuil
Capacity: 16,649

The stadium was built in 1923 and two of the stands are still in use. The Business seats building behind one of the goals was built in the early nineties and 10 years later the family stand behind the other goal was built to replace the demolished terrace stands behind the goal.

The original stadium:

Images of the stadium in its' current state:

Overview:

Stand 1 and 3:

Stand 2

Stand 2 when it's filled with people:

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I was at that same Lebanon-Iraq game....I remember being torn on who to support, just as well it ended a draw :lol:
i was 10 but i remember that Moussa Hojeij free kick that made it 2-2! :lol: we ended up getting knocked out of the group stages!

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Sure there is. The team on the top of the Icelandic Premier Division has their pitch next to the sea. Kick the ball out for a throw in and it will probably go into the sea.
Similar to Rampla Juniors stadium then

Pimpmofo

Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Home of Colorado Rapids
It opened in 2007 and was the largest soccer complex in the world, not sure if it still is.

Dick’s Sporting Good Park is the largest and most state-of-the-art professional stadium & soccer complex in the world. The soccer-specific stadium and the complex, comprised of 24 additional fields surrounding it, is the largest professional complex in the USA as well. Also, no other stadium in the world has a fully-integrated electrionic signage system, comprised of the video board, ribbon boards, marquee, and stadium clocks all as part of the same electronic system, as Dick’s Sporting Goods Park does.
http://www.dickssportinggoodspark.com/Stadium/FAQs.aspx

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Where I'm fron it's either this lump of shit:

Belle Vue - Home of Rhyl FC

Capacity, 3 blokes and a few seagulls.

Played there a couple of times in cup finals for my junior football team.

or

Llanelian Road - Home of Colwyn Bay FC

[IMGhttp://youresupposedtobeathome.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/playoffs9.jpg[/IMG]

Second pic is from the playoff final against FC United which saw Colwyn Bay get promoted to the Blue Square North

Living in Cardiff for university it's the Millenium Stadium.
Livin

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Great idea for a thread!

Or the closest ground to where I now reside ...

Edgeley Road Stadium, the home of Stockport County FC.
I remember standing on the concrete terraces at the far end there with my brother back in the day.

Cheadle Town FC.
Shit, I didn't realise you lived in Cheadle, bit too close for comfort. Mind you I didn't realise they had a football team either.

There appears to be such a thing as Gatley AFC too!

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/gatleyafc/76330/Contact

EvilChuck

lol at only 3 people posting Old Trafford so far on a United forum.

That being said, the nearest stadium to where I grew up is wembley :lol:

Now its Vicarage road

Doogie

Surprised with all the Irish here that no one has posted this one. Anyways here's the Aviva stadium in Dublin, the one closest to me.

mkecane

It opened in 2007 and was the largest soccer complex in the world, not sure if it still is.

http://www.dickssportinggoodspark.com/Stadium/FAQs.aspx
I was there a couple years ago. Nothing like 50mph gusting winds blowing in with a storm on its way. Great sightlines and great views there, though.

Mine:
TWC Stadium at Uihlein Soccer Park in Milwaukee.

Univ. of Wisconsin-Milwaukee has a nice, though small, stadium.

Englemann Field:

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Shielfield Park Berwick-upon-Tweed. Home of the only Rangers in Scottish football.... and Berwick Bandits Speedway

Taken from my chopper

The pitch at the bottom right corner of the picture is Old Shielfield, one of the former homes of the Gers.

The Ducket - only the brave. I don't miss the horizontal freezing rain.

Good thread btw

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
The last picture is very old as the bottom of the photo is now a JJB, Subway and Frankie and Benny's and the rest is surrounded by offices.
DW Sports now. :p

I visit it regularly to play 5aside there. Great little arena.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Current home of the Rochester Rhinos (let me know if the image doesn't show up please).

Side note at the top just to the right of center of the photo you see a complex of buildings, light brownish in color, that is where I work.

Pre-game to a WPS match (Women's soccer league)

Sadly having trouble tracking down a decent picture of old Holleder Stadium where the Rochester Lancers of the old NASL , the place my family had season tickets to back in the day.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Similar to Rampla Juniors stadium then
Yup. The stadium is built a bit on the sand. I guess the people of that small town hadn't heard that Christian song about the stupid man and smart man.

Fun fact (not really fact but highly probable) the team that plays there (or rater the town where this pitch is) has developed the most PL players per capita.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Yup. The stadium is built a bit on the sand. I guess the people of that small town hadn't heard that Christian song about the stupid man and smart man.

Fun fact (not really fact but highly probable) the team that plays there (or rater the town where this pitch is) has developed the most PL players per capita.
One thing that characterises the team in the stadium I posted is they don't hoof it. I guess they are fed up of going to get the ball every time they do in training, or during games (more likely that they have no protection from the strong coastal winds, so long balls are very wayward).

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if the same applied to this team, which could explain that fun fact.

eric le roi

That looks like a computer-generated image. Does it look like that in real life? Very impressive if it does, especially for the US.

Closest to where I was born - Moss Lane, home of Altrincham FC (and sometimes United reserves):

Closest to where I am now - Emirates Stadium, home of Arsenal FC:

RedLars

Grew up and spent most of my days here:

Closest to where I live (and have for the ten last years) is Alfheim Stadion, of Tromsø Idrettslag:

(which I hate to go to, but I've played a few matches there and that's alright)

I'm always right

My apartment is where the red arrow is pointing.

This is the new 65,000 seater Swedish National Arena, "The Friends Arena"

When finished....