Your message to SAF on his anniversary

BRobson

On the 6th of November 1986 he was appointed our manager.

What would be your message to him?

I'd like to say thanks for for making the team I love to be the best team in the world, and sorry for being a sheep and calling for his head in 87.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Greatest manager the world has ever seen. I have been lucky enough to support a club that has had one manager through my entire lifetime (born 1987) whilst watching others chop and change all around us. I don't know how we'll cope once your gone but i'm sure we will. It'll be strange for me seeing a new man in the dugout as i can't actually picture a game at Old Trafford starting without Fergie coming out of the tunnel just after kick off waving to the crowd. Going to be weird when he puts his boots up but for now, Cheers Fergie here's to a few more years yet!

Denis' cuff

Ferg, you're the greatest manager in thr history of the game

please don't retire

Decotron

Morning Fergie

Just a quick note to say please take note of the "Sell John O Shea" thread on your favourite website. As you are aware alot of highly qualified football expert (caftards) now believe that you in your infinite wisdom have fecked up royally by not selling O’Shea. Also expect rumours of him being your Irish lovechild ala Fletcher when he was "shite". I feel you need to embrace the sensible logic being displayed on this issue. We drew away to Celtic so obviously it’s the fault of our 2nd choice left back. What were you thinking???

Regards

Tribec

22 years!! wow

Big Ron had gone, United were in many ways the Spurs of Division 1 in 86, and like Spurs we got rid of our manager at the start of the winter. We knew of Fergie's talent, as he had started to destroy the Auld Firm hold on the Scottish league, however his mission was clear keep United up and make them great again. I hold my hands up I however well he'd done in Scotland, I wasn't convinced he was the man to do the job at the time.... How wrong I was.

Fergie's been at United for over half my life so far, and with him I've ridden an incredible journey like the rest of us have. If I were to die tomorrow, in terms of football, I've seen the lot, I'd die very happy.

Thanks Sir Alex, May 93, May 94, May 99, May 08 have been the amongst the greatest moments in my life, and your work has made this so.... Along with Sir Matt, you are Manchester United, forget the American Imp, Fartin Martin and the rest.

MUFCgal

I'm 25 years old and have supported Man United my whole life, so essentially I've grown up with Sir Alex Ferguson. He's simply the greatest manager I've ever seen, he's the most successful manager in the history of English football. I just can't imagine the day when he retires and somebody else has to take over the club I love dearly, it will be weird for me not seeing him coming down that tunnel, or sitting in the dugout or appearing on TV after a match with his face blood red giving off about referees :lol:

It's been a pleasure having him here at this club for so long, when you see managers getting the sack all over the place. He's stood the test of time and he has BEEN Manchester United for the past 20+ years.
I love you Sir Alex Ferguson, you're a genius and legend :devil:

Sylar

lol, im 23 and as with MUFCGal, Ferguson is the only manager ive known for United. Lucky to have him especially for as long as we've had with him consistently coming out on top. Legend and a statue of him outside OT is deserved.

busbysaces

Fergie you are a legend.

If you PM me the name of the cruel who keep packing chipolatas under you eyes I will hunt them down.

Handjob Bob

And e(r) must 8(on) this tagline
Not just a great, great manager - but a role model for so many, without you Sir Alex or you Sir Matt I fear this club would be a shadow of the club you have both made it.

Eternally grateful

Ander8on (sorry, would sign it properly, but to many weirdo's here).

Oh and I echo the comment made in the Fergie/Busby thread - would be wonderful to have a statue of them both looking back on the football club they helped build.

Fergies Formula

A living legend, will go down as the greatest alive. I love you Sir Alex, you have given us so much, and i will be sad to see you go.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
I cant imagine another manager at United. I was born 2 weeks after he was appointed. Gunna be a sad sad day when he goes.

Sonny Feehan

After the demise of the scouse influence on the media Fergie will be recognised for what he is. The greatest manager ever. No ifs, ands, or buts. His peers in management will testify to it as will players and fans.
Simply the best

December_16

I'm in! (3 weeks before he was appointed)

So my United life has been all about Fergie. Cant imagine the club in somebody else's hand

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Atheism in decline in England - report

LONDON, Nov 6 (Reuters) - A study to be released by Kingston University has shown that during the last twenty years the number of Britons claiming to be atheist has dramatically declined.

While parts of London registered a reduction in the late 90s and at the turn of the millennium, the most significant shift of any city occurred in Manchester researchers can reveal. Compared to figures recorded in the 1991 census, those with no belief in god has decreased by 80%.
Well that sure is a coincidence. ;)