Your one past United player as a summer transfer

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Man Utd's Ronaldo. I strongly believe the current iteration would struggle here.

AndyJ1985

Roy Keane. He'd give some of our under performers a good kick up their arse

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Keane is my favorite United player ever and the best of that era.

But the answer is Ronaldo.

TRD

How can you all forgot Eric Cantona. He is a complete forward and a complete mid-fielder. He changed the fortune of the club in 90s. We desperately need a player like him.

Johannes Martinus

Lack of experience in management and the biggest club in the world would be the main issues. Not a great mix.

Hopefully he can prove himself worthy of the job in years to come.
Its always the obvious answer isn't it? Seems like someone from the Class of '92 could be a dream situation for manager for several reasons. The team obviously lacks the backbone of a Keane, Giggs or Scholes.

ravi2

Roy Keane all day every day.
He would instantly elevate every player around him and players would start playing to their potential.

Brightonian

Agreed. One new player (no matter how talented he is individually) is not going to transform this current bunch of players. There is something rotten at the core here that needs fixing from the inside out. They need a mentality shift and there is only one cnut I can think of that could drag this squad to where they should be.
Chill Hamlet. We came second in the league.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
From all the players in United’s history, people are asking for a prime Nani or Chicharito?
:lol:

For me it’d be Best or Ronaldo - not only the two best players ability wise to play for United but both also address the weakest area of our team on the right wing.

Pushing them very close though would be Keane. We need a leader and someone to add some control to our midfield.

OldSchoolManc

Roy Keane.
No half assed performances from other players when he’s on the pitch.
We are missing that leader that grabs the whole team by the scruff of the neck and leads by example.

Inter Yer Nan

Ronaldo
Evra
Ferdinand

Those are the three areas I'd like to see improved this summer. RW, LB, CB but Keane also makes a whole lot of sense too.

Ronaldo would probably be #1 though.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Keano for me. Better players available for sure, more flair players like CR7 or Giggsy. But Keano brings a lot more than just raw football ability to the table. He won games in the tunnel before a ball was kicked. A leader on the pitch that has not been replaced since he left in my opinion. Added to that he had everything in his locker to a consistently high standard week in week out.

greggsy

Feck it, just sign Keane as assistant manager, he would'nt have stood for any of this nonsense from Martial. Gets along great with José as well.

Robbo*

Lee Sharpe would make a great attacking LB these days.

But Ronaldo or Best on the right side wouldn't go amiss.

Davs

This is, almost impossible to answer for me.

If you were allowed managers, of course SAF would be top of the list.

Players wise how do you approach this?

Vidic to give us a solid brick wall defence?
Cristiano to send us on our way to the title with a 40 goal season?
Scholesy in his peak to bag us a load of goals and added creativity to the middle?
Keano to add some steele and no nonsense back in the squad?

Saying that, Roy Keane and Pogba in the same team... don't think I can quite picture it!

Good question OP, I cannot decide!

Parry Gallister

Any of the below five seven

Scholes/Keane- need more creativity and bite from midfield
Rio - need the cbs to get the ball into attack faster, they're part the reason we're often slow
Beckham/GNeville - Huge gap in right wing, having a fullback who can actually deliver a ball too would make a difference
Ronnie/Cantona - Why wouldn't you?