Your XI made up of duff signings

Valencia Shin Crosses

Jesus, can't even exaggerate on here these days... Whilst we're fact checking, I also said he's been here a decade when in fact, he's only been here 8 years.

Though to be fair, ask an average United fan to close there eyes and remember a Martial goal, whats the first one you think most will think of?
Watford dinking Foster, Debut goal, FA semi winner, double against Chelsea, turning VVD at Soton

Just because he's done nothing of note since being crocked after 19-20 doesn't mean he's always been rubbish

Valencia Shin Crosses

The winner against Everton in the fa cup semi final, the goal against Watford with the dragback and flick over the keeper against Watford, the brace at Stamford bridge, a couple of screamers against Stoke, the goal against Fulham when he ran from his own half. He’s scored loads of good goals and important goals but revisionism is rife for certain players on this forum.
We basically had the same answer a minute apart, yeah pretty much disproves his theory

Yagami

Good post resistant
Let's do one before Fergie left. It's too easy post the great man because you could literally name any signing.

Barthez
Fabio Jones Blanc Buttner
Veron Djemba-Djemba
J.Cruyff Kagawa Obertan
Forlan
RB and the other CB after Blanc was slim pickings. I didn't pick Anderson in central midfield because he had some good performances and scored one of the penalties in 2008. I also left out Zaha because he was signed by Fergie but never played under him so, if Fergie had stayed on, he would have at least been given a shot in the first team.

ROFLUTION

Id pick all the vain and toxic ones mixed with Wout up top for them all to have someone else to blame and shout at.

Id also pick Pogba and Lingard to do dances when we score the final equalizer of the season that almost keeps us from avoiding relegation, just before Maguire heads it into his own goal. And it’ll all be orchestrated like a sinking Titanic with piano man Sanchez playing Glory glory man utd while we go down.

On the way home when the tourbus pulls over for every one to vomit and cry, Jamie Carragher pulls up and spit in their faces.

Puskas_007

3-4-3

Taibi (Just edges Lee Grant)

Prunier
Buttner
Telles

Pogba
Cruyff
Bellion
Obertan

Bebe
Dong Fangzhuo
Weghorst

Ibrahimorich

The best team or the worst team?
Best on paper would be:

Valdes

Darmian
Bailly
Blanc
Telles

Schweinsteiger
Pogba
Sanchez

Sancho
Di Maria
Falcao

Devil81

Bebe, Dong or Manucho...

How those three players ever graced the field for United is mental,

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Id pick all the vain and toxic ones mixed with Wout up top for them all to have someone else to blame and shout at.

Id also pick Pogba and Lingard to do dances when we score the final equalizer of the season that almost keeps us from avoiding relegation, just before Maguire heads it into his own goal. And it’ll all be orchestrated like a sinking Titanic with piano man Sanchez playing Glory glory man utd while we go down.

On the way home when the tourbus pulls over for every one to vomit and cry, Jamie Carragher pulls up and spit in their faces.
:lol:

stepic

Lindelof is a mental choice. Perfectly adequate squad player. Weve had far far worse cbs, which make up pretty much everyone else’s lists

golden_blunder

Staff
Lindelof is a mental choice. Perfectly adequate squad player. Weve had far far worse cbs, which make up pretty much everyone else’s lists
It’s not mental if you consider purely from a defender pov, imho Rojo and Bailley were better individual defenders. Of course both were nuts and injury prone but better defenders

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Hmm... I think Lindelof is OK. Not more, not less. I'd even argue that he is more value for money than Maguire.

But Rojo and Bailly were just bad.
I agree. Rojo and Bailly had some funny meme worthy moments. Lindelof isn't as bad as either of them, and had actual Mom performances for us.

Get fecked @golden_blunder

stepic

It’s not mental if you consider purely from a defender pov, imho Rojo and Bailley were better individual defenders. Of course both were nuts and injury prone but better defenders
nah they were both completely rash, prone to crazy errors. Lindelof way more solid at the back, which is what you want.

Thom Merrilin

Surely Lindelof can't be compared to Rojo, Bailly, Buttner, and Varela. I'm not a huge Lindelof fan but c'mon.

Speako

Barthez

Buttner
Prunier
Maguire
Telles

Milne
Ferguson
Bellion

Bebe
Gibson
Birtles

mu4c_20le

nah they were both completely rash, prone to crazy errors. Lindelof way more solid at the back, which is what you want.
Rojo when he first signed had a run of form next to Jones where he looked genuinely hard and unbeatable, not unlike Martinez last year, and Heinze before the injuries. I'll hand it to Lindy though for the longevity.

RVN1991

Carroll

Darmian
Rojo
Bailly
Buttner

Schneiderlein
VDB
Schweinsteiger

Sancho
Weghorst
Bebe

Speako

Nobody putting Prunier in ahead of Rojo or Bailly? Eric wasn’t all bad….. I’m sure he had his moments :wenger:

Controversial: Id also consider putting Bosnich or Bartez in goal.
well yeah, if you’d look at the previous posts ;):)

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Is the point of this to make the best XI out of players that didn't work out at United, or simply the worst players in each respective position?

golden_blunder

Staff
Is the point of this to make the best XI out of players that didn't work out at United, or simply the worst players in each respective position?
Whatever you want, no real point as such. If you want to make a team out of the worst you’ve seen (in your opinion) go ahead

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
If you want to make a team out of the worst you’ve seen (in your opinion) go ahead
Right. But that wouldn't be the best XI made up of duff signings.

So...er, yes. Thread title and all.

I'm confused (not angry, though).

Perhaps @duffer could offer some help and insight here.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The winner against Everton in the fa cup semi final, the goal against Watford with the dragback and flick over the keeper against Watford, the brace at Stamford bridge, a couple of screamers against Stoke, the goal against Fulham when he ran from his own half. He’s scored loads of good goals and important goals but revisionism is rife for certain players on this forum.
I already said it was an exaggeration... But it's not revisionism at all to say a) it's been a terribly signing and b) he's largely been crap.

We basically had the same answer a minute apart, yeah pretty much disproves his theory
It disproves the theory that his most memorable goal was on his debut? How exactly? Did you go out and ask 1000 United fans?

OL29

I already said it was an exaggeration... But it's not revisionism at all to say a) it's been a terribly signing and b) he's largely been crap.

It disproves the theory that his most memorable goal was on his debut? How exactly? Did you go out and ask 1000 United fans?
I think that’s subjective, it’s certainly not based on facts. He was good for the first few years although admittedly inconsistent. Either way, I don’t think he belongs anywhere near these sorts of lists. For 40m or so I can think of plenty of other names who have contributed less/ provided less value for money. He’s not been far off a 1 in 3 player which isn’t that bad considering he’s played in completely uninspiring attacks and on the left wing for a large part. It’s pretty similar to Rashford actually. And that’s without taking assists into consideration.

Valencia Shin Crosses

2 “average” United fans gave you a catalogue of Martial goals we both remembered without much trouble at all while you decided to “exaggerate”.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Have a tangent. :D

GK Neil Duffy
LB Flynn Duffy
RB Kieran Duffie
CB Shane Duffy
CB Michael Duff
LM Michael Duffy
RM Damien Duff
CM Bjarni Antonsson Duffield
CM Tyrone Duffus
ST Ciaran Kilduff
ST Eren Duff

The duffest XI I could find. Probably Dufftown FC. Sponsored by Duff beer. Obviously

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Jesus, can't even exaggerate on here these days... Whilst we're fact checking, I also said he's been here a decade when in fact, he's only been here 8 years.

Though to be fair, ask an average United fan to close there eyes and remember a Martial goal, whats the first one you think most will think of?
His debut v Liverpool. Has he even scored since?

Pes6Monster

1. Taibi
2. Darmien
3. Telles
4. Donaghy
5. Prunier
6. Djemba Djemba
7. Miller
8. DeBeek
9. Diouf
10. Antony
11. Bebe
No place for Bebe in that team.

No place in many teams for him, but here, he was okay at United. Scored three goals in like ten matches. Great dreads. Superb name.

Get him benched and Manucho in.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
2 “average” United fans gave you a catalogue of Martial goals we both remembered without much trouble at all while you decided to “exaggerate”.
That wasn't the even the point though? The point was his single most memorable goal for a lot of people will probably be his goal Vs. Liverpool. I don't think that's a particular crazy nor controversial statement to make.

Juan Mata scored a lot of goals for us, but if you asked an average United fan the first goal they think of, it'll probably be the Scissor kick at Anfield.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I think that’s subjective, it’s certainly not based on facts. He was good for the first few years although admittedly inconsistent. Either way, I don’t think he belongs anywhere near these sorts of lists. For 40m or so I can think of plenty of other names who have contributed less/ provided less value for money. He’s not been far off a 1 in 3 player which isn’t that bad considering he’s played in completely uninspiring attacks and on the left wing for a large part. It’s pretty similar to Rashford actually. And that’s without taking assists into consideration.
Oh of course, it's just my opinion... But it is in no way a revisionist one.