Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Ayoze Perez is a very good signing for Leicester I think. Have always been impressed with him.

Le Red

Am I the only one who thinks we will try to buy him in a couple of years and Leicester will ask for 130m?

Bjerring

Am I the only one who thinks we will try to buy him in a couple of years and Leicester will ask for 130m?
Think it is inevitable!
The club could do worse than add him to the group now, I can't help but feel, that Tielemans to Leicester would be done, if it wasn't for him waiting for another club!

Eleven-Eighteen

Him and AWB were the two signings I was actually looking forward to. :(

Bruno Fernandes and Longschlong don't exactly excite me.

Eleven-Eighteen

Tough crowd, I think he will be an elite player.
So do I, if we get him I think he will be an excellent addition.
Of course, I'm hoping beyond hope that I'm wrong. But I just get the feeling that he (like many before him) won't be able to cope with the lack of space and physicality of the Premier League. I also think he depends a lot on team mates around him making really good off the ball runs, which I'm yet to see in a United team of the past 6 years.

Again, I would be happiest if I'm proved wrong.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Then why are spurs going for Lo Celso and not him?
Honestly no idea, I haven't seen that much of Lo Celso, his stats aren't as good as Fernandes' but he does play in a superior league. I believe we were interested in Fernandes but Poch seems more keen on GLC, probably the Argentinian connection, couple of rumours this morning that the deal is almost done.

Bwuk

Perez signing for them makes me think he’ll be Maddison’s replacement and they’ll sign Tielemans?

Bestietom

Honestly no idea, I haven't seen that much of Lo Celso, his stats aren't as good as Fernandes' but he does play in a superior league. I believe we were interested in Fernandes but Poch seems more keen on GLC, probably the Argentinian connection, couple of rumours this morning that the deal is almost done.
Then Eriksen will be out.

Dahnsouff

Supports
Leicester City
Perez signing for them makes me think he’ll be Maddison’s replacement and they’ll sign Tielemans?
Don`t think so. Perez will play inside right, where he did his best work towards the end of last season for the magpies.

Bwuk

Maddison's a midfielder, Perez is a striker. They wont sell Maddison this summer.
Maddison played just off of Vardy.

Unless you force Maddison wide I struggle to see how you can fit Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy and Perez in the same side.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Unless you force Maddison wide I struggle to see how you can fit Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy and Perez in the same side.
Perez is competition for Vardy, Ndidi will hold, Tielemans box to box and Maddison in the no 10 role, Perez is a good player but not really a playmaker.

Bwuk

Perez is competition for Vardy, Ndidi will hold, Tielemans box to box and Maddison in the no 10 role, Perez is a good player but not really a playmaker.
I doubt Leicester are paying 30m for a bench player because no-one is putting Vardy out that side. 20 a season striker for a side like Leicester isn’t getting benched.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I doubt Leicester are paying 30m for a bench player because no-one is putting Vardy out that side. 20 a season striker for a side like Leicester isn’t getting benched.
He can play on the left too, I just don’t see him as a Maddison replacement. If they want £90M for Maguire they will be looking similar for Maddison who is only one year into his contract. Looking into the transfer more the initial fee seems only to be £16M with add ons. Versatile player who can cover a lot of positions, will probably use him like they used Okazaki.

Last edited:

Fox1884

Supports
Leicester City
Tielemans currently on a flight from Belgium into Birmingham airport, looking good for Leicester ;)

foxedup

Supports
Leicester

Unless you force Maddison wide I struggle to see how you can fit Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy and Perez in the same side.​

In formation we ended the season we'll line up like this....

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chillwell

Ndidi

Maddison Tielemans

Perez (Barnes/Albrighton or New Winger we want)

Vardy​

Bwuk

In formation we ended the season we'll line up like this....

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chillwell

Ndidi

Maddison Tielemans

Perez (Barnes/Albrighton or New Winger we want)

Vardy​
Looks a good side on paper. I think you’ve built a stronger starting 11 than us for sure.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
Looks a good side on paper. I think you’ve built a stronger starting 11 than us for sure.
Lots of potential, but there are so many young players in and around the squad it's been hard to get consistency. If you managed to harness them all into performing regularly at the same time it would be a fantastic team. But that's the hard part....

My worry is we're perhaps another season from seeing the best from them all, by which time Vardy is past his peak and one or two are angling for moves and you end up feeling like we never saw the true potential of the team.

Strength in depth isn't too bad either really, we have plenty of players who can step in. Again, lots of young talent though.

Ward

Justin Soyunca Benkovic Fuchs

Mendy

Choudhury Silva

Gray Albrighton

Iheanacho
In terms of squad I think we're a top quality winger and a back up striker away from being sorted

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not really. We've got a stronger starting 11 and squad than them as of last year. Matic, Herrera and Pogba was a stronger midfield than theirs. Shaw is a better LB than theirs. Our GK is miles better. Vardy and Perez is a mediocre attack. Were better stacked in this regard - Lukaku, Martial, Rashford etc Smalling and Lindelof are both better than Evans.

People have begun overrating Leicester players. Tielsman is the new Modric. Maddison the best AM about I presume (although I do really like this player and would like us to sign him).

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Not really. We've got a stronger starting 11 and squad than them as of last year. Matic, Herrera and Pogba was a stronger midfield than theirs. Shaw is a better LB than theirs. Our GK is miles better. Vardy and Perez is a mediocre attack. Were better stacked in this regard - Lukaku, Martial, Rashford etc Smalling and Lindelof are both better than Evans.

People have begun overrating Leicester players. Tielsman is the new Modric. Maddison the best AM about I presume (although I do really like this player and would like us to sign him).
Vardy and Perez scored 30 goals between them last season, Lukaku and Rashford scored 22, they don't have a mediorcre attack, that's just a stupid comment. Chilwell and Shaw I see no difference in quality wise tbh, their stats are pretty much the same. Leicester last season played the majority under Puel.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester

Vardy and Perez are Mediocre attack... they scored 30 goals last season. To put some perspective on that, it's two goals less that Lukaka, Martial and Rashford scored combined.

Shaw is a better left back, the third choice England left back behind ours.

Your lack of knowledge about our team is summed up with the Maddison / Tielemans comment. Maddison was frankly bang average last season, good start and a good end but in the middle he did nothing and looked lost. Tielemans was absolutely brilliant from the moment he joined and is the key in unlocking the talent in so many other players around him. His vision is like nothing I've seen for us before, with the exception of Cambiasso, who clearly was still brilliant in that regard, just with a body that couldn't back it up. He'll go to the top.

I think your squad has vastly more experience than ours, we're mistake riddled as times playing with about 6 under 22 players does that. And you have a player like Pogba, who whilst splitting opinions can be a match winner all on his own, with a squad with clearly more strength in depth if you need to rotate.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

I try to be positive about Man Utd but I have to say Leicester appear to have a very good starting XI whereas ours with potentially no Lukaku, Pogba and Herrera has a lot of question marks over it

De Gea > Schmeichel

AWB = Pereira - not a lot in this one, Pereira thus far has the edge in an attacking sense whereas AWB was better defensively last season)
Lindelof > Evans - a lot would argue there's not a lot in this one either. I give the edge to Lindelof given we've seen both play for United
Maguire = Maguire - I see little point ranking this one as I expect Maguire to be a United player come August
Shaw = Chillwell - nothing in this one

Matic < N'Didi - Leicester win this one
McTominay < Tielemans - another win for Leicester
Pogba > Maddison - however will Pogba even be at United next season? If not we're comparing Maddison with whoever we bring in as a replacement

Martial > Perez - if Martial can be arsed that is
Rashford < Vardy - Vardy's the better, that's just a fact
Lingard = Barnes - both pretty garbage

So we have the better keeper, defences are about the same, they top us in midfield, attacks are pretty even albeit Vardy alone is better than anyone we have

Sad sad state of affairs :(

amolbhatia50k

I try to be positive about Man Utd but I have to say Leicester appear to have a very good starting XI whereas ours with potentially no Lukaku, Pogba and Herrera has a lot of question marks over it

De Gea > Schmeichel

AWB = Pereira - not a lot in this one, Pereira thus far has the edge in an attacking sense whereas AWB was better defensively last season)
Lindelof > Evans - a lot would argue there's not a lot in this one either. I give the edge to Lindelof given we've seen both play for United
Maguire = Maguire - I see little point ranking this one as I expect Maguire to be a United player come August

Pogba > Maddison - however will Pogba even be at United next season? If not we're comparing Maddison with whoever we bring in as a replacement

So we have the better keeper, defences are about the same, they top us in midfield, attacks are pretty even albeit Vardy alone is better than anyone we have

You're comparing our midfields after Herrera has left without giving us the opportunity to replace him. Our midfield of last season was clearly better theirs. Tielsman was signed by Leicester while Herrera got picked up by PSG so it's clear he's an upgrade on the Belgian. Our defence barring Maguire is better. They have someone who wasn't good enough for us starting at CB. And our attack is vastly better (on paper).

We are poorly run without a doubt and I'd really like to see Maddison added to our team but their first choice 11 isn't better than us. And our squad is better by a fair bit.

amolbhatia50k

Vardy and Perez scored 30 goals between them last season, Lukaku and Rashford scored 22, they don't have a mediorcre attack, that's just a stupid comment. Chilwell and Shaw I see no difference in quality wise tbh, their stats are pretty much the same. Leicester last season played the majority under Puel.
We have a terribly distinctional attack that has failed for years depsite personnel. Leicester don't have the systemic issues do that make them play below the sum of their parts. I'd like to see how much teams would pay for Vardy and Perez as opposed to Lukaku/Martial/Lingard/Rashford.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You're comparing our midfields after Herrera has left without giving us the opportunity to replace him. Our midfield of last season was clearly better theirs. Tielsman was signed by Leicester while Herrera got picked up by PSG so it's clear he's an upgrade on the Belgian. Our defence barring Maguire is better. They have someone who wasn't good enough for us starting at CB. And our attack is vastly better (on paper).

We are poorly run without a doubt and I'd really like to see Maddison added to our team but their first choice 11 isn't better than us. And our squad is better by a fair bit.
And who are we replacing Herrera with? McTominay? Longstaff? Tielemans is an excellent young player, big question mark over his ability to handle a club as big as United given how his spell at Monaco went but if he can handle that he's better than any CM at United bar Pogba (and that includes last seasons Herrera)

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We have a terribly distinctional attack that has failed for years depsite personnel. Leicester don't have the systemic issues do that make them play below the sum of their parts. I'd like to see how much teams would pay for Vardy and Perez as opposed to Lukaku/Martial/Lingard/Rashford.
Leicester seemed to improve quite a bit under Rodgers

Morpheus 7

De Gea > Schmeichel

Vardy better than Rashford, are you drunk.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester

I'm sorry but your logic is so flawed... Tielemans was signed by Leicester, Herrera was signed by PSG so that automatically makes him better. Because smaller clubs can't possibly have or scout better players, compared to cash rich super clubs who constantly waste money on flops.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
For much of last season they clearly did, did you not follow the Puel story? Why has how much someone paid for them got to do with anything? Perez is worth £30M clearly and Vardy, given his age probably the same, still don't see the point in that really.

Status
Not open for further replies.