Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Vardy better than Rashford, are you drunk.
Vardy is a better striker at the moment its not even debatable. Rashford barely gets double figure league goals.

Vardy is certainly the superior finisher and has much better movement around the box too

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
Vardy's last 4 seasons (League only)
18 Goals
20 Goals
13 Goals
24 Goals

Rashford last 4 seasons (League only)
10 Goals
7 Goals
5 Goals
2 Goals

Clearly Rashford has time on his side, but if you're talking about wanting your Striker to put the ball in the net, it's not enough close is it?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We have a terribly distinctional attack that has failed for years depsite personnel. Leicester don't have the systemic issues do that make them play below the sum of their parts. I'd like to see how much teams would pay for Vardy and Perez as opposed to Lukaku/Martial/Lingard/Rashford.
It's not just that, Vardy and Perez played most mins.

For example combined they played 5661 mins and scored 26 goals (excluding penalties) (217 mins per goal)
Rashford + Lukaku = 22 goals in 4472 mins (203 mins per goal)
Rashford + Martial = 20 goals in 3969 mins (198 mins per goal)
Rashford + Martial + Lukaku = 32 goals in 6099 mins (190 mins per goal)

So all 3 combined played just 400 mins less than Vardy + Perez.

Numbers are not good enough but it's better than Leicester. It's just people overrate midtable teams when they play at decent level. For example Vardy is rated higher when he scored 14 goals (excluding penalties) in 2733 mins while Lukaku gets so much shit and he scored 12 goals in 2130 mins. Rashford scored 10 goals in 2345 mins and he started to play as CF only when Ole took over. Martial scored 10 goals in 1624 mins and he gets so much shit.

Morpheus 7

Vardy is a better striker at the moment its not even debatable. Rashford barely gets double figure league goals.

Vardy is certainly the superior finisher and has much better movement around the box too
Few other drunk people in here too then, fecking jokers in here seriously. If he was that superior how come he's never been picked up by a bigger club like Kante or Mahrez?
Never gets a run with England either, Rashford is a way better player. Chat Shit, get banged. That should be the strapline for the red cafe.

roonster09

Scout
Vardy's last 4 seasons (League only)
18 Goals
20 Goals
13 Goals
24 Goals

Rashford last 4 seasons (League only)
10 Goals
7 Goals
5 Goals
2 Goals

Clearly Rashford has time on his side, but if you're talking about wanting your Striker to put the ball in the net, it's not enough close is it?
They are not compared on their careers, if that's the case we have Matic who shits on every Leicester's midfielder.

Last season Vardy scored 18 league goals and 4 of them from penalties. 14 goals + 4 assists in 2733 mins (151 mins per G+A) and he played every min as a CF.
Rashford scored 10 goals and 6 assists in 2345 mins - 146 mins per G+A and he played half a season as winger.

You are comparing CF record with a player who played as winger for much of his career.

Cassidy

Few other drunk people in here too then, fecking jokers in here seriously. If he was that superior how come he's never been picked up by a bigger club like Kante or Mahrez?
Never gets a run with England either, Rashford is a way better player. Chat Shit, get banged. That should be the strapline for the red cafe.
Because he plays for United, or because he displays he is better?
I think Rashford has more potential, but I don't see how anyone in their right mind can call him a better striker now
BTW Vardy turned down a move to Arsenal.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If I was picking a combined 11 now I'd have more Leicester players than our own. Tielmanns, Maddison, Vardy, Chillwell, Ndidi n Maguire all walk into our side. Periera over AWB is another possibility.

The biggest difference between us and them is they don't have the depth we do. However how depressing is it that we are even comparing to LCFC, no offence to their fans intended but we are one of the 3 biggest clubs on the planet.

Cassidy

They are not compared on their careers, if that's the case we have Matic who shits on every Leicester's midfielder.

Last season Vardy scored 18 league goals and 4 of them from penalties. 14 goals + 4 assists in 2733 mins (151 mins per G+A) and he played every min as a CF.
Rashford scored 10 goals and 6 assists in 2345 mins - 146 mins per G+A and he played half a season as winger.

You are comparing CF record with a player who played as winger for much of his career.
Agree with this, but just watch them and look at their ability to find space and finish chances, its clear who is the superior CF right now.

roonster09

Scout

Because Rashford played as winger for most of his career.

For all the superior finisher talk, he scored 14, 15, 13, 19 goals (excluding penalties) in last 4 season and the last decent tally was when they won the league. Lukaku produced better numbers and our fans can't wait to see the back of him.

Cassidy

Because Rashford played as winger for most of his career.

For all the superior finisher talk, he scored 14, 15, 13, 19 goals (excluding penalties) in last 4 season and the last decent tally was when they won the league. Lukaku produced better numbers and our fans can't wait to see the back of him.
I'm not comparing his finishing to Lukaku but Rashford, who isn't a very good finisher yet. Bare in mind Lukaku is a superior finisher to Rashford at present

roonster09

Scout
Agree with this, but just watch them and look at their ability to find space and finish chances, its clear who is the superior CF right now.
Again, how is that superior finisher, superior movement player has scored just 14, 15, 13 league goals in last 3 seasons? That's not a good record, Lukaku has much better record and we give him so much shit. It's just a classic case of overrating player from midtable for scoring decent number of goals.

Cassidy

Again, how is that superior finisher, superior movement player has scored just 14, 15, 13 league goals in last 3 seasons? That's not a good record, Lukaku has much better record and we give him so much shit. It's just a classic case of overrating player from midtable for scoring decent number of goals.
I never once said his record was good, I said he is a superior finisher to Rashford, no point bringing up Lukaku who isn't even part of the conversation. If you think Rashford is the superior finisher fair enough, we agree to disagree. Maybe you overrate a player who came from the United academy?

roonster09

Scout
I'm not comparing his finishing to Lukaku but Rashford, who isn't a very good finisher yet. Bare in mind Lukaku is a superior finisher to Rashford at present
You are expecting Rashford to match Vardy's number when one is playing as CF and Rashford played almost all his career as winger except few months.

Even as winger last season (2017-18), Rashford scored 7 goals in 1810 mins which is 258 mins per goal or 150 mins per Goal + assist
Vardy scored 15 goals (excluding penalties) in 3258 mins which is 217 mins per goal or 203 mins per G+A

Rashford played as a winger and Vardy played as a CF.

roonster09

Scout
I never once said his record was good, I said he is a superior finisher to Rashford, no point bringing up Lukaku who isn't even part of the conversation. If you think Rashford is the superior finisher fair enough, we agree to disagree. Maybe you overrate a player who came from the United academy?
It's not about who is superior finisher, it's about who brings more to the team and better player. You are also rating who is better finisher based on number of goals when both players played in different position.

No, it's just the case "grass is always greener elsewhere".

Cassidy

You are expecting Rashford to match Vardy's number when one is playing as CF and Rashford played almost all his career as winger except few months.

Even as winger last season (2017-18), Rashford scored 7 goals in 1810 mins which is 258 mins per goal or 150 mins per Goal + assist
Vardy scored 15 goals (excluding penalties) in 3258 mins which is 217 mins per goal or 203 mins per G+A

Rashford played as a winger and Vardy played as a CF.
Show me where I say this?
At this point you are arguing points for no reason.

No shit one played as a winger and one as a CF so that means no one can have an opinion if one is better than the other as CF.... right ok.

Cassidy

It's not about who is superior finisher, it's about who brings more to the team and better player. You are also rating who is better finisher based on number of goals when both players played in different position.

No, it's just the case "grass is always greener elsewhere".
Since I actually stated he was a superior CF due to his finishing and movement it is. Did you see me say we should sign Vardy and replace Rashford? Or again are you just arguing points for no reason?

roonster09

Scout
Show me where I say this?
At this point you are arguing points for no reason.

No shit one played as a winger and one as a CF so that means no one can have an opinion if one is better than the other as CF.... right ok.

Yeah, arguing for no reason. :wenger:

Cassidy

Yeah, arguing for no reason. :wenger:
Its a fact he doesn't, if you want to compare Rashford to wide attackers..... again never said he should match Vardys numbers

roonster09

Scout
Since I actually stated he was a superior CF due to his finishing and movement it is. Did you see me say we should sign Vardy and replace Rashford? Or again are you just arguing points for no reason?
And you compared their goal stats to come to the conclusion when Rashford was playing as a winger. That's what I disagree with when you talk about finishing, movement and then his mins per goal is around the same as the one who played as winger.

Leicester_Loyal

Supports
Leicester
He was in talks with Arsenal, he rejected the offer and decided to stay here and sign another contract.

Vardy at the moment in definitely a better striker than Rashford, who is pretty overated, although he does obviously have a lot of time of his side.

Back to the thread, we are anxiously waiting for this one to be announced, our team looks a whole lot back than the start of last season, especially with a whole years more experience that they've gained.

Cassidy

And you compared their goal stats to come to the conclusion when Rashford was playing as a winger. That's what I disagree with when you talk about finishing, movement and then his mins per goal is around the same as the one who played as winger.
I actually didn't. I actually critiqued Rashfords goal record. I didn't even mention Vardys record so how did I manage to compare.
Its a fact Rashfords scoring record is nothing special, but he is young and I wouldn't expect it to be at this stage in his development.

Vardy is a better finisher and has better movement around the box, thats my opinion based on watching both not comparing stats.

Rashford has potential to be a much better CF if he keeps improving another opinion quite simple

roonster09

Scout
I actually didn't. I actually critiqued Rashfords goal record. I didn't even mention Vardys record so how did I manage to compare.
Its a fact Rashfords scoring record is nothing special, but he is young and I wouldn't expect it to be at this stage in his development.

Vardy is a better finisher and has better movement around the box, thats my opinion based on watching both not comparing stats.

Rashford has potential to be a much better CF if he keeps improving another opinion quite simple

It's obvious.

Anyways agree to disagree. There is no point.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It’s crazy stuff. Leicester has signed one player, Perez, and all of a sudden they’ve the better team? They finished 14 points behind us last season, a season where we sacked our manager and went on our worst run for over half a century. All of a sudden all our players are shite and theirs are brilliant. Apparently, we aren’t going to make another signing, either. :houllier:

Cassidy

It's obvious.

Anyways agree to disagree. There is no point.
Only in your mind where you seem to be telling someone else what their words meant... internet and all that, but I digress that is where I leave the conversation.

Lebowski

What a bizarre post.

Vardy turned down a move to Arsenal publicly a couple of years ago. Also, he retired from the national team last summer to prolong his club career as he didn't want to be a bench warmer for Kane, and Southgate made no secret of the fact that in the smaller games he would look to blood younger players to build for the future.

That notwithstanding, those two criteria are very problematic. Was Heskey a better striker than Le Tissier because he was bought by a big club and has more England caps?

I can't believe I'm actually defending Jamie the racist Vardy... I like Rashford and hope he goes on to be a much better player, but he is a precocious youngster with a hell of a lot to prove after 6 months of dire form. To say that Rashford is clearly a better player than one of the most prolific goalscorers in the league for the last few seasons is madness.

If you offered me the chance to swap Rashford for Vardy I would politely decline, but ask me to bet on which one will score more next season and I know where my money is going...

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Came here to read about Tielemans, left here disappointed after reading many long posts about Rashford vs Vardy.

Lebowski

Came here to read about Tielemans, left here disappointed after reading many long posts about Rashford vs Vardy.
Don't pretend that reading about Tielemans wouldn't also make you disappointed!

He's had his medical with Leicester and agreed personal terms apparently, although no fee has been agreed.

I would love us to fly in at the last second and Berbatov him.

starman

Utterly ridiculous if we let Leicester have a free run at him when hes avaiable for only 40m. Next year we will be putting in a 100m bid to them...

beingshe7don

Utterly ridiculous if let Leicester have a free run at him when hes avaiable for only 40m. Next year we will be putting in a 100m nid to buy him from them...
Apparently, our scouts and management believe Longstaff is priority.... Also, we are still unsure as to whether Pogba will remain with United or not. Tielemans will probably end up at Barcelona, Madrid or PSG in a couple seasons.... He'll only be 24 then as well getting to his prime. Scary thought but United have always been poor and acted poorly when it comes to making transfer decisions. It's always one end of the spectrum where we bid for expensive players or consider players that are merely potential....

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Utterly ridiculous if we let Leicester have a free run at him when hes avaiable for only 40m. Next year we will be putting in a 100m bid to them...
I'm prepared to cut the club some slack on this one, his move to Monaco was awful and it raised serious questions as to whether the lad can hack it and the highest level. If he continues to smash it at Leicester he'll be worth paying the extra to get him but that's a big if right now

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Honestly I was surprised that with all the players we were linked to we weren't all over this.

Would have added another quality player to our midfield when we're in need of one, shown he can do it in the Prem (was seriously impressed by him last season) and fits the bill because he's young. Not cheap, but not stupidly expensive either.

And we obviously could have got him ahead of Leicester if we got involved.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I'm prepared to cut the club some slack on this one, his move to Monaco was awful and it raised serious questions as to whether the lad can hack it and the highest level. If he continues to smash it at Leicester he'll be worth paying the extra to get him but that's a big if right now
40 million really isn't much in 2019, even if he doesn't quite cut it. If he has a top class season or two there's no way Leicester will let him go for anything near that, look at Maguire.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
40 million really isn't much in 2019, even if he doesn't quite cut it. If he has a top class season or two there's no way Leicester will let him go for anything near that, look at Maguire.
I dunno about that. Fred was 52m (ok so 12m more) and he's hardly looking like someone the majority of the fanbase are willing to excuse the club for signing. Like you said I'm surprised Spurs never pushed for him as they were linked with him every bit as much as we were

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I dunno about that. Fred was 52m (ok so 12m more) and he's hardly looking like someone the majority of the fanbase are willing to excuse the club for signing. Like you said I'm surprised Spurs never pushed for him as they were linked with him every bit as much as we were
True, but Tielemans is 22, was just sensational in his time at the PL and has been a big talent for a while. Sure he had his struggles but as a young player that's not unexpected.

I feel like a 40 mill punt for the chance of getting a potentially world class cm in 2019 is nothing, certainly I'd have been happy if we took that risk. Just surprises me that Leicester have been able to seal this one, but fair play to them because he was so key to their great form at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.