Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

RU Devil

Liecester have a solid team, Chillwell, Maddison, Ndidi, Maguire and Vardy are all good players. Its surprising that they're 8th, they ought to be challenging for top four with that squad.
Not helped by managerial turmoil, although Brendan could make things interesting. Definitely have enough parts to be in the mix, but too many of their players are being eyed by top clubs. If they stay, they could be top 6 contenders, possibly with Utd & Arsenal at risk.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Wonder if we can deploy him to be the next Pirlo by playing him in that no 6 role just like how Juve did on Pjanic and partner him with more defensive midfielder type. If it works, £40m sounds like bargain to me.

Le Red

Longstaff - Tielemans - Fernandes looks a sick midfield and it would be so easy to get that by selling Pogba.

Eleven-Eighteen

Longstaff - Tielemans - Fernandes looks a sick midfield and it would be so easy to get that by selling Pogba.
Sounds positively underwhelming. Tielemans being the only stand out player among the three.

And he only stands out *because* of the other two.

izec

Another one gone then. The midfielders are disappearing slowly, i hope we wake up soon. Seems like we are putting all our eggs in the Longstaff and Bruno basket

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Liecester have a solid team, Chillwell, Maddison, Ndidi, Maguire and Vardy are all good players. Its surprising that they're 8th, they ought to be challenging for top four with that squad.
Not really. People vastly overrated Wolves and Leicester players. Neither have a top 4 squad challenging squad. They as you say hate a solid team which is good for 7th-9th only.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
A squad wins titles and challenges for the major trophies/top four. Injuries, suspensions, tiredness to a few of your elite players can wreck a season.

Wayne's World

He's extremely overrated. Done nothing and looked totally out of place in the French league, granted he's put in a couple of decent performances for Leicester but nothing entirely stand out to be worth 40 million.

There's better midfielders out there who would put an impact into United's squad

L1nk

Many journo's have said he's on our list but not a priority, where as Longstaff seems to be everywhere.

Genuinely get the feeling, even though I think Tielemans would be vastly better, that we are only preferring Longstaff because he's English, and if that's true, to hell with this Brexit FC mentality crap.

flappyjay

Many journo's have said he's on our list but not a priority, where as Longstaff seems to be everywhere.

Genuinely get the feeling, even though I think Tielemans would be vastly better, that we are only preferring Longstaff because he's English, and if that's true, to hell with this Brexit FC mentality crap.
Dont really know Longstaff apart from what I saw on the clips. What saw from the clips is a completely different player from Tielemans. So it's probably more of which type of midfielder we are trying to get. Looking at the type Longstaff is I would prefer Partey from Atletico

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Brilliant 2 signings for them, nice to see the Tielimens repaying the faith shown in him. Undoubtedly other clubs were bound to be in for him at that price for a player of his age and quality.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Yeah pretty happy with Perez, good cover for Vardy but also an option on the right wing

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Top 4 ? Tell me what you are smoking.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
He's extremely overrated. Done nothing and looked totally out of place in the French league, granted he's put in a couple of decent performances for Leicester but nothing entirely stand out to be worth 40 million.

There's better midfielders out there who would put an impact into United's squad
A couple of decent performances? The lad was absolutely outstanding and one of the best players I've seen pull on a shirt for us at a very young age. His vision and ability on the ball stood out a mile, it makes me laugh to see people cream over Maddison (I presume based on stats). Becuase frankly he wasn't fit to lace this guys boots. He is capable of taking us from being an 8th, 9th, 10th type position, to a serious challenger to the top 6 if everyone stays fit. That's how much of an impact he's had.

bond19821982

On paper at least, they arguably have better players in more positions than both Arsenal & United.
Typical case of underestimating our players and overestimating their players.

Evans is a united reject, Maddison has huge potential but nothing to show as of now. Barnes and Albrighton are midtable quality. Chilwel and Perrera are great going forward but suspect defensively.

Vardy as good as he is, he wouldn't get into the top 6 teams (yes, I rate Lukaku above him). Chelsea - probably but he wouldn't fit their style.

Do they have potential - yes. But should they be challenging for top 4 - not with last year's team anyway.
Don't even know why am I arguing this !

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Id say they will be challenging, Rodgers has a very good 1st team squad of players and a 20 goal a season striker, early days but the turn around from under Puel is renarkable, he is off to a 50% win ratio. His last 3 games he beat Arsenal, City and drew with Chelsea, if the keep players fit, they will have a very good season IMO. Overall they have a better first team than Arsenal IMO.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
It's not just about what they are now but the potential, a lot of our players were under 22 and only player their first or second season in the league.

Kasper (Ward

Ricardo (James Justin) Evans (Benkovic) Maguire (Soyuncu) Chilwell (Fuchs)

Ndidi (Mendy)

Tielemans (New player or Adrien Silva) Maddison (Choudhury)

Perez (Gray) Barnes (Albrighton)

Vardy (New Player or Iheanacho)
I think we are a slice of luck and a new backup striker / backup attacking CM away from a squad capable of doing something and by all accounts the money is there to do it this summer.

bond19821982

Id say they will be challenging, Rodgers has a very good 1st team squad of players and a 20 goal a season striker, early days but the turn around from under Puel is renarkable, he is off to a 50% win ratio. His last 3 games he beat Arsenal, City and drew with Chelsea, if the keep players fit, they will have a very good season IMO. Overall they have a better first team than Arsenal IMO.
They will not. Period
Top 6 - long shot.

bond19821982

It's not just about what they are now but the potential, a lot of our players were under 22 and only player their first or second season in the league.

Kasper (Ward

Ricardo (James Justin) Evans (Benkovic) Maguire (Soyuncu) Chilwell (Fuchs)

Ndidi (Mendy)

Tielemans (New player or Adrien Silva) Maddison (Choudhury)

Perez (Gray) Barnes (Albrighton)

Vardy (New Player or Iheanacho)
I think we are a slice of luck and a new backup striker / backup attacking CM away from a squad capable of doing something and by all accounts the money is there to do it this summer.
Thats a midtable line up. No one from top 6 would exchange their squad with the above (based on last years performance)

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
Thats a midtable line up. No one from top 6 would exchange their squad with the above (based on last years performance)
You seem to be forgetting that they were playing under Puel for most of the season, it's hardly a shock that we had something like top 3/4 form from the moment Rodgers came in.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
That'll be why basically all our players are linked with the top 6 clubs on a daily basis then.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I have seen a lot of United fans wanting, Maguire, Ndidi, Maddison and Tielimens.
and lets be honest its Vardy's age as to why people wouldn't want him, Klopp would love him if he could have gotten mid 20's Vardy, Vardy is still better than Rashford as well and better than anything Chelsea have

bond19821982

I have seen a lot of United fans wanting, Maguire, Ndidi, Maddison and Tielimens.
Exactly, not the whole team. I also like Diop,Rice and Anderson from Westham / Gueye, Richarlison from Everton.

Point is they have some exciting youngsters but not really a squad to challenge top 4

bond19821982

That'll be why basically all our players are linked with the top 6 clubs on a daily basis then.
I don't see any links for Evans, Barnes, Vardy or Albrighton - did I miss something?

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Other side of the coin, I don't see many enquiries being made for ANY of United's players, for whatever reason.
Even Lukaku only has Inter and we couldn't even give Jones away to West Ham....:lol:

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I don't see any links for Evans, Barnes, Vardy or Albrighton - did I miss something?
I think man for man their squad is better than that of Arsenal. If we manage to get Tierney and Zaha/winger then things might be different, but as of now the only position Arsenal are better off is at striker. And Arsenal will be challenging for top four, I don't think its a great stretch of imagination to think that Liecester will be there or thereabouts. They did manage to beat Arsenal and Tottenham to the title no reason to think they won't be able to repeat that feat, if just to reach the top four.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I think man for man their squad is better than that of Arsenal. If we manage to get Tierney and Zaha/winger then things might be different, but as of now the only position Arsenal are better off is at striker. And Arsenal will be challenging for top four, I don't think its a great stretch of imagination to think that Liecester will be there or thereabouts. They did manage to beat Arsenal and Tottenham to the title no reason to think they won't be able to repeat that feat, if just to reach the top four.
you have the better keeper too

Status
Not open for further replies.