Youssoufa Moukoko

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Barcelona are interested in signing him. Let's see if he wants to go.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Barcelona are interested in signing him. Let's see if he wants to go.
Let’s see if he’s happy to play for a free subscription to Spotify and some paella

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Didn't realise you were interested, would set you guys quite nicely across the squad for the future.
Yes, Barcelona is very interested. Another thing is that the player thinks that he is not going to have too many minutes.

Barcelona has no choice but to sign players who end their contract in the summer. Right now the options are Iñigo Martínez, Kanté and Moukoko.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Let’s see if he’s happy to play for a free subscription to Spotify and some paella
It seems that Lewandowski and Kounde really liked paella and Spotify.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Pay De Jong and Messi before you worry about new recruitment ;)
When they have not been paid? They love paella and Spotify. And I think Murtough too, he spent 3 months in the summer in Barcelona, obviously it wasn't to sign De Jong.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I have a feeling we'll go for this lad, pretty sure Chelsea are signing that Fofana from Molde, who is a similar profile and we do need a CF.
But why would he go to Millwall?

Andre Kagawa

We should be all in for him, surely? Can play RW as well and cover for/challenge Antony.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Not really for them. They’ll try to cut wages and then go spend £100m on someone else
That would obviously be unreasonable. But the general idea to not pay Moukoko whatever he wants is a good one.

CM

Six month loan for Depay, sign this guy on a free in July
That should definitely be the plan, although I can't remember us ever signing a player on a pre-contract agreement. Zaha probably the closest, when we signed him in January and loaned him back?

Moukoko would save us a lot of headaches if we could do it. You don't often get a young player with high potential for a tribunal fee, saves the hassle of having to negotiate with Dortmund and would be nice for us to sign a striker who isn't approaching or over 30 for a change! Our squad planning needs to get a lot better than it has been in recent years.

Erik the Red

That should definitely be the plan, although I can't remember us ever signing a player on a pre-contract agreement. Zaha probably the closest, when we signed him in January and loaned him back?

Moukoko would save us a lot of headaches if we could do it. You don't often get a young player with high potential for a tribunal fee, saves the hassle of having to negotiate with Dortmund and would be nice for us to sign a striker who isn't approaching or over 30 for a change! Our squad planning needs to get a lot better than it has been in recent years.
The way you play it is you sign him on a pre-contract agreement to start next season, and then make a cheeky offer to Dortmund of a couple of million to move in January.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I think that’s a good and reasonable thing to do on their part.
I wish Bartomeu had done that at the time.

Not really for them. They’ll try to cut wages and then go spend £100m on someone else
Barcelona has a very strict FFP and will hardly have money to sign. Some players who end up free and perhaps a medium investment.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
He needs to think of the game time he would get at each club, he can look at United and know we are short of options up front and would be getting a lot of minutes on the pitch, providing he performs. If money is so tight then we should be going all in for free transfers, even nab Depay for the next 18 months as well while were at it.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Chelsea will be going very hard after this kid, they are swinging at everything. Saw that Moukokou liked ‘their pitch’. Sure, they don’t have a striker. Will Moukokou become their No 9? Of course not. They will buy 3-4 other guys at least. Potter has actually never been that keen of bringing youth into his teams. He is tremendously good at spotting raw talent that he can get max production from in very specialized roles. And I say he, not Brighton’s scouting department, because Potter have done it everywhere he has been. But youth players? I don’t think he brought up many over the years.

I don’t have an opinion on Moukokou. I’ve seen him 3-4 times for Dortmund, he is very hard to rate. It’s not like you are blown away by his youth highlights. He has been decent for Dortmund, not great, but at the same time, can much more be expected from a young player early on his career in the Bundesliga. Moukokou is more of a poacher than say a Garnacho who stands out with his drives with the ball.

I would love to hear the opinion on him from someone who is a scout or at least has seen him more. Does he have genuine potential? Physically he has zero growth potential.

Mainoldo

Fabrizio told TUS to watch out for us trying to steal him off Barca.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Chelsea will be going very hard after this kid, they are swinging at everything. Saw that Moukokou liked ‘their pitch’. Sure, they don’t have a striker. Will Moukokou become their No 9? Of course not. They will buy 3-4 other guys at least. Potter has actually never been that keen of bringing youth into his teams. He is tremendously good at spotting raw talent that he can get max production from in very specialized roles. And I say he, not Brighton’s scouting department, because Potter have done it everywhere he has been. But youth players? I don’t think he brought up many over the years.

I don’t have an opinion on Moukokou. I’ve seen him 3-4 times for Dortmund, he is very hard to rate. It’s not like you are blown away by his youth highlights. He has been decent for Dortmund, not great, but at the same time, can much more be expected from a young player early on his career in the Bundesliga. Moukokou is more of a poacher than say a Garnacho who stands out with his drives with the ball.

I would love to hear the opinion on him from someone who is a scout or at least has seen him more. Does he have genuine potential? Physically he has zero growth potential.
He never relied much on his physicality, as proven by his record breaking stats in youth leagues, playing against players who were 3-4 years older.

And actually this season he performs very well for Dortmund I think. 6 goals and 6 assists in 1187min playing times, just established himself as their first choice striker and that after just turning 18, breaking every record for "youngest Bundesliga player to do X" on the way.

So I think there definitely is a lot of potential in him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It would be a shame for us to not to do to Dortmund what they do to every other club. We’ve probably paid for their next 20 project players at this rate. It’s a position we need a long term prospect in. I really hope we get this done. It’s not like we don’t scout Dortmund.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
It would be a shame for us to not to do to Dortmund what they do to every other club. We’ve probably paid for their next 20 project players at this rate. It’s a position we need a long term prospect in. I really hope we get this done. It’s not like we don’t scout Dortmund.
Seriously, I agree. It wouldn’t be without value in itself to stick it to them.

Nick7

Does Chicharito count? We bought him in like February/March and he joined in the summer. Amad we ended up buying too late in September and he joined in January. But yeah can’t think of any free agents we signed early before their contract ended.

RVN1991

Do you mean you never see him getting any stronger? Because from the little I've seen of him he looks rather small.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Do you mean you never see him getting any stronger? Because from the little I've seen of him he looks rather small.
To put it like this, if you look at a kid like centre back Tyler Fredricson in our U18 team who is just a couple of months younger than Moukokou, you would physically expect him to be on a different planet in 4-5 years. He is a kid who is not done growing yet. It is not that uncommon for athleets to keep growing past 18, since growth can be delayed due to hard practice. He could even become a couple of inches taller.

You can of course always improve physically, I didn't mean that Moukokou can't work on his physic. But he is a kid who was done "growing" when he was "12". Dortmund's own U23 coach said that he probably was at least a couple of years older than his birth certificate at the time, but that it hardly mattered since he was playing with the U17 team and that he definitely was not 5 years older than his birth certificate. I don't know if he is 18 or 20 or whatever, and I don't really care. It doesn't really matter. Some are done growing when they are 15 others when they are 20. Moukokou is done growing now, that is the relevant parameter. Someone like Jude Bellingham also won't grow physically, even if he is just 19. Tyler Fredrickson can be a lot more explosive, stronger, when he is 20 than when he turned 18. Bellingham won't have that development, he had it when he was 16/17. Another one who obviously was an early bloomer was Wayne Rooney.

Don't know if this makes sense. Normally when you watch an 18 y/o, you watch someone that has potential to grow physically, become a lot faster, stronger etc. Tyler Fredrickson definitely have that potential. Wayne Rooney did not. Moukokou don't. Hence its relevant to look at where Moukokou is physically today, you can't expect a ton of development across the board.

Mainoldo

To put it like this, if you look at a kid like centre back Tyler Fredricson in our U18 team who is just a couple of months younger than Moukokou, you would physically expect him to be on a different planet in 4-5 years. He is a kid who is not done growing yet. It is not that uncommon for athleets to keep growing past 18, since growth can be delayed due to hard practice. He could even become a couple of inches taller.

You can of course always improve physically, I didn't mean that Moukokou can't work on his physic. But he is a kid who was done "growing" when he was "12". Dortmund's own U23 coach said that he probably was at least a couple of years older than his birth certificate at the time, but that it hardly mattered since he was playing with the U17 team and that he definitely was not 5 years older than his birth certificate. I don't know if he is 18 or 20 or whatever, and I don't really care. It doesn't really matter. Some are done growing when they are 15 others when they are 20. Moukokou is done growing now, that is the relevant parameter. Someone like Jude Bellingham also won't grow physically, even if he is just 19. Tyler Fredrickson can be a lot more explosive, stronger, when he is 20 than when he turned 18. Bellingham won't have that development, he had it when he was 16/17. Another one who obviously was an early bloomer was Wayne Rooney.

Don't know if this makes sense. Normally when you watch an 18 y/o, you watch someone that has potential to grow physically, become a lot faster, stronger etc. Tyler Fredrickson definitely have that potential. Wayne Rooney did not. Moukokou don't. Hence its relevant to look at where Moukokou is physically today, you can't expect a ton of development across the board.
Gareth Bale?
Steven Gerrard?
Danny Welbeck?

But I kind of get it. Pretty hard to guess someone’s genetics Though. Two brothers can have different growth paths.

Erik the Red

As I've said earlier, what they should do is tie up a summer move, then Dortmund are in a much weaker negotiating position as they know the player is focused on his next club. Then we offer £5m for an immediate 6 month loan till the move becomes permanent in the summer.