Zidane sack watch - 19/20

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's done very well considering how poor they looked for most of last season.

Bojan11

Another title for him. Surely people need to stop calling him fluke.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s just insane. His game to trophy ratio is absolutely incredible.

Makelele

Incredible how much juice he managed to press out of those sun dried los blancos.

NoLogo

Amazing. The way Real looked at the start of the season I would have never thought they could pull off a league win. I mean it helps that Barca is in complete shambles and eating itself from the inside but credit where credit is due, well done Zizou and the Madrid team.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He already had a lot of influence in Madrid, he may become a demigod.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Please never change the thread title.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
209 games managed, 3 Champions Leagues and 2 La Liga (2 World Club Cup, 2 European Super Cup, 2 Spanish Super Cup)

Incredible
That’s insane, I wonder if he would have had the same record at a club like Celta Vigo

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Came along way since being 5 0 down at halftime in pre season to Atletico.

Seriously though, the last 4 or 5 games have been a disgrace, easy to win with every decision going your way.

Wreh

Supports
Arsenal
That’s insane, I wonder if he would have had the same record at a club like Celta Vigo
If it was so easy then how come Rafa benitez, Santiago Solari and Julen Lopetegui didn't manage to do it? i don't even think Benitez lasted 6 months.

Cal?

CR7 fan
How many have tried and failed to win anything of note with Real Madrid in recent years?

Revan

Assumptionman
The best manager in the world, I guess.

Real was shit, he goes there in midseason and wins UCL (actually had more points than any other club that season since he joined). Then on the next season he wins the league and UCL (first ever manager to defend UCL), then he defends UCL again.

People call it a fluke. He leaves.

Real lose Ronaldo and turn to shit. He goes back, and well, he wins the league again on the first attempt. If he wins the UCL, there should be no doubt that he is the best manager in the world, and one of the greatest managers of all time. In fact, he is already there (IMO).

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Doesn’t seem to get the respect he deserves. His managerial and playing career is just unreal. Surely no one has a better record than he has

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Yeah, he only won 2 leagues and 3 cls by fluke...

Hats off Zidane!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Came along way since being 5 0 down at halftime in pre season to Atletico.

Seriously though, the last 4 or 5 games have been a disgrace, easy to win with every decision going your way.
I'll say we were kind of owed a few mistakes going our way :lol:

Pre-lockdown we were getting screwed every third game pretty much

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It's not going to happen but Florentino may use every tricks possible to try to please him.
I think he won't want forwards. It´s said he wants Jovic another year, but he needs something else for midfield. I wonder what his priority will be (ignoring Pogba)

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
At the begginning of the season I thought it was nearly impossible to win the league with such a limited strikeforce and just 4 CMs instead of the previous 6, but he's done extremely well defensively. I wasn't expecting this at all.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

If he gets Mbappe he will win a treble. Can't think of a better fit for his team really, a very fast goalscorer with excellent off the ball movement is lacking in that side.
All the balls that Vinicius waste ... how many of them would end in goals with Mbappe? Quite a lot.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
So what does Zidane do as a manager? Obviously, he is very good; but I have no idea what his trademark 'thing' is. For other managers, you often hear about their tactics or key players or whatever. But I never read about Zidane's tactical approach and with Ronaldo gone, Madrid doesn't really have one superstar that people can claim carries the team. (Whether or not that was the case with Ronaldo previously; I'm just saying that narrative is definitely gone now.) So what does Zidane do to make his teams so successful?

Eddy_JukeZ

So what does Zidane do as a manager? Obviously, he is very good; but I have no idea what his trademark 'thing' is. For other managers, you often hear about their tactics or key players or whatever. But with Ronaldo gone, Madrid doesn't really have one superstar that people can claim carries the team. (Whether or not that was the case with Ronaldo previously; just saying that narrative is definitely gone now.) So what does Zidane do to make his teams so successful?
This might not go down well on here, but he is very SAF-esque imo(without the hair-dryer treatment as far as I'm aware).

Adaptable and great tactically. Amazing man manager and he's just a winner.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If he gets Mbappe he will win a treble. Can't think of a better fit for his team really, a very fast goalscorer with excellent off the ball movement is lacking in that side.
All the balls that Vinicius waste ... how many of them would end in goals with Mbappe? Quite a lot.
Vini and Mbappé are meant to play together :drool:

Honestly we do need cover at RB and in midfield. Pogba would be awesome, but anybody fast and mobile and dynamic would do. Also probably a LB because i fear Marcelo is done :(

We need Hazard to get fit and be Hazard, and a right-sided forward with goals. Mbappé awesome, if not i'd want us to go for Sancho honestly. But i don't think we'll have the money

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Just keeps shutting people up :drool:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So what does Zidane do as a manager? Obviously, he is very good; but I have no idea what his trademark 'thing' is. For other managers, you often hear about their tactics or key players or whatever. But I never read about Zidane's tactical approach and with Ronaldo gone, Madrid doesn't really have one superstar that people can claim carries the team. (Whether or not that was the case with Ronaldo previously; I'm just saying that narrative is definitely gone now.) So what does Zidane do to make his teams so successful?
If you can watch the CL campaigns that he won. His trademark is tactical adaptability and being able to communicate clearly with his players, Real Madrid their CLs by always making tactical tweaks during games.