Zlatan Ibrahimovic | Rises a day early

El Pasillo

There is nothing wrong as having him as the best striker after R9 era.
Yes, it definitely is.

The likes of Thierry Henry, Lewandowski, Suarez, David Villa, Eto'o, Cavani, Van Nistelrooy etc. are/were better strikers than Zlatan. Saying otherwise, is just bias.

Last edited:

GM K

Yes, it definitely is.

The likes of Thierry Henry, Lewandowski, Suarez, David Villa, Eto'o, Cavani, Van Nistelrooy etc. are/were better strikers than Zlatan. Saying otherwise, is just bias.
Yes, maybe some of them were better strikers but none was a better footballer. I think Zlatan is often underrated.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Am i the only one questioning the keeper being that far off his line. It wouldn’t have taken him that long to get back in goal from the freekick.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I can say this now he's left. I absolutely love Ibrahimovic. Hope to see more of this stuff before he hangs up his boots for good.

Varun

Staff
The bolded are just nonsense in fairness. And I loved RVN.
Nah, these names are justified for rating them as better strikers than Ibra.

As for RVN, he was ridiculously clinical in front of goal. Makes sense to mention his name.
Yeah that's just bollox.
Nah, it's completely fair.

Zlatan is still one of the best strikers I've ever seen nonetheless.
High quality debate that :lol:

High quality debate that :lol:
ha ha!

I considered bringing up titles, goal stats, POTY awards, assist stats, longevity, doing it in every top league and at International level etc etc and then I just looked at some of the names on his list again and thought, this guy obviously aint a massive fan and despite how much I engage I know the reply. So thankfully I thought better of it for once :lol:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yes, it definitely is.

How can you justify Lewandowski and Cavani above Zlatan? I can see the arguments for most of the others although I disagree with pretty much all of them bar Henry, Eto'o and maybe Suarez.

LuenerLinguist

Lewandowski and Zlatan have the same number of CL goals, but Zlatan has 50 games more. If you only judge them as strikers, Lewandowski is clearly better.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Yes, it definitely is.

The only one that's clearly ahead of Zlatan in that list is Henry. Plus he beats most on longevity, while their peaks are around the same level

Lightbringer

Zlatan conquered Los Angeles, MLS in 20 minutes. - Ibracadabra show!

The Lion is still hungry, Hollywood awaits next!

Are you not entertained?

Are you still unsure of what you just witnessed, you just saw god.

Its Zlatan-time!

Giggs86

He's going to tear the MLS apart. It's going to be man vs kids every game he plays.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
That was on the cards the second he signed for LA.

I love the guy, though the fecking curl on that volley is unreal. Proud to say I've had the opportunity to watch him live.
I see him as a eastern European gangster in the next fast and furious :wenger:

People saying the keeper was at fault sure.. Flip it, how many players would think to take the shot from there?

jem

Zlatan: "I heard the crowd chanting "we want Zlatan, we want Zlatan." So I gave them Zlatan."

This guy.
The best thing is how he clearly gets how amusing/ridiculous the whole act is, while at the same time totally believing in it (if that makes any sense...)

IMakeThingsUp

I just rewatched all his goals and assists etc from last season. I really wonder how he would have done instead of Lukaku this year if he hadn't been injured.

BTG

The best thing is how he clearly gets how amusing/ridiculous the whole act is, while at the same time totally believing in it (if that makes any sense...)
It just took on a life of it's own.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Like the man needed another highlight real goal.. :D The commentary is great as well, COME ON!!

jem

Like the man needed another highlight real goal.. :D The commentary is great as well, COME ON!!
It was great - just thankful it wasn't that idiot with the Geordie accent who often commentates on US broadcasts.

Vanrouge

It was great - just thankful it wasn't that idiot with the Geordie accent who often commentates on US broadcasts.
Ha ha. Ray Hudson. He would have said, "Magisterial from the greatest Swede since Nobel! Framed like a total Bergman film, all stark angles and monochrome poetry. Like ABBA themselves, like IKEA, he's greater than the sum of his parts."

jem

Ha ha. Ray Hudson. He would have said, "Magisterial from the greatest Swede since Nobel! Framed like a total Bergman film, all stark angles and monochrome poetry. Like ABBA themselves, like IKEA, he's greater than the sum of his parts."
Oh god, I can totally hear it now! It's horrific!

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
That sounds more like the late, great Sid Waddell!

Vanrouge

Oh god, I can totally hear it now! It's horrific!
I remember when he said something like, "Lady Luck, showing her big fat cellulite-laden behind to Real Madrid." Or what about, "They dropped their knickers like a Turkish whore." In that Geordie accent! I think he gets away with it because Americans have no idea what he's saying. :lol:

MarcRed96

Was a pleasure to watch him in a United shirt even if it was in his twilight years. Tragic that a player of his talent never won the Champions League but in spite of that he's still had some career.

That first goal is truly fantastic by the way. Doubt his ability to pull off moments like that will ever leave him no matter how long he plays and I trust we'll see many more goals like that (well, maybe not quite like that) during his time in the MLS.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
:lol: I've only heard some compilations of him and I think they are absolutely fantastic. Though I can see how it can become way, way too much if you have to listen to him for a full 90min every single game.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I see him as a eastern European gangster in the next fast and furious :wenger:

People saying the keeper was at fault sure.. Flip it, how many players would think to take the shot from there?
Hardly any, Stoke had the ball fall at the feet of the attacker with the keeper near the corner flag today and didn't shoot.

criticalanalysis

Came in wondering how come no one's mentioned he was offside for the winner but stayed to quote this :lol::lol::lol: