Zlatan Rejoins United

How do you feel about Zlatan signing for another year?

• Total voters

vk20legend

Wonderful addition. The team will benefit from his talent as well as leadership. Lukaku can learn loads from him and become even more deadly.

What number though? 10 or 7?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Is he genuinely fit again? Can't see him not starting, two up top for you guys?

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Glad he's back. I just hope he's managed well by Mourinho and not just thrown in as our starting striker once he regains his fitness.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This could be the key for Lindelof in terms of faster accomodating to the new enviroment.

GrandJury

He hasn't. Still months away from playing. Rumor is, he's targeting the Spurs game on 28.10 for his return, which would be way ahead of schedule.
Ah okay, I saw a video of him doing some kicks and he looked like he had fully recovered. What a beast.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Great news, when can we expect him back in action realistically?

Rajma

It's tough on Lukaku that despite his good start he's going to have to sit on the bench when Jose's beloved Zlatan comes back.
Jose is not deluded, who in their right mind would want to undermine their long-term striker? Same with Zlatan knowing that he's going to be merely a back-up, one hell of the back-up if he recovers fully mind.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Fine with this assuming he's a squad player. By all accounts, he was (and should be) a positive presence in the dressing room and a great squad sub (who can slot straight in) if Lukaku needs a rest, we need to change game tactics, v certain types of oppo, Lukaku injured.

Just wait for the "he slows the play down" or "he stops Rashford game time" comments?

Shiva87

Good stuff. One heck of a squad. Now we have two 20+ goals strikers in the squad. Neither one should be worn out by the end of the season. Awesome!

dellboyy

Perfect both for Lukaku backup, and from the bench when needed... they ain't all gonna be easy to win!

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Right? I'd have probably done it last year if I'd liked the shirt. Plus there's something about #10.
Yeah, Ibra #10 hits the spot. This could be legendary, fingers crossed.

Al-jose Mourin-son

Amazing to see him back. What a striker at 35! :devil:

You do not sign Zlatan. The Zlatan signs you.
The tweet says: " @Ibra_official has signed a new one-year contract with #MUFC!"

Hope he is not rushing through his rehabilitation process though.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
As suspected, he never went anywhere. We were just waiting on a positive sign of recovery before resigning him. Still can't see him back in action for a few more months - November perhaps - at which point he will slowly get reintegrated as a sub for Lukaku.

Shiva87

Fine with this assuming he's a squad player. By all accounts, he was (and should be) a positive presence in the dressing room and a great squad sub (who can slot straight in) if Lukaku needs a rest, we need to change game tactics, v certain types of oppo, Lukaku injured.

Just wait for the "he slows the play down" or "he stops Rashford game time" comments?
Come on. The issue will arise only in 10-12 games in a 50ish game season where both will feel they should play (vs title contenders, semi + final of CL (if we make it), cup finals). For all other games, they can easily rotate based on opponent strengths. Despite popular belief, both are very very different strikers. Jose has now built a crazy squad.

Deleted member 101472

did I read it somewhere that when he retires, some leading doctors want to do exploratory stuff with his knee because they've never seen a recovery like this before? Or am I just making this up?