Zlatan Rejoins United

How do you feel about Zlatan signing for another year?

• Total voters

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
He'll be a positive influence and a good mentor for Lukaku. Plus we'll see more Bailly fun clips with him in the dressing room. Pogba and him also have a fun time

RedCurry

From footballing point of view, I see this move as Mourinho wanting an experienced backup, like Drogba at Chelsea in his second stint. For Zlatan, it would mean he will get back some match fitness after the injury. If we are chasing a game, get Fellaini, Lukaku and Zlatan in the box and fire in crosses.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
From footballing point of view, I see this move as Mourinho wanting an experienced backup, like Drogba at Chelsea in his second stint. For Zlatan, it would mean he will get back some match fitness after the injury. If we are chasing a game, get Fellaini, Lukaku and Zlatan in the box and fire in crosses.
Can you imagine a situation where you had those 3, Matic, Smalling, Pogba and Jones/Bailly all in the box?
Would be carnage

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Apologies if already been mentioned but this hopefully rubs off on his fellow swde Lindelof. Help him settle quicker and show what he's capable of.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Excellent news! I just hope that, when he's back and ready, he's not as undroppable/unsubbable as last year now that we have Lukaku.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Hahahahah this thread. One subject sticks out a bit, but I'll refrain from making comments which would surely force this thread to require some form of censoring.

Instead I'll move onwards to the boring subject:
@OnlyTwoDaSilvas – I thought Zlatan was leaving since Lukaku got his jersey number? ;) You really didn't think I'd let you off the hook, did you? I nailed it and I'll be gloating with this for at least another week. Just take it!
Fair point. Though I also said I'd love to be wrong about it :cool:

Still seems weird to me they've both switched. However, the new number #10 is better than the old one.

Yagami

Good post resistant
By the way, when is Zlatan expected to return or is that still unknown?

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
When fit and ready to play keeping Zlatan out of the starting 11 in Mourinho's team will be akin to escaping from the gravitational well of a black hole.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I think he knows we are just around the corner from winning the PL. He wants in. Not that I'm complaining. I get to wear last seasons number 9 shirt with Ibra at the back again. I'm so excited albeit he'll be wearing number 10. So far so good. Wetting my pants with what's to come.

edcunited1878

Good points.
Why have a YouTube channel when they drive the views themselves on their owned channels and zero revenue share?

And they are working to develop a new website and will take their time with it as it's not impacting the amount of visitors they get monthly and annual. United are a $$$ machine. They were late adapters to Twitter and an official app.

They aren't worried about being everywhere, because they already are. They have like 10 websites in different languages and all are mobile responsive...it's quite the undertaking when a desktop site is the central hub along with owned social channels.

manunited1919

To all those (few) unhappy we have resigned him: how you would feel if he had gone to one of our major rivals, such as Chelsea or Liverpool?

Zlatan is a major threat and will definitely add to the fear factor other teams have when they play us. Mourinho knows him well and will utilize him smartly.

Shuriken

Fair point. Though I also said I'd love to be wrong about it :cool:

Still seems weird to me they've both switched. However, the new number #10 is better than the old one.
:)

I think it's mostly because Lukaku saw #9 more fit for himself than #10. And Zlatan was happy to oblige, plus it would leave the vacated #10, well, still vacated.

And to be fair, I will also have to admit that I was wrong about Z switching from #11 to #10 at A.C. Milan… he actually didn't, apparently. I was so so sure I had seen him in the #10 at Milan too, but no: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/zlatan-ibrahimovic/rueckennummern/spieler/3455

He only did it at PSG (#18 to #10). Though as you can see further down the page, when the choice has been solely his (Swedish national team) – he's picked #10. He probably wanted it at Juventus (Del Piero), Inter (Adriano :lol:), Barcelona (Messi) and A.C. Milan (Seedorf) too.

Sparky Rhiwabon

The poll seems like one very positive option and 4 negative sounding ones. Even the "OK" one adds "I guess" making it sound like you're reluctantly saying OK. My reaction is somewhere between the top two options therefore I don't feel able to vote.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
By the way, when is Zlatan expected to return or is that still unknown?
October end spurs. We signed a deal now as the club must be expecting him to be available sooner rather than later. If he can help us in the tough christmas period and when injuries pile up well then its a deal that is no brainer. We wouldnt have given him the deal if he was to come back in january

predator

Youth NITK
I don't think some people quite understand how influential a player like Zlatan can be on and off the pitch. The young/youngish players will look up to him and opponents will fear and respect him.

An amazing one year extension imo.

ninjaskill

Probably now the only who if struggling to break down West Brom could just throw on players taller than West Brom have.

Eli Zee

One things for sure though - playing as United on FIFA/PES is going to be just :drool:
this is one of the reasons why I cannot wait for fifa 18 to come out.

its a shame in seasons mode they don't update the squads with new transfers

Yagami

Good post resistant
October end spurs. We signed a deal now as the club must be expecting him to be available sooner rather than later. If he can help us in the tough christmas period and when injuries pile up well then its a deal that is no brainer. We wouldnt have given him the deal if he was to come back in january
Thanks. Having him and Rojo (plus Shaw who seems to be very nearly ready compared to the other two) back will be massive boosts to the squad.

Friction

Good to have him back. I'm not sure that he'll be a guaranteed starter every week like last year, but he's one hell of a weapon to have in reserve. I wonder if Jose will put him and Lukaku up front together, with Rashford, Martial, or Mkhi running off of them!? :D