g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Zlatan Rejoins United

How do you feel about Zlatan signing for another year?

• Total voters

GrandJury

When we need a goal in the final minutes our team is just insane for lumping the ball into the box.

podurban2

Zlatan looks extremely happy and I think he is in a better state of mind than he has ever been in. Look forward to see how Mourinho will set us up.

Oneunited26

With Lukaku on board many thought, will he score goals? not only does lukaku looks like he gives us the direct physical option the team can play towards, having zlatan back gives the team not only depth, but the experience, leadership and respect in the dressing room. Its turning united into a monster of a squad, not just the sheer size of the side that can play also. So we have got an incredible amount of depth, and different ways of playing upfront, do we want lukaku? who is direct leading the line, someone like rashford quick who can get in behind teams like lukaku, or the zlaten option. He took a paycut to be sign a new contract, that alone says to me what zlatan wants to bring to this side, to get one of the worlds greats to not only sign a new contract, takes a paycut, shows the attitude and leadership this squad is getting towards. Pogba also claims he convinced zlatan to re-sign, so some of our biggest names want him back, and we need depth has the season progresses

macheda14

If we're chasing a game I fully expect to see Zlatan, Lukaku and Fellaini at one point. Wont be pretty, but will be a sight to behold.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Happy that we have Zlatan back.

Although the pessimist in me is a bit annoyed we didn't manage to sign him before he went to PSG.

Quality player who will probably play until he is 40. Whether or not that will be at the 'top level' is another question.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Great news this, his contribution to our CL campaign will be worth its weight in gold.

I predict a love triangle developing between Ibra, Pogba and Lukaku before the season is out.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
May see us move to a 352 at times. Great option to have alongside Lukaku.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
You cannot rule out the injury being nothing more than a prologue to a glorious final chapter in the career of this icon.

He was the closest thing we've had to another Cantona, and now he gets to repeat the king's resurrection. Sorry to sound like a RAWK twat. Just as well I'm not into football poetry...

meninred

There are some who think zlatan arrival will affect the dynamics of the team right now as he slows down the game and also can affect lukaku who can be back to his shell instead of asserting himself with zlatan around. it is hard to predict..but any way that is a talk for january.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Don't know it this was posted, but bolded made me laugh very loud:

6. MANCHESTER'S PASSION FOR FOOTBALL
After only a few months living in our great city, Ibra found out exactly what football and United means to the people of Manchester. "It’s amazing, the passion for it… wherever you go you see a fan, and the thing is with United we have fans everywhere. So when I walk into the city I always see a red shirt. Hearing them talk about their club, talking about yourself, the players... you see that they have a big passion for football and that gives you extra motivation and extra happiness. When I see City fans, or when they see me, they turn into United fans, so that is a great thing that has happened to the city!"

rest: http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ign=ManUtd&utm_medium=post&utm_source=twitter

addo

It feels great having a player who scored 28 and assisted 9 in 46 games last season. (17 goals and 5 assists in 27 PL games) back in the squad!

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
alright, alright. ill see myself out.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Should the thread title not be "Manchester United rejoin Zlatan"?

Bad jokes aside I would be pissed if this meant less playing time for Mkhi and Martial.

jackofalltrades

Ater the internatonals we'll have 7 games between the 9th and 30th September. Welcome back, Zlatan, we'll need you later.

ManuMou

OT, 80 minutes, 0-0

Zlatan & Fellaini sub on to join Lukaku & Pogba for hoof ball in open play. That'd be super scary.

On set pieces, Matic & Bailly/Jones//Smalling further join them. Defenders' nightmare

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Did you even read the article.
Zlatan knows me. And he knows that I play the players that I think are the best for the team,’ Mourinho said on Friday.

‘If he comes here and he proves that he is the best, he plays. If the other ones don’t give him a chance to prove that, that’s life. I always try to be honest with my players. Maybe sometimes I don’t do the correct things. But I always try.
[/QUOTE
Says actually the opposite. Don't post links before reading.

themoyesboy

Jose says he will pick who he thinks is the best. That may mean Zlatan starting, it may not. I used the word "might" when I linked to the story which also says broadly the same thing - Zlatan could/might start ahead of a fit Lukaku. Not will.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Lukaku has the advantage of being fit at the moment and the chance to solidijfy his position before Zlatan is even considered. It's good because (not that he needed it) the added pressure will keep him focused. I have no doubt that the main striker for Mourinho will always be Lukaku.

el3mel

Jose says he will pick who he thinks is the best. That may mean Zlatan starting, it may not. I used the word "might" when I linked to the story which also says broadly the same thing - Zlatan could/might start ahead of a fit Lukaku. Not will.
Did you really read his whole quotes ? Because they are all pointing to Zlatan being a backup not the contrary ! Even the quote you're copying is proving that.