Zlatan tells Lukaku "‘Go do your voodoo s***, you little donkey"

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Hope Lukaku replies. We've had the on-field spat, now for the online one.

Last edited:

NotThatSoph

Then Ibra can't have said voodoo shit as it makes no sense whatsoever, then again neither does wooden shed.

I'm betting on "you earn shit" or words to that effect.
Oh, I thought you were aware of the first part.

Everton's owner accused Lukaku of rejecting their offer because of voodoo. Lukaku released the statement I quoted, saying that it wasn't true. So Zlatan is repeating the racist lies of Everton's owner.

Edit: Given that's what he said.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Still that 3rd person shit :lol:
Yeah, nothing more embarrassing than a grown man talking about himself in third person. His comments and cockiness used to be funny but now it's like he can't even act normal once in a while. Has become quite the parody of himself lately imo (even though he's still a very good footballer at such an old age).

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
How ? Why ?

Since when the feck is a voodoo comment related to racism ?
I think because originally the comment was made by someone relating it back to Lukaku's trip to Africa. Lukaku claims he wasn't actually doing voodoo, which if is correct (you'd assume so as he threatened legal action) then where has the guy got it from? It's an ignorant comment at best, isn't it?
No idea, but if Lukaku thought it was old banter twisted to be a twat in a heated moment, or if he found it racist, well he can/will let us know.
The caf majority declares everything instantly racist though, I prefer to wait and see the explanations.
They’ve been friendly, so fecked if I know and I’m not gonna start trying to decipher their words when no fecker can agree if he said voodoo or wooden shed :lol:
Maybe they chatted on the phone after and laughed their heads off at old banter once the heat had cooled, or maybe Lukaku was up all night fuming. The caf certainly doesn’t fecking know.
Yeah I agree, I said the same when that song about him having a 24 inch knob was doing the rounds. It's inappropriate, but until Rom himself has an issue with it then it's just a load of people being offended on his behalf. Turns out he did then ask the fans to stop singing it, which you'd hope the fans would totally respect - and to be fair I never heard it after that. It's all about him at the end of the day. Until we know more then again, it's people rushing to be offended on his behalf.
Or maybe it was true and understandably Lukaku doesn't want people to know he has some of these believes along with his Cristian faith. It's really impossible to know what went on in that meeting given Lukaku decided not to take legal action and no apologies were issued.
Who knows? I certainly don't, but at the same time I can definitely see why implying Lukaku might have dabbled in voodoo when in Africa could be considered a racist statement. Seems clear that Ibra is making reference to the initial instance rather than using it in a racial way though.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
If you imagine a russian or german saying "wooden" and "shed" the w in wooden become a slightly stange Vee sound (as with most W's in German) and the D in shed is being mangled slighly probably again due to Zlatan's accent which whilst he may have been brought up in sweden his accent has aways sounded anything but to me, and has always sounded more eastern European hence him sounding slightly Russian to me more than Swedish (I'm aware he was born in Eastern Europe hence why he would sound this way) .
In Germany, and also in Sweden, the W is double V not double U. Same where i come from, look at it, it's 2 Vs put together to form a W, not 2 Us!
In German the D often sounds like a T.

Really? Are you sure? Have you been to African school, or did you just make that one up?
I am not trying to be too sceptical, but its first time I heard about using this term being racist.
dear people. Please read this guys reply and the comment he replied to. Is he being intentionally obtuse or is he just not too intelligent. Regardless, it does show that in some debates people either lack sincerity , or they lack the intelligence to understand complex nuances of a topic.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Oh, I thought you were aware of the first part.

Everton's owner accused Lukaku of rejecting their offer because of voodoo. Lukaku released the statement I quoted, saying that it wasn't true. So Zlatan is repeating the racist lies of Everton's owner.

Edit: Given that's what he said.
No, I wasn't aware so thanks for cluing me in.

It seems a bit silly arguing over what he may or may not have said and condemning him for it. Better to wait for the truth to come to light as it inevitably does in these situations.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I clearly said IF he's guilty in my other posts, I never once insinuated he was or wasn't. You need to learn to read along with learning the offside rule instead of following me around posting lies.
You said we all know what he meant. I didn’t.

As for offside and following you around, who are you? :lol:

Posh Red

So, according to this, Lukaku said "I'll shoot you in the head"?!

Well, to me this ought to be the real eyebrow raiser. Not so much wether Zlatan said "wooden shed" or if it was "voodoo".
I’m not saying anyone is necessarily guilty of anything, but are you aware of the old adage ‘two wrongs don’t make a right’?

big rons sovereign

dear people. Please read this guys reply and the comment he replied to. Is he being intentionally obtuse or is he just not too intelligent. Regardless, it does show that in some debates people either lack sincerity , or they lack the intelligence to understand complex nuances of a topic.
Or maybe you've made a sweeping generalisation and decided that you're the authority on the cultural and social workings of school children of certain ethnicities.
Opinion isn't fact and certainly doesn't give you the right to decide the intelligence or lack of, as it would be, of other posters.

Andersons Dietician

The old dope-a-dope trick

Pads and combat are two different things my friends.
Exactly so is training technique and no sparring or the will to use it whatsoever so Zlatan as far as I’m concerned could have 4 black belts. Don’t mean nowt except he knows how to throw a kick under controlled circumstances.
Lets phone their agents and get this sorted out :D

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
So, according to this, Lukaku said "I'll shoot you in the head"?!

Well, to me this ought to be the real eyebrow raiser. Not so much wether Zlatan said "wooden shed" or if it was "voodoo".
Death threats take a back seat when there's potential tenuous racism at stake.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Funny how people are just debating whether or not Zlatan is a racist but not if Lukaku is a sexist. Helena has been informed that she’s going to get raped.
Huge issue with society. Just take a look at the Thiago Alcantara thread in this forum and the word used in the title of his thread. The ‘c’ word also constantly gets used as well.

Doracle

Having read more about it, Moshiri seems to have got it from the fact Lukaku completed a pilgrimage to Lourdes and that's about it.
His quote specifically says Lukaku himself told him he’d relied on voodoo. I know nothing about Moshiri, so he may be someone who just made up a conversation completely, but I don’t see how it links to the fact Lukaku went to Lourdes a couple of years before.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
In Germany, and also in Sweden, the W is double V not double U. Same where i come from, look at it, it's 2 Vs put together to form a W, not 2 Us!
In German the D often sounds like a T.
Thanks for pointing this out (though It doesn't change my overall point).

And going back to my point I'll say it again because this thread seems to be running with the idea that Zlatan is saying "Voodoo shit" I really don't hear that and it is clear that he is saying "wooden Shed" with an eastern european sounding accent.

I also would be shocked if a player in this day and age even one who was actually racist would be stupid enough to make the kind of clearly racist comment that most seem to be mishearing - in an empty stadium, around black team mates(who don't seem to be reacting to what is being said in a hostile way toward Zlatan), In todays climate(with the black lives matter movement in sport) and without covering his mouth to prevent being lip read (as pretty much all professional footballers are taught to do nowadays when they might be saying something contentious). I'm not saying Zlatan is or isn't racist, I'm just saying I can't see or hear a racist comment being made here.

PS: John Terry being caught saying what he said was before it became popular for most footballers to cover their mouth to prevent being lip read and may be one of the reasons why they do this nowadays as I gather lip readers were used in his public trial.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Noone talking about Lukaku's threats about shooting him in the head?

PoTMS

I had no idea voodoo was only a black thing as many on here will have you believe. In my opinion, this isn't racist. Let me guess the ones who are up in arms about it again are white people.