Zlatan's Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Now reality sets in that we might have seen the last of the big man. We should wait for news obviously but it looked absolutely horrendous.

I just don't think we have the fire power to reach our goals without him.

Devil81

Could it be a blessing in disguise?

Looks shattered to me and Rashford has been brilliant the last few weeks.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Based on my non-existant knowledge about anything medical I'd say he's played his last match for United, and maybe even for his entire career.

Eriku

Hope that hyperextension wasn't as bad as it first seemed. Rashford looks ready to pick up the CF for himself, though. Hope he keeps it up!

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I am convinced he's a cyborg or something because the sheer amount of heavy challenges he's been in and he just gets up and gets on with it is unreal. He'll be back before the season is over.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Could it be a blessing in disguise?

Looks shattered to me and Rashford has been brilliant the last few weeks.
Our second highest scorer (Mata, 10) is out too and nobody else has double figures:

Mkhitaryan and Rashford 9
Pogba and Martial 7
Lingard and Rooney 5

spiriticon

He needs a few weeks off anyway. He can't seem to run anymore. Let's just hope its not more than that.

Enter Rooney.

AndyJ1985

I genuinely think we'll do better without him. I'm backing Rashford to shine as the main man up front.

Fracture90

Both him and Rojo got injured tonight. Zlatan's injury looks like he hyperextended his knee, considering he's been pretty much immune to injuries throughout his season as well as his good physique I hope it's not career ending one.

Rojo landed awkwardly and twisted his knee, hope it's nothing serious but he should have been taken off immediately, that 2nd blow only made things worse.

Bad moment in the season to have those injuries...

Devil81

The team seems to be progressing with pace up front. He's been fantastic but we look better with the added pace in my opinion.

Seanus

I am not sure he will be missed as much as some think-he has not had a good game for a while and if the chances that fell to him in the last 6 games had fallen to Lingard or Martial I think we would have scored more than we did. Also Lingard looked much better up front with Rashford v Chelsea.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Our second highest scorer (Mata, 10) is out too and nobody else has double figures:

Pogba and Martial 7
Lingard and Rooney 5
Mkhitaryan got his 10th today and I think Rashford is on 10 too.

ti vu

I am not sure he will be missed as much as some think-he has not had a good game for a while and if the chances that fell to him in the last 6 games had fallen to Lingard or Martial I think we would have scored more than we did. Also Lingard looked much better up front with Rashford v Chelsea.
He will be missed in a sense that Fellaini will get more game time in his play thus costing us an extra attacker with Fellaini can be very dull at times. We struggle mostly with deep sitting teams which can only unsettled by physicality. See Fellaini knocked it down for Rashford goal. This type of physicality should better be employed as no 9 than deeper position since we need slower build up for Fellaini to get into position & risk expose the midfield for other team counter attacking.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Mata and Ibra at such a crucial stage of the season. Couldn't make it up.

lewwoo

If it was his last game for Utd then I will have nothing but fond memories of his short time with us. Just a shame we didn't get him a few years ago.

Tarrou

He jumped for the ball and landed with his leg trying to bend in wrong direction. Looked like he popped some knee ligaments. He walked off with a bit of aid though.
Thanks. Just saw it, didn't look good, but there's a chance he just tweaked the ligaments as opposed to breaking something. Well I hope so.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Pogba and Martial 7
Lingard and Rooney 5
the white pele will score the goals

Man-United

He joined us a few years too late. Up until the League Cup Final he was fantastic. No energy left after it I have to admit even though he had his game here and there. But a bit of blame to Jose too who didn't rest him more during the season. He's the boss. Manage the old guys carefully, even Zlatan.

JohnnyLaw

Was Zouma able to walk off the pitch by himself when he had a similar injury, just wondering if that could be any indication of the injuries severity?

Edit:
Nevermind, just found a video of it. He was carried off. Hopefully that could mean that this isn't as serious as Zoumas was.

Seanus

He will be missed in a sense that Fellaini will get more game time in his play thus costing us an extra attacker with Fellaini can be very dull at times
Not sure that follows, first choice MF 4 has to be Mikhi, Ander, Pogba and Carrick and I think Young is a favourite of Jose-yes Felaini will play some games but dont see Zlatan's absence incresing this significantly

Yagami

Good post resistant
As frustrating as he is, I enjoy him being apart of our team. If we do make the final, which I'm not confident of, I hope he plays apart in it. Can only wish him the best.

dannofdawn

Gutted to see him injured, especially after a poor performance. Knowing his character, he must be dying to bounce back as soon as possible and yet physically can't. Must be frustrating. Let's hope it's not as bad as it looked.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sometimes you get those moments it's clear the team needs to go in another direction.

Van Gaal had it when VP/Rooney/Falcao was broken up by injury, and Sunday and now this injury may very well show up a different way forward.

Fingers crossed it's much less bad than it looked. He was able to walk/limp off at least.

JG3001

I imagine he'll be out for the rest of the season now. Rashford looks to have found form again so not too bad. Rojo will be a huge miss IMO

Infra-red

It's not a blessing in disguise. He's the only top-class goalscorer in the squad. It's a disaster.

Trophy Room

From a team point of view it may turn out to be a blessing in disguise but his importance as a figurehead cannot be dismissed. I'm more worried about Rojo's injury.

Devil81

Part of me thinks Zlatan hasn't signed a contract as he's found the going hard in England.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mata and Ibra at such a crucial stage of the season. Couldn't make it up.
I don't think the Mata one is as big a blow really. Pace and running is really working for us at the moment.
Ibra is a strange one. Scored tonnes, but hasn't been as clinical as we'd expect. Tonight was one of those games where he could have had loads, but didn't look anywhere near scoring.
Rashford gives such a higher level of threat, as well as being able to convert bits and pieces that drop in the box.

ti vu

Not sure that follows, first choice MF 4 has to be Mikhi, Ander, Pogba and Carrick and I think Young is a favourite of Jose-yes Felaini will play some games but dont see Zlatan's absence incresing this significantly
I edited my last post bit and explained. Read up then edit your post, so you don't waste another post while I can see what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.