Zlatan's Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

van Persie

The fact that he walked off and didn't need the stretcher makes me think it's not too serious.
Zlatan would've walked off himself with a broken leg (or both). That's who he is. A lot of the so called "Zlatan has managed to stay healthy" is down to him not being extremely soft like most players these days.

Mallrat83

Selective much? What about all Rashford's misses tonight?
That's true, and rashford did waste some shots today, and in other games.

However Rashford is still young and is still learning. He will make mistakes but as he develops he will become less wasteful. we need to remember with rashford he is only 19 (correct me I find I'm wrong). He broke in to the team last year due to injuries and took his chances, and now in his second season he's had to step back to let ibra play as a cf and wait for his opportunities.

You can practice taking shots in training for 12 hours a day, but practice is nothing like doing it in the game, with defenders that will do anything to stop you scoring. You don't get that pressure in training, and it's only by playing games that he will learn to keep a cool head consistently when he's under pressure.

Jaybomb

It's not a blessing in disguise. He's the only top-class goalscorer in the squad. It's a disaster.
This.

This thread is ridiculous. Rashford scores two goals and all of a sudden he's better than Ibra. Madness.

Prodigy24

Can't really enjoy tonights win because of the injuries. Rojo is our best defender and one of only two that can play atm. Really hope his injury is not serious.

Zlatan's however looked much, much worse and it was sickening to see him in pain like that. Even though he's an absolute beast, he's soon 36, and if that injury is as bad as it looks, then I think he's played his last match for us tonight. Worst case scenario, that's his last match at top level. That really disturbs me as the man has been my idol since his Malmö FF days, and it's really sad to see him in pain like that. He's never really had a major injury in his career, and that's also why it's really scary.

I'm just going to hope for the best, and that there's nothing serious with his knee.

Reactions: Sultan

Djemba-Djemba

Looked awful.

It'd be cruel if that's the last we see of him for Utd. Doesn't deserve to go out on such an abject performance.

C'est Moi Cantona

Blessing in disguise is a bit strong if he's out for the rest of the season, but a 2-3 week enforced break could be just what he needs, because holy crap he was bad tonight, and I'm sure fatigue must be the major factor in this.

minoo-utd

Just hope he will miss a game or two but man this injury looks damn awful we need the guy in the upcoming games just hopes it's not that bad as it looks.
When should be the assessment? Tomorrow?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Good news would be him being back in time for the semi

Rest everyone Sunday, same XI that played Chelsea against City then another make shift team against Swansea

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Be devastated for him if we get to the final and he can't add a European trophy in his home country.

Obviously most important is that we go on and win what we can, but I'd be devastated for him.

Miscemayl

It's not a blessing in disguise, Zlatan is crucial for us, especially when teams park the bus and there's no space to run behind.

Hope it's not as bad as it looks.

Hopefully we make the EL final and he'll be fresh and fit for that.

Zoo

It'll be very unfair if we reach the final in Stockholm and he's out injured.

I'm willing to bet all the doom & gloom regarding this is way over the top. He knee jolts back a little but there's a very good chance he's just jarred his knee, quite a nasty jar mind but not necessarily a terrible injury.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
A serious injurry to an important player is never a blessing in disguise. But he was goddamn awfull today and it advocates why he should not start every game for us just because he is Zlatan and all that nonsense. Rashford seems to be in a better form these days and suits the overall play much better, so I'am happy Mourinho doesn't have a choice but to play the kid as a central striker instead of as a winger for some games. But I also hope Zlatan will be back soon because I still think we will need him for the remainder of the season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm willing to bet all the doom & gloom regarding this is way over the top. He knee jolts back a little but there's a very good chance he's just jarred his knee, quite a nasty jar mind but not necessarily a terrible injury.
Yeah, you can hyper-extend your knee like that and play a match a few days later. Hurts like feck in the morning but settles quick enough.

Of course, it's also definitely possible he's out for 9 months...

Deleted member 101472

This whole " zlatan would never be stretchered off the pitch" nonsense is bugging me. If the injury is severe enough, he ain't walking off. Not to say it isn't still serious, but he's not immune to the kind of pain that will force the stretcher out. The fact he didn't leave the field that way is encouraging and it's ok to hope on that until further information become available.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Not looking good. Hyper knee extension usually means 2-3 weeks rest. You can play with it, if it is heavily bandaged and injected, but will never heel without proper rest.

Got one at age 18 and am forever plagued by it. Cut short my gaa career

Devil may care

Looked bad but Ibra is flexible and has strong legs due to his martial arts training, so fingers crossed.

markhrad

Before the injury he looked tired and not his normal zestful self. Anyway I hope he recovers quickly.

Jaybomb

I hope he's back for the next leg.

Its embarrassing how some fans have turned against him after one poor performance. Rashford missed plenty today as well. Or are we going to forget that?

peridigm

Hope its not an anterior cruciate ligament that is torn.
Don't think it looked like that at all. He came down straight and hyper-extended. Miniscus maybe, but not ACL.
But I'm no doctor so this is only my opinion.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I hope he's back for the next leg.
Unfortunate choice of words. But yes, he's a really important player. I suspect that's all she wrote for Zlatan in Manchester but hope I'm wrong. As much for his personality as anything else.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Don't think it looked like that at all. He came down straight and hyper-extended. Miniscus maybe, but not ACL.
But I'm no doctor so this is only my opinion.
Mine too fwiw. Didn't see the typical pivot shift you see with a popped ACL. Micky Owen's slo mo replay being a classic of the genre. Meniscus injuries can be a bitch though.

freeurmind

weak willed
Only the scan will tell how sever the injury is. Definitely looked like he did something on tv, didn't seem to be able to do the range of motion tests. Hopefully its not too serious. with the number of games and how knackered Rashford looked after 120 minutes we need as many of the players fit as possible.

Klopp_De_Klown

The fact that he walked off and didn't need the stretcher makes me think it's not too serious.
Yep its encouraging that he felt able to walk. Zlatan would of not chanced it if he thought it was too sore. He protects himself well and stays down when needs be to get properly assessed. I have noticed it about him previously. He would of took a streacher if he was told he must keep all weight off it. Unless you do serious damage to the hyperextended knee it can be walked off but will require a bit of TLC just to make sure no actual damage was done. But as of yet there is no way to know.
I'd be hopeful, also because of his long legs it could look worse than it might be.

Indeed. Rashford is a very, very promising talent, but he's 19 years old and has scored 2 Premier League goals in 22 appearances since September. We're in big trouble.
Only 2 goals from the wing and in more a providing than a scoring role. Be fair.

joedirt87

A serious injurry to an important player is never a blessing in disguise. But he was goddamn awfull today and it advocates why he should not start every game for us just because he is Zlatan and all that nonsense. Rashford seems to be in a better form these days and suits the overall play much better, so I'am happy Mourinho doesn't have a choice but to play the kid as a central striker instead of as a winger for some games. But I also hope Zlatan will be back soon because I still think we will need him for the remainder of the season.
will echo this. We didn't exactly look great during Zlatan's 3 match ban. a loss to Chelsea, a pretty scrappy win against Middlesbrough and a poor draw to West Brom IIRC. Rashford has hit form in the last few games so if he does have to lead the line at least he has some confidence. Is the overall play better? not really a huge sample size to go off, it's certainly different and forces us to to play a different style other then lumping it into Zlatan and Fellaini as a sub late in games.

Last edited:

stu_1992

Can't help but fell that his last game this season, and maybe for us ever if he doesn't sign a new contract. It would be a huge shame if it is. The fact he walked off is at least promising, but still looked a bad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.