£35m for Andy Carroll | On loan @ WHU (the big, long, useless streak of pi**...)

Adebesi

OK well Id have to see it again, my memory of it was it was a great tackle, I thought fair play Carroll, that was a nice tackle there. But maybe if I watched it again I would agree it is rational not to count it as such.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Carroll had a 66% pass completion rate the joint lowest in West Ham's starting line up. He had 3 shots all of them off target. He didn't make any successful tackles, but made 3 interceptions. He only won 10 of the 21 ariel duels he was involved in. He did however win man of the match from Sky and praise from the english media at large.

[Data from the Stats Zone app]
Sky gave him the MOTM? Christ. Other than throwing his weight around, he did nothing. Kagawa single handedly created 2 goals from nothing. Bizzare.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
How the feck did this cnut get man of the match..?

fecking ridiculous going in on De Gea. Right after getting chatted to for acting like a twat in the box.

Untied

That goes to show what a massive pile of wank looking at the statistics is then. If that isnt counted as a tackle then what use is it looking at the stats for tackles? How many other tackles didnt count as tackles?
It was counted as an interception (understandably so) and was a great piece of defending to be fair. Interceptions are just as important as tackles. They demonstrate good defensive positioning, reading of the game and so on.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Carroll had a 66% pass completion rate the joint lowest in West Ham's starting line up. He had 3 shots all of them off target. He didn't make any successful tackles, but made 3 interceptions. He only won 10 of the 21 ariel duels he was involved in. He did however win man of the match from Sky and praise from the english media at large.

mental.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker

:houllier:!!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm far from a Carroll fan but those stats clearly don't paint the full picture. He was handful all game (mainly 1st half) for our back 4, assisted their first goal and prevented a certain winner from Hernandez.

He had a good game.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I just don't see how a player with those stats producing that performance can be considered a superior player on the day to Vidic or Kagawa. It just seems impossible to come to that conclusion. He was ok yesterday - a nuisance at times with some strong play - but Vidic was imperious and Kagawa actually played some decent football. I will admit that he wasn't poor but the MOTM does my head in. It's just so typical.

Drainy

Fantastic gettin' his foot in on that beautiful centering ball to Hernandez that looked like a sure United goal. Brilliant defending. Admire attackers who can do that.
If I remember correctly, he did exactly the same thing for Liverpool to save them from defeat to Cardiff in the League Cup last year. He does have that going for him.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I'm far from a Carroll fan but those stats clearly don't paint the full picture. He was handful all game (mainly 1st half) for our back 4, assisted their first goal and prevented a certain winner from Hernandez.

He had a good game.
Without sounding like an argumentative twat he really wasn't that good at all. The 4 touches in the box for his first shot off target summed him up as a footballer. Unintelligent movement left behind the play, clumsy barging players lead to a poor touch, poor on the ball taking an age to turn and tee up a shot and unable to cleanly strike a ball scuffing it deflected wide.

The Neviller

Nah, he's shit. He's just a big lump. Most of the times I've seen him play he's headed the ball to nobody. He might win a few headers, but he does feck all with it, and is lost if it goes to feet.
He's shit.

Swaters16

On a side note, has anyone noticed in FIFA that CPU Carroll is absolutely untouchable on the ball, with immense dribbling and control?

Ridiculous. He's so garbage and yet, somehow people are convincing themselves he has an ounce of talent.

acrebo

His only redeeming feature is a canny ability to get to anything in the air before anyone else, and he is remarkably good at that.

Unfortunately, he is yet another 'hard man' that has succumbed to theatrics, happy to elbow people in the face and knock keepers out but goes down in a heap anytime someone gets the better of him.

If you're going to rely on strength and power then at least be consistent with it and take the hits when they're dished out too.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
His only redeeming feature is a canny ability to get to anything in the air before anyone else, and he is remarkably good at that.

Unfortunately, he is yet another 'hard man' that has succumbed to theatrics, happy to elbow people in the face and knock keepers out but goes down in a heap anytime someone gets the better of him.

If you're going to rely on strength and power then at least be consistent with it and take the hits when they're dished out too.
He doesn't even do that. He didn't even win half his aerial duels the other day, I'm sure.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
a good/admirable player my arse.

Everything he's got is pounds and centimeters. Brilliant tackle on Hernandez, mind.

LR7

Soccer Saturday having an absolute ******** over this big lump.

redmeister

He doesn't even do that. He didn't even win half his aerial duels the other day, I'm sure.
That's fairly normal, is usually trying head balls played from behind him. You try heading long balls played from behind you and then try heading the same balls, but from a defensive position and you'll see what a massive advantage it is.

The fact is he won more headed duels than anyone else. It's a good tactic. West Ham were playing the best team in the league. We are always going to be much better than them when the ball is on the ground. But by keeping it in the air, they have more chance of coursing a problem than by trying to play through us. Usually long balls should be relatively easy to defend for top class CB's, but Carroll makes it very difficult, as even though he has the disadvantage of the balls being played from behind, he is a match for even the best aerial CBs.

Scrumpet

There are no words
It's a cliché, but he is a handful. That is all he can ever be though, and he's just as likely to turn up and channel his inner donkey.

Man-United

Phil Thompson just want Liverpool to get as much money as possible so he talk about him like he's Klose or something.

Sally Cinnamon

Albeit a cnut, i think he is actually pretty good. His power and ability in the air is unreal.
You've been duped by the media. He wins a lot of headers and is suited to West 'Am's hoof it style but more often than not his headers go nowhere.

I'm not even exaggerating when I say I think he's one of the worst forwards in the league. I can't get my head around it and still chuckle to myself when I think of him going to Liverpool for that price. To be fair to West Ham though they took advantage and the loan has paid off.

You can be a big, powerful centre forward without being a big, useless cnut at the same time. Benteke could do what Carroll does with his eyes closed, but he offers so much more.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
:lol::lol:

It's a barometer for people who genuinely know feck all about him but get out their wallets to buy into the 'he wins stuff aerially' bollocks.