£35m for Andy Carroll | On loan @ WHU (the big, long, useless streak of pi**...)

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
For his height, he isn't close to being the dominating force he could and should be.Look at Drogba and how he used his body strength to hold defenders off, win headers and trap the ball.Carroll doesn't even know how to use the physical advantage he has over others

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I think he's OK. He's slowly progressing again and is having a fairly OK season at west ham.

I also found out he's being rated as the 6th best player in the league according to this site:
http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...erStatistics/England-Premier-League-2012-2013

Either way he's not worth any £35m. Perhaps it's closer to £15m. I think the long ball game at Liverpool didn't suit him at all. There are worse forwards out there.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
For his height, he isn't close to being the dominating force he could and should be.Look at Drogba and how he used his body strength to hold defenders off, win headers and trap the ball.Carroll doesn't even know how to use the physical advantage he has over others
To be fair though at Carroll's age Drogba was knocking about in Ligue 2.

I think strikers make better use of their physicality as they get older

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
I think he's OK. He's slowly progressing again and is having a fairly OK season at west ham.

I also found out he's being rated as the 6th best player in the league according to this site:
You have to view the whoscored.com stats contextually. They award points for actions considered to be positive and take them away for actions considered to be negative. The area that Andy Carroll really excels in is 'aerials won', he wins an average of 9.6 per game. Comfortably the best in the Premier League, but not necessarily the kind of attribute that you would look for in a top class striker. Nor would you want you team playing the tactics that utilise that particular attribute to its maximum.

He has also only started 18 Premier League games this season. It would be more enlightening to see if he could maintain his levels over a sustained period.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
How much a player was sold for means feck all in certain cases, the perfect example being Carroll... I'm basing my opinion on actual live footage from both players
Well if you're opinions are that accurate you should be a scout then.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
You have to view the whoscored.com stats contextually. They award points for actions considered to be positive and take them away for actions considered to be negative. The area that Andy Carroll really excels in is 'aerials won', he wins an average of 9.6 per game.
I assume the 'aerials won' stat refers to headers won in proximity to a defender? If it's that simple then it is basically meaningless, getting your head to the ball is one thing, but producing a meaningful output from that header is a completely different thing. As has already been said, he often wins the header, but the second ball normally goes to an opponent. There's also the fact that defenders often don't try and win a header, they just ensure that the attackers header is poor.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
You have to take whoscored with a grain of salt in general these days. It's proven to be completely wrong on a few occasions and I personally don't trust them 100%. Using it to back up an argument is ok and to draw inference to a particular player.

4/7 aerial duels won last night.

Yeah, he wins stuff.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
"The transfer fee was agreed in May, but the England international was unsure about a move before a World Cup year."

What the feck? unsure about a move? He was at West Ham already the big fecking plank, plus he's so shit he should be nowhere near the England squad in a WC year.

NinjaFletch

£100,000 per week too apparently! :lol::lol::lol:

£100,000!!

Did West Ham manage to forget that there at least a million people on the planet as tall, if not taller, than Carroll?

I mean, that's what they're paying for isn't it?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Dont know what West Ham were thinking with this one. Not only is he a good for nothing plank of a footballer but he is injured half the season.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
You really have to laugh at transfers like this. For such a limited footballer, he really has attracted some silly transfer fees

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
If true that is fecked. I hope it isn't, but everything about the Carroll situation has been ludicrous enough for this to be possible.

Not only does every selling club already have the "well Liverpool paid £35m for Andy Carroll, so I reckon so and so's worth.." card to play, but now any player chasing a new contract can tell their agent to start negotiations with 'Andy Carroll is on 100k a week, therefore...". City and Chelsea paved the way for the destruction of English football, but now Andy Carroll is single-handedly kicking the shit out of it whilst it's down.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
There's no way West ham have paid 15 millions for that lump. They must have agreed to say they have to save LFC's blushes.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
There's no way West ham have paid 15 millions for that lump. They must have agreed to say they have to save LFC's blushes.

Liverpool will take a £20m loss on the striker with the Hammers agreeing to shell out an initial £15.5m club record fee for the England international's services with a further £2.5m payable in adds-on.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2343757/Andy-Carroll-joins-West-Ham-year-deal-subject-medical.html#ixzz2WctWg1Zg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
It could rise to £17.5 million according to the Mail.

Think about that, Andy Carroll's last two transfers will have cost over £50 million.

Andy Carroll. £50 million.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think he'll be a success at West Ham.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Scoring more than 15goals next season for West Ham. I think he'll suit their system and will thrive in that.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I've not seen anything to indicate that when he's been fit and played for them. He's still looked limited and shite.

They could have taken Bendtner off of us for 15p and would be better off.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Paying him £100k per week aint that bad when you consider West Ham were paying off the likes of Kieron Dyer and Freddy Ljungberg over £80k a week each just a few years back. They have a habit of grossly overpaying useless players.