£35m for Andy Carroll | On loan @ WHU (the big, long, useless streak of pi**...)

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
There's no way of determining it, but with 3 minutes left they would probably have gone through anyway, Barcelona weren't threatening at all in the late stages of that game, after the Messi penalty miss they looked gone. Plus, come on, look at the manner of the goal! He had the entire half to run into with the nearest player being about 20 yards behind, hardly like he did anything particularly special.

16 in 90 is an appalling record in the premier for a top level team (poor for a relegation battling team too), particularly when he's started the majority of those. For 50m (and no doubt on huge wages) he's legitimately one of the worst signings of all time. He's just turned into a flat track bully these days, the vast majority of his goals are in thrashings and/or against extremely weak teams. Likewise for Spain.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
There's no way of determining it, but with 3 minutes left they would probably have gone through anyway, Barcelona weren't threatening at all in the late stages of that game, after the Messi penalty miss they looked gone. Plus, come on, look at the manner of the goal! He had the entire half to run into with the nearest player being about 20 yards behind, hardly like he did anything particularly special.

16 in 90 is an appalling record in the premier for a top level team (poor for a relegation battling team too), particularly when he's started the majority of those. For 50m (and no doubt on huge wages) he's legitimately one of the worst signings of all time. He's just turned into a flat track bully these days, the vast majority of his goals are in thrashings and/or against extremely weak teams. Likewise for Spain.
Didn't they hit the post once or twice. They kept slamming in crosses. He is wack for them and that goal was nothing special but credit where credit is due.

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
Torres has not been great, but has still scored some huge goals for Chelsea including on their way in winning the CL.

His goal in the semi is worth half that fee alone IMO

Doesn't even come close to you lot and Carroll
Haha. Yeah right.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
Didn't they hit the post once or twice. They kept slamming in crosses. He is wack for them and that goal was nothing special but credit where credit is due.

Not after the penalty, in fact they only had 4 shots on target in total after the penalty. Most comfortable saves. That they were resorting to crosses just shows how much they struggled, always unlikely they were going to win an aerial battle against the Chelsea players. With 2 minutes and 20 seconds to go I doubt you'd have found anyone who'd bet against Chelsea holding on, put it that way.

He deserves some credit for keeping his cool but nothing like "paid back half his fee", i'd expect the majority of strikers to take that chance. Just to put things into perspective here, his goals per game for Chelsea in the premier is worse than Heskey's premier league record.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Not after the penalty, in fact they only had 4 shots on target in total after the penalty. Most comfortable saves. That they were resorting to crosses just shows how much they struggled, always unlikely they were going to win an aerial battle against the Chelsea players. With 2 minutes and 20 seconds to go I doubt you'd have found anyone who'd bet against Chelsea holding on, put it that way.

He deserves some credit for keeping his cool but nothing like "paid back half his fee", i'd expect the majority of strikers to take that chance.
I thought he would miss, even when he beat valdes.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce says striker Andy Carroll will return to training next week after a long-term foot problem which has seen him miss all of this season.
"We expected him to be back two or three games into the season, and that hasn't happened," said Allardyce. "We have to be tentative in our approach to it.
"When Andy's fit we've got to get him fit to stay fit. Having not played a game since last May, it will take some time to get him into a match-fitness situation. He's done an awful lot of work, but that doesn't include match fitness, so it will take a while for him to get back up to speed."

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Lounging about in Amsterdam coffee houses for weeks on end will make it a task for anyone to get back up to speed.

Seriously, though - I'm glad his career ain't over. The big, long useless streak of piss.

Member 39557

Lounging about in Amsterdam coffee houses for weeks on end will make it a task for anyone to get back up to speed.

Seriously, though - I'm glad his career ain't over. The big, long useless streak of piss.
I was hoping that he'd be out all season, especially being World Cup year. I've nothing against him, but the World Cup deserves better.

@eboue

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I was hoping that he'd be out all season, especially being World Cup year. I've nothing against him, but the World Cup deserves better.

@eboue
Yeah, no doubt - but it's gonna take a fair bit for him to make the squad. It's a risk, I agree - Woy is not to be trusted in that regard. But barring injuries, he must be well out of the picture now.

Member 39557

Yeah, no doubt - but it's gonna take a fair bit for him to make the squad. It's a risk, I agree - Woy is not to be trusted in that regard. But barring injuries, he must be well out of the picture now.
I still remember us hitting long balls at him during the Euro's then watching the Italians stand off him and wait to collect the ball from his poor touch. I don't want to live in a world where Zlatan stays at home whilst Carroll goes to the world cup.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
It'll be either Carroll or Lambert. I don't really care which. So long as Defoe doesn't go.