£35m for Andy Carroll | On loan @ WHU (the big, long, useless streak of pi**...)

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You are right. Lambert > Carroll. I would have Lambert in my side over Carroll. And no thinks there is anything there. He was never that good to begin with and you cant expect him to develop into a world class just because he cost £35m. And playing in all these teams that play long ball will not help to become a good player technically. All he can and will do is win headers for long ball teams.
Even caveman Holt is better than Carroll

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
They'll be showing that long range effort that De Gea easily had covered for the next 5 seasons on Sky. It'll be the new Aguerooooo.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
I really can't understand what he did to deserve being made MoM.
Won a few headers against players 6 inches shorter than him. Elbowed a few people and generally showed no technical ability in possession. Barnstorming English performance.

Nogbadthebad

I think he gets a shove from Vidic though (for the De Gea challenge), which causes him to lose control.
Nope.

He looks directly at de gea, he doesnt even bother to pretend he's going for the ball.

It was a red.

It should be at least a 3 game retro ban.

Untied

"A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

A player who is guilty of serious foul play should be sent off."

MUFCgal

He's a big lump of talentless stinking shite.

He wins some headers, fouls a lot, runs around and acts a nuisance, that's what he does because he's nothing else to give. He has no footballing ability whatsoever.

Not only did he near take De Gea's head off, he clattered into Evra as well. It amazes me how somebody like him can get picked for the England squad.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He gave us a hard time in fairness. Perfect for a team like west ham.

No talent is correct but not a striker I imagine we would enjoy playing against every weekl

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Nowhere near it because 1) he was pushed midair and 2) De Gea got to it first

Not a good challenge and probably worthy of a yellow, but not nearly as bad as you guys are making out.
1) He wasn't getting there anyway. The trajectory of the ball alone proves that.

2) He did, and got clobbered by that oaf for his troubles.

I'm not suggesting he should have received a red card for it, but he should have at least received a booking. When you compare this challenge to what he was actually booked for, it shows how crazy the decision was.

LR7

He actually got MoM? :eek:

In no league other than this would that disgusting performance be praised. He offers nothing whatsoever to the game of football.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
1) He wasn't getting there anyway. The trajectory of the ball alone proves that.

2) He did, and got clobbered by that oaf for his troubles.

I'm not suggesting he should have received a red card for it, but he should have at least received a booking. When you compare this challenge to what he was actually booked for, it shows how crazy the decision was.
I think we agree.

Drainy

"A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

A player who is guilty of serious foul play should be sent off."
It's called a judgment call.
I think your judgement may be off.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Maybe it is. The way I see it is that he was going for the ball and as he jumped he got knocked off course by Vidic and went into De Gea. There's no intent, in my opinion, but the recklessness of it is deserves a yellow.

Liam147

On Probation
It might just be my general lack of bravery on a football field, but if I'm going up for that header, my arms are somewhere in front of me to stop myself smashing my head into the keeper's. Dunno if that'd be seen as common, though.

Also, Untied, have you got a source for that rule? I don't recall dangerous play being a red card offence. Most of what happens in a tackle is dangerous in some way or another.

Of course what he did was dangerous. But I don't see the good old English Football Association ruling a big, strong centre forward challenging for a header as excessive force.

RK

A penalty for West Ham would make more sense than a red card. But neither make sense.

Stop making me defend Andy Carroll I don't enjoy it.

Drainy

Maybe it is. The way I see it is that he was going for the ball and as he jumped he got knocked off course by Vidic and went into De Gea. There's no intent, in my opinion, but the recklessness of it is deserves a yellow.
were intentions relevant when Shawcross broke Ramsey's leg? All he was trying to do was clear the ball up field after a loose touch left him out of position.

Keenst

I agree with you, I think it's been blown out of proportion. He could hardly have stopped himself once he was in the air and Vidic's nudge certainly helped send him into De Gea.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Agreed with Eboue here. Vidic pushed him when he was jumping for the ball.

Caroll's actually worse than Heskey. But he's still young, and with work hard, might get to Heskey's level.

Drainy

I've never had the seething anger that other Arsenal supporters had, so maybe try another example?
If you accept that the Shawcross red was wrong, then fine I'll leave you to your opinion.

Carroll intended to attack the ball and challenge de Gea in the air, the nudge caused the impact where it happened but his dangerous play was attacking the ball with so much speed and power that it endangered the other players. He was using excessive force, and it was a red whether he intended to catch de Gea or not.