£80m Ronaldo Bid accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 5225

if only they had bought Ronaldo first, maybe we would've bid for Kaka :(

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I am too upset at this, providing Fergie is prepared to invest that money in the side and it's not jsut going to the Glazers.
I hope he does keep some of the money for the Glazer's, we could pay off next year's debt repayments right now and still buy a top class player.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
The way I feel at the moment is weird.

I will always thank Ronnie for what he did for the club and the way he helped us turn it round against the likes of Chelsea.

But I also think this is the best thing that could happen to this team.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
£80m :drool:

Hope that figure is true. Obviously losing Ronnie is quite a loss, but that money is stupid.
Yup.

We all knew this day would come sooner or later, it sucks to lose one of your best players but we'll manage as always. Fergie must have already picked out a replacement and probably even started talks to have accepted this bid. My money's on Ribery.

Crustanoid

feck feck feck....I never actually thought this would happen, well at least not this year.

Well at least we still have Rooney...and Vidic and Rio....and Evra....and Carrick, Anderson, about a dozen top-class youth prospects etc....etc...

Oh and the shitload of money Ronaldo will fetch

Brwned

I hope so. Pls dont think that I have anything against Rooney. He is a magnificent talent but Ronaldo is one of the two best players in the world.
Yep, I know, and it's a shame he's going.

But there's no need to panic about it.

Like I said before, could work out in a similar way to us selling Ruud in 05/06, although I doubt it'd work quite as well, I still think it won't work out badly.

If anything the reason Rooney was put to a wing was because of Ronaldos goal scoring now that hes gone i can see SAF playing Rooney upfront and getting at least a winger to replace Ronaldo
Yep, I think(and hope) so too.

Alex

The site has exploded, good bye Ronaldo, LEGEND, but you can feck off if you ever play United again

OneUnited24

He is not a quality finisher like Ronaldo is.
Debateable, i mean we see Ronaldo get into more one on ones than Rooney but thats partly because Ronaldo is our target man. We will only have to wait and see how he copes but its happened and i think he will.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I hope he does keep some of the money for the Glazer's, we could pay off next year's debt repayments right now and still buy a top class player.
I think that we will end up changing our system. IE a quality natural finisher upfront and a 2 quality wingers

keano6_16

in what respect does "unconditional" mean? Does it mean 80m straight up? You have to ask where we are going to get the goals that Ronaldo got for us? Realistically it looks like we are Tevez and Ronaldo down - that is a massive blow for gods sake. I hope fergie has deals in place for top players to fit the bill. I am gutted for our club.

buckooo1978

fergie wouldnt have let him go without having a plan....

i expect to see some players coming in the next week

like in 95 i think fergie must see real potential in the young players

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Disappointed at the price! I hope we put clauses in

Accepted it might happen last season. I can't imagine we wouldn't have a few things in transition before accepting

And let's not start with valencia....

He might be a good player - but it's a clear backwards step...

imacdo2212

Does this mean then that we'll be keeping Tevez LoL!

Last year the club said he wasn't going so I believed them. Last year I supported him when everyone around me lashed out and called him a cnut. This year we've accepted a bid and the kid is off. Not gonna call him names, not gonna waste my breath on being disappointed. Last number 7 we sold to them didn't help all that much, this one probably will.

Messi/Ronaldo/Kaka in the Spanish league is a BIG reason to wanna play there instead of England though lets be fair...

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I blame our tax regime.

The Premiership will have a hard time competing with the Spanish whose higher rate tax is 25% compared with ours of 50%.

Brwned

if only they had bought Ronaldo first, maybe we would've bid for Kaka :(
Chances are Madrid we would've just went into a bidding war with Madrid, and Kaka would choose them over us every time.

bazhef

as long as we have been doing our homework and lining up replacements.....
plus we may not get all of that 80mil to spend.

i think a mini clear out could put us in a brilliant position.
ronaldo, campbell already out, hopefully nani too and maybe even berba would give us the funds to buy ribery, benzema and a strong CM.
sod madrid, we would be untouchable!

Member 5225

Accepted it might happen last season. I can't imagine we wouldn't have a few things in transition before accepting

spot feckin onnn

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wow.. I know theres been constant rumours but this still hit me from out of the blue. I had literally just read the back of the Mirror and burst out laughing to myself about another Ronaldo to Madrid story, this time 80M, then i load up BBC Sport and suckerpunched.

Oh well. He is one of the best players I've ever seen but nobody is bigger than Manchester United. I hope Fergie uses the money wisely. Madrid are fecking crazy, 140M odd for Kaka and Ronnie.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
He's given United great service for six seasons, playing 292 matches, scoring 118 goals.

He goes with my blessing. I'm sure that means a lot to him.

padzilla

Hipster
We have sold our best player in his prime, depending on how United respond in the market, this could send out a very clear message in terms of how the Glazers are really running the club.

CR#7

goodbye ronnie you'll never have the support or the fecking class we gave you son.

Fuzzymel

I am pretty gutted but I also know from past experience we always bounce back and build even stronger teams.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

Great example.

Remember the world and his dog shit a brick when Andrei, Ince and Hughes left ?

5 years later we won the treble.

This is the genesis of Ferguson's last (and best) team.

Mombi

How long is Ronny's contract with United left to run?

Cause if its not long left on his contract, and he wont sign an extension, might as well capitalise on this huge amount. Because ever year after hes value goes down!!!

Brwned

It's over £20m more than has ever been paid for a player, how the hell can you be disappointed with the price?!

P.Head

D.Head
Sir Alex Ferguson...

"I wouldn’t sell Real Madrid a virus".
He has sold them a virus.

I honestly believe this is a great bit of business & that we will be even better without him.

Ronaldo is undoubtedly a fantastic player but an utter utter cnut! I don`t think our performances will suffer too much after the dust on this has settled. It always seemed to be about Ronaldo, he was given carte blanche to do whatever he wanted on the pitch & I believe our other "star" players suffered because of it. Rooney & Berbatov will blossom & come into their own next season.

Also I feel a lot less like a whore being a Manchester United supporter & an apologist for the mosy unlikeable twat to have ever kicked a ball for us.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Last summer I had thought we were just delaying the inevitable by a season. But lately I thought we might hold on to him for another year. But I guess that statement in itself sums up the situation. What's the point in continually struggling to hold onto a player?

After last seasons war with Madrid we held on to the player for another year, he led us to the league and another CL final, and now we sell at our own volition.

My hope last year though was that we would keep him for another season, but find a way not to be so dependent on him in that season. That way we could sell without it being such a shock to the system. Unfortunately we're as dependent as ever. You'd be a little worried going into the season without him now. We'll have to buy a player or two to refresh things, but you can't buy any player in the world who will give you what Ronaldo gives. Ribery and Benzema are great players but all evidence suggests that both of them want to go to Spain.

Interesting times ahead.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Ruud was not as important as Ronaldo is.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Oh my God.

One of the worst day of my life.

I feel even worse than in 2003, after Beckham left.

Status
Not open for further replies.