Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
These ''incredibly upsetting'' posts need to feck off. This place would still have Danny Welbeck up top for us, because he looks nice on the ball at times. Not saying Morata is Welbeck, but Chelsea haven't signed a world beater for 80m. They've signed a bench warmer, who is completely unproven in the Premier League.

prtk0811

We are back where we started though. The biggest disappointment for me is that we didn't get Griezmann. Now we will have to guarantee CL football again for him to sign. No pressure.
Garentee ucl football? Well with this kind of spending it's expected the days of fighting for top 4 are over.

Mindhunter

We don't know what happened behind the scenes so it is extremely naive to pin this on Woodward. There are multiple factors at play here -
  • United were the first club to come for Morata, maybe RM were testing the waters to see how much they could get
  • They wanted De Gea from us and till now we have refused to budge
  • After, we bought Lukaku, they panicked and sold him for much lesser
I am fairly confident that unless Woodward was sure that we won't be able to do business with RM, he wouldn't have splashed money on Lukaku. Here we have a player, who wants to join United and is PL proven. For all we know, Morata might want to go back to Spain within a couple of seasons.

prtk0811

No problem, reality is Morata
knows he was Chelsea's second choice, and Chelsea know they were Morata's second choice (at best).

Sadly I do wonder if we might see a DDG bid now Madrid have some spare funds.
No chance, they want 18 year old mbappe for 130 m euros.

sully1

These ''incredibly upsetting'' posts need to feck off. This place would still have Danny Welbeck up top for us, because he looks nice on the ball at times. Not saying Morata is Welbeck, but Chelsea haven't signed a world beater for 80m. They've signed a bench warmer, who is completely unproven in the Premier League.
Unproven ?
He's got titles and cups in Spain and Italy
2 Champions league medals
Spain's no1 striker

But still unproven?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This will not end well for us but Madrid would not accept the same money from us.

Nero

People going way over the top with their tears and fears. It's Alvaro Morata, not Messi.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Unfortunately neither have we, so we shouldn't bragging too much.

DomesticTadpole

I like him but I hope he fails miserably if it's confirmed that he's signed for them.
I don't want him to fail. He didn't turn us down, so why would I. I just hope Lukaku and the wasters from last season produce the goods. I hope Ed pokes Perez in the eye next time he sees him. I just wish as a club we showed some backbone and stop being so damn chummy with these people.

Mainoldo

£70m plus for Morata yet Bayern a top tier club also get James on a loan and people wonder why English clubs can't do good business.

Mainoldo

I don't want him to fail. He didn't turn us down, so why would I. I just hope Lukaku and the wasters from last season produce the goods. I hope Ed pokes Perez in the eye next time he sees him. I just wish as a club we showed some backbone and stop being so damn chummy with these people.
No no. He's not your brother or cousin so I don't get why you wouldn't want him to fail.

DiceRoller

Good move for him. Will be first choice, playing alongside some(Hazard) world class talent under probably the best manager in the PL.

Better than a move here tbh.

MullerUtd

I'm absolutely gutted about this. I wanted us to sign Morata so badly, he is much better than Lukaku. Now it's interesting to see their H2h stats next season. Watch Morata tear up the league with Chelsea while Lukaku flops. :(

DomesticTadpole

No no. He's not your brother or cousin so I don't get why you wouldn't want him to fail.
I only want people I don't like to fail. I don't care if we are doing well. If he fails and we fail then it won't make me feel better. I want Real to fall flat on their faces. I hate Ramos, I hate Perez and I actually don't particularly like Ronaldo.

Roosney

Don't you dare downplay Danny <3

salford_

Dont know about this first and second choice stuff, but i do know that Conte is the manager Morata wanted to play for. Straight from the horses mouth

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
Topsy turvy world of football just a few weeks back Chelsea fans on the ShedEnd forum were resigned to us getting Lukaku who believed he was destined to lead the line at Stamford Bridge and you chap looks like getting Morata.

Now I have heard mention of Griezman several times and just thought it was worth pointing out CFC have had many dealings with AM over the last few seasons and I would not be surprised if we were alerted first to any potential availability come January as to his likely preferences.

Football this transfer window has gone crazy.

Who will do best Lukaku or Morata. Well Lukaku is a known goal scorer for the EPL so must be the favourite.
Lady luck might just cast a spell, time will tell and the bookies will still be smiling!

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
I hate to say it but Lukaku is going to outscore him and I would have definitely preferred United signing Morata. I just can't shake the feeling that Lukaku is going to score 30+ in the league whilst the Spaniard finds it tougher. For the money Madrid are asking I want a guaranteed match winnner and out of the two of them I'd go with Lukaku. So this leaves Chelsea with Morata and Batshuyai as their main forwards if Costa goes, not too scared of that.

salford_

I hate to say it but Lukaku is going to outscore him and I would have definitely preferred United signing Morata. I just can't shake the feeling that Lukaku is going to score 30+ in the league whilst the Spaniard finds it tougher. For the money Madrid are asking I want a guaranteed match winnner and out of the two of them I'd go with Lukaku. So this leaves Chelsea with Morata and Batshuyai as their main forwards if Costa goes, not too scared of that.
Lukaku is my kind of striker, big lump bulldozer type. Will score goals for anyone, as will Morata. Technically Morata is better, by some way imo, but its about sticking the ball in the net for them both, and both are capable.

Absolutely no way either set of fans can ridicule the others fee, both wayyyyyy overpriced

Just ready for the cringey Lukaku v Morata thread which is bound to happen through the season

Status
Not open for further replies.