Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

I know Matt low maybe saying what Chelsea told him and people believe it's BS, good and all but let's be honest what prevent marca from doing the same ? It has always been the representer of Madrid in the media and says what they are telling them. Madrid could also have told then it's 85m euro to show Madrid is good. It can go either way I'm just pointing.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I know Matt low maybe saying what Chelsea told him and people believe it's BS, good and all but let's be honest what prevent marca from doing the same ? It has always been the representer of Madrid in the media and says what they are telling them. Madrid could also have told then it's 85m euro to show Madrid is good. It can go either way I'm just pointing.
People don't believe Marca, they believe Di Marzio.

el3mel

People don't believe Marca, they believe Di Marzio.
Di Marzio reported the price before the deal is done I guess ?

Let's not forget it was reported everywhere that Pogba deal will be 120m and it was prevailed later to be 105.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I agree. The figure is probably somewhere in between. So Chelsea don't look like they have panicked into being ripped off and Real have not given in and look stupid for overpricing the lad.

roonster09

Scout
Di Marzio reported the price before the deal is done I guess ?

Let's not forget it was reported everywhere that Pogba deal will be 120m and it was prevailed later to be 105.
Di Marzio reported before the deal was done and he was the first who reported it. Matt Law even reported that fee was 75 Million, then came his "excluisive".

I would believe Di Marzio than any English journalists.

IIRC Pogba deal also, Di Marzio reported 100 Million.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Marca have a front page saying that price is 80m Euros plus 5m variables. Same price quoted by Di Marzio.
The same DiMarzio that reported the Pogba fee as well above what it actually was in the end? Also are you really mentioning Marca as a reliable source? Let's ignore the likes of the BBC, telegraph, guardian and every other news outlet.

Truth is even £58m is an extortionate price for Moratta, so relax, you don't need to act as the PR machine for United. Many would happily take Lukakau at £75m plus addons over him any day.

el3mel

Di Marzio reported before the deal was done and he was the first who reported it. Matt Law even reported that fee was 75 Million, then came his "excluisive".

I would believe Di Marzio than any English journalists.

IIRC Pogba deal also, Di Marzio reported 100 Million.
It's not just Matt law is it ? Also Simon Stones and Sky later reported it's about 60m. Chelsea can brief Matt law but will brief BBC as well ? Why will BBC listen to them blindly ?

Di Marzio is 100% trustful in any deal regarding Italian clubs but in any other transfer he's really not a god. If you don't want trust English journalists blindly, that's fair but you should apply this to all journalists, not excluding Di Marzio.

Now I'm not tending to go with this way or that, I'm saying briefing the media can be done by any club and Madrid are expert in this.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
The same DiMarzio that reported the Pogba fee as well above what it actually was in the end? Also are you really mentioning Marca as a reliable source? Let's ignore the likes of the BBC, telegraph, guardian and every other news outlet.

Truth is even £58m is an extortionate price for Moratta, so relax, you don't need to act as the PR machine for United. Many would happily take Lukakau at £75m plus addons over him any day.
Extortionate? In a world where Sterling, Stones, and Kyle Walker cost £50m each I don't think so.

roonster09

Scout
It's not just Matt law is it ? Also Simon Stones and Sky later reported it's about 60m. Chelsea can brief Matt law but will brief BBC as well ? Why will BBC listen to them blindly ?

Di Marzio is 100% trustful in any deal regarding Italian clubs but in any other transfer he's really not a god. If you don't want trust English journalists blindly, that's fair but you should apply this to all journalists, not excluding Di Marzio.

Now I'm not tending to go with this way or that, I'm saying briefing the media can be done by any club and Madrid are expert in this.
Where do you think Simon Stones and other journalists get their news?

Di Marzio isn't god but he was way ahead of anyone in reporting this deal. There wasn't any news that the deal is happening, all of a sudden he tweeted that deal is done and in few hours it's done. So yeah, he is ahead of everyone when it comes to transfers.

Lets agree to disagree. For me Di Marzio then anyone.

el3mel

Where do you think Simon Stones and other journalists get their news?

Di Marzio isn't god but he was way ahead of anyone in reporting this deal. There wasn't any news that the deal is happening, all of a sudden he tweeted that deal is done and in few hours it's done. So yeah, he is ahead of everyone when it comes to transfers.

Lets agree to disagree. For me Di Marzio then anyone.
That can be applied to any club not just Chelsea. If they briefed BBC for the price then we were briefing them for Lukaku and Pogba prices before and that wasn't there actual prices ? I find that to be hard. We can brief them to be interested in a player or not, but we won't brief all the media for a false fee because it will be known sooner or later.

Di Marzia reported the deal I agree, well for him but the prices told before a deal is done hasn't always been exactly the same when the deal itself is completed. I mentioned Pogba for example, also B Silva was reported to be above 70m but it was later revailed he was only 43m. Prices tend to be overestimated before the deal is done. This has always been the case so nothing wrong with that. The real price is known after the deal is done, not before it.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Since our Lukaku deal, this was inevitable, so absolutely no surprise here. Also, the price seems to be the same according to Marca.

Nothing against the lad, just hope, since he went to Chelsea, that my prediction of his ceiling and progress in years ahead will be totally wrong as imo he has the ability to be one of the best strikers in the world.

It just seems that we went for a proven and a safer option, as things now stand.

roonster09

Scout
That can be applied to any club not just Chelsea. If they briefed BBC for the price then we were briefing them for Lukaku and Pogba prices before and that wasn't there actual prices ? I find that to be hard. We can brief them to be interested in a player or not, but we won't brief all the media for a false fee because it will be known sooner or later.

Di Marzia reported the deal I agree, well for him but the prices told before a deal is done hasn't always been exactly the same when the deal itself is completed. I mentioned Pogba for example, also B Silva was reported to be above 70m but it was later revailed he was only 43m. Prices tend to be overestimated before the deal is done. This has always been the case so nothing wrong with that. The real price is known after the deal is done, not before it.
Silva is one more example. Most reputed journalists and RMC reported the deal is 70 Million Euros but all of a sudden it was 43 Million when it comes to English media. Some clubs are bothered about PR stunts, some don't give a shit.

Take Suarez for example, Liverpool journalists all reported that the price was 75 Million, even BBC reported it as 75 Million pounds but Spanish journalists reported 63 Million. Later football leaks showed the fee was 63 Million pounds.

cyberman

When Utd brief the press like this we become a laughing stock but when another club does it we give them the benefit of the doubt?

el3mel

Silva is one more example. Most reputed journalists and RMC reported the deal is 70 Million Euros but all of a sudden it was 43 Million when it comes to English media. Some clubs are bothered about PR stunts, some don't give a shit.

Take Suarez for example, Liverpool journalists all reported that the price was 75 Million, even BBC reported it as 75 Million pounds but Spanish journalists reported 63 Million. Later football leaks showed the fee was 63 Million pounds.
So you believe that English media are the only ones reporting false fees while Spanish and French are always reporting the ideal prices ? and this is based on what ?

That will main all the prices of our transfers are also being briefed to the English media and aren't true them. Something I find it hard to believe.

roonster09

Scout
So you believe that English media are the only ones reporting false fees while Spanish and French are always reporting the ideal prices ? and this is based on what ?

That will main all the prices of our transfers are also being briefed to the English media and aren't true them. Something I find it hard to believe.
English media are always late to the party, so the journalists who break the story first should have more details. Also journalists like Di Marzio have contacts with so many agents, so he won't get information from clubs.

Also I showed you Suarez deal, how it was reported and what football leaks showed.

imamuppet

There was a time when you really couldn't measure these things, so it was easy for people to present their opinion as a fact. That time is gone and now we have social media as some sort of indicator and it tells a different story.

Facebook:
United - 73,8 million
Madrid - 104 million

Twitter:
United - 12,1 million
Madrid - 24,4 million

Instagram:
United - 18,4 million
Madrid - 51,1 million

When United started building their brand abroad they were killing it on the pitch and had star players. Your star has faded in the last few years so your point simply doesn't stand. In year 2017 Man United is the one playing catch up.
LMAO,

so how many players can Real Madrid buy with that ?

Hahahahahahaha

Come on seriously, in this day and age a 'brand' is developed as so to bring in more income.

Even with better social media presence you cant use this as a preface for measurement!

A guide of minimal percentage value, yes

hahahahahahaaa

el3mel

English media are always late to the party, so the journalists who break the story first should have more details. Also journalists like Di Marzio have contacts with so many agents, so he won't get information from clubs.

Also I showed you Suarez deal, how it was reported and what football leaks showed.
Well, let's say anyone is free to believe the source he trusts most, so we agree to disagree then.

gaucho_10

LMAO,

so how many players can Real Madrid buy with that ?

Hahahahahahaha
Real Madrid had the highest revenue of all football clubs for 11 years in a row (until this year) so if you have been following (which I'm sure you have), you could have seen just how much.

LMAO indeed

Cal?

CR7 fan
There was a time when you really couldn't measure these things, so it was easy for people to present their opinion as a fact. That time is gone and now we have social media as some sort of indicator and it tells a different story.

Facebook:
United - 73,8 million
Madrid - 104 million

Twitter:
United - 12,1 million
Madrid - 24,4 million

Instagram:
United - 18,4 million
Madrid - 51,1 million

When United started building their brand abroad they were killing it on the pitch and had star players. Your star has faded in the last few years so your point simply doesn't stand. In year 2017 Man United is the one playing catch up.
You do realize it's not very expensive to buy likes on social media in Taobao right?

gaucho_10

You do realize it's not very expensive to buy likes on social media in Taobao right?
Interesting how users here always find arguments against whatever I write, but turn a blind eye on nonsense I quote.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Interesting how users here always find arguments against whatever I write, but turn a blind eye on nonsense I quote.
Let them think what they like, if they feel better thinking they're bigger than us who cares? As long as we keep expanding that trophy cabinet it's all good. ;)

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
:( All the best, Alvaro.

Taking off in a Chrysler :lol:
As a Madrid fan how do you think he will do? I understand your fans were quite upset he had been sold and benzema was staying.

Our forward players are clever and technical and we have a lot of good movement up top, I'm expecting good things with his technical ability.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I was just pointing out social media followers, much like online polls, are not the most accurate indicators of anything.
Let them think what they like, if they feel better thinking they're bigger than us who cares? As long as we keep expanding that trophy cabinet it's all good. ;)
I think I'm one of the least anti-Real Madrid United fans around, and RM are certainly the only club that rivals us financially or support-wise.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
As a Madrid fan how do you think he will do? I understand your fans were quite upset he had been sold and benzema was staying.

Our forward players are clever and technical and we have a lot of good movement up top, I'm expecting good things with his technical ability.
Always difficult to say but I think he'll link up well with Hazard and Pedro. Hope he does really well for you.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
They're replacing the absolute pond scum of the footballing world with what seems to be a genuinely top bloke.

cheeky_backheel

By the way , Cristiano Ronaldo stepped down from United to Madrid during that time.

United historically have never bought from Madrid , because we always have had better or equal quality players any way.
This is undisputed 2 of your top 5 funniest comments in a single post.

MullerUtd

Facebook:
United - 73,8 million
Madrid - 104 million

Twitter:
United - 12,1 million
Madrid - 24,4 million

Instagram:
United - 18,4 million
Madrid - 51,1 million

Meh. First of all, we came onto the social media scene quite late and our club doesn't seem to care about our digital technology, just check out our club's website! :lol: I swear it's been like this since I was 8 years old. So this doesn't paint the full picture.

Secondly, if you really want to use social media to measure this, I can also use our respective websites' traffic to measure it.

Man Utd's website gets an average of 8.6 million monthly visitors and we are ranked 5,239 in the world whereas Real Madrid's website gets an average of 7.2 million monthly visitors and is ranked 6,127 in the world.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
That part of the guerilla interview done at the airport was surreal, specifically when he is asked about the question about joining United. He looked genuinely miffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.