Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ah just throw the money at Madrid and get it over with. Increasing our bid bit by bit piecemeal is only going to drag this out longer. Seems pretty nailed on that Auba/Lukaku are PSG/Chelsea bound respectively and Belotti will cost the same as what Morata will if Madrid get their way anyway.
Yeah you're right. Let's just give them £120m and sign him tomorrow so the fans can be happy. Everybody knows signing a player before your rivals in the summer is the most important aspect of a transfer.

Infra-red

What will happen in 2-3 years time when he inevitably wants to leave to spain or a country with better weather?
He wants to stay at madrid as it is, he does not want to leave. Why would we want to acquire him?
Yeah I really wish we'd never signed that kid Ronaldo and I curse the day De Gea joined us.

Enigma_87

You know who
All Spanish players want to leave? Because there are many in PL who have settled well.

In any case, we will make the money unless he flops.
The chance of us making money on 60-70m pounds is much less than flopping tbh.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The chance of us making money on 60-70m pounds is much less than flopping tbh.
If this season transfer prices are anything to go by then we will make profit on him or at least re coup what we paid (unless he flops so badly).

Enigma_87

You know who
We don't need to make a net profit from transfers.
I was referring to roonster post, otherwise I agree.

If this season transfer prices are anything to go by then we will make profit on him or at least re coup what we paid (unless he flops so badly).
We usually tend to wait on players to turn it around after a bad season and don't sell for profit, unless the player wants out. That's why I said the chances we make profit in purely economical sense are slim.

Mainoldo

I feel we are due a dip in the market again after 2 years. No way will these fees be sustainable.

notcool

Supports
a
100m pounds for both James and Morata is fair. But then Madrid will ask for 150m. They are just insufferable.
They don't have to sell us anyone, mate. Those players belong to them and they can reject £200m bids apiece for them.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He doesn't sound keen on leaving Madrid.
If he leaves it will be by his own choice. Club wants to keep him. If he decides to stay, even £100M bids will be turned down

Robertd0803

Yeah you're right. Let's just give them £120m and sign him tomorrow so the fans can be happy. Everybody knows signing a player before your rivals in the summer is the most important aspect of a transfer.
Not advocating giving them £120 million considering they want £78 million unless they throw in Rodriguez as well.

My point isn't about signing him before anyone else signs anyone just because, it was that that other alternative options are already ruled out because they have signed or are pretty much definite to sign for other teams therefore limiting the options available to us to begin with. And if Morata really is our number one target then stop messing around and get it done.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I feel we are due a dip in the market again after 2 years. No way will these fees be sustainable.
I don't think prices will decrease. It'll either stagnate or increase.

We usually tend to wait on players to turn it around after a bad season and don't sell for profit, unless the player wants out. That's why I said the chances we make profit in purely economical sense are slim.
I think we have improved on that aspect.

el3mel

If he leaves it will be by his own choice. Club wants to keep him. If he decides to stay, even £100M bids will be turned down
I don't think United will bid for him unless we are sure that he wants to come. I think Jose might have talked to him before the club makes any bid, otherwise we wouldn't have wasted time bidding for him.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I don't think United will bid for him unless we are sure that he wants to come. I think Jose might have talked to him before the club makes any bid, otherwise we wouldn't have wasted Tim bidding for him.
Tim is always wasted

CM

But what about miki and mata? I'd have either of them in the team over martial.

If we play with 3 cm thrn there are only two slots up top other than thr number 9.
Yeah I expect Mkhitaryan will be first choice next season and that we'll sign a left sided player with the Perisic links, Martial is just my preference.

Mata will likely be a rotation option next season, not too keen on him as a regular starter on the wing.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What will happen in 2-3 years time when he inevitably wants to leave to spain or a country with better weather?
He wants to stay at madrid as it is, he does not want to leave. Why would we want to acquire him?
You've sold me. Let's see if Ricky Lambert is available.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What's that based on? We've had an upward trajectory for about 50 years.

GM K

He has had an awful season by his standards.
Besides, to emphasise further why Benzema is a superior partner to a Morata for CR7, He created 38 chances this season to Morata's 17.
Thanks mate. I was just beginning to wonder why, in throwing stats around, people only point to assists and goals. How about chance creation?

Iniesta does not have impressive goals/assist stats but who can deny his immense value to Barcelona over the years?

GM K

This is one of the reasons i don't trust stats, those stats are misleading, everyone on that list except morata is their team's go to guy. Everyone other than morata has played big games for their respective clubs, morata did not play against either atletico or barcelona and he failed to score against sevilla the only top 4 team he actually played against.
The important things here is that the kid is a really good player with lots of potential and Jose has a special bond with him. I like the prospect of him and Rashford competing for a spot for many years.

Let's relax. This is going to be a good buy.

Frank Grimes

This is one of the reasons i don't trust stats, those stats are misleading, everyone on that list except morata is their team's go to guy. Everyone other than morata has played big games for their respective clubs, morata did not play against either atletico or barcelona and he failed to score against sevilla the only top 4 team he actually played against.
Morata has scored at the highest level. He scored 5 goals in the knockout stages of the Champions League for Juventus in 14-15, including the equaliser in the final.

Klopp_De_Klown

He doesn't sound keen on leaving Madrid.
He is not happy at not playing and he is under the impression thats not going to change at Real. Madrid want some nobody that nobody knows from Monaco for something like 1 Billion Dollars.

He would like to stay but he prefers to play... As of this moment he is thinking he needs to leave. If the Mbappe deal falls through that could change. But it didn't much help him last season now did it

R'hllor

Overpaying for unwanted ones so we can get them out of that circus,even tho,if its up to them,they rather stay and be clowns. What can go wrong

RedorDead21

Sanchez was the one I was thinking of writing that post :D It's difficult to know exactly when Mourinho will likely want at least one grafter but even if we signed more of a tricky winger for the right and put Martial back on the left I'd be happy with that.
Do you mean someone like....ousmane dembele....

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Good luck to him. Madrid are going to buy Mbappe soon but for some players the prestige of hanging onto the Madrid stature is more important than actually playing to their potential. See Coentrao, Fabio for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.