g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma_87

You know who
Zidane wants Morata to stay. And it's Morata's agent that is talking about lack of playing time.
He wants him to stay but he's second fiddle to Benzema(even in crap form), naturally he'd want him to stay as a squad option but Morata wants to play. Think he still believes he can win his place there, but if Real receive a good offer will sell him to fund Mbappe.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Where is he covering it from, his fecking bedroom? The twat!!
Metro clearly mentioned that Morata said that after CL finals in the article but that twat posted it without any context.

However, despite his lack of playing time, Morata has confirmed he wants to stay at the Bernabeu and ruled out a move to AC Milan.

‘I want to be playing and to be important to the squad, particularly next year when there is the World Cup,’ said Morata following last weekend’s Champions League final success.

‘But I want to fight for my place here, I would be crazy to leave Real Madrid.

‘It’s hard to imagine going back to Italy, despite my experience in Serie A being extraordinary. I would like to stay at Real Madrid, and the only club for me in Italy are Juventus.’

Nickosaur

I'll be honest, I've gone from being underwhelmed to completely in favour of bringing Morata in. It didn't click that Jose was the one who gave him his chance, and his goal to minutes record, having been a sub most of the season, is quality. Just get the feeling that given a full season as first choice striker he's going to surprise a lot of people.

Where is he covering it from, his fecking bedroom? The twat!!
I can actually feel your frustration :lol:

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
It's nothing to do with Stupid. It's a supply and demand market with a lot of incredibly rich clubs. If we're desperate for a striker, which I'm sure we are, of course we will end up paying whatever is needed. On the contrary, it's wise to just go out and get what you need. Because come mid-season all the money in the world won't buy you a goal.
True.

But the possibility that there is another player out there for a lot cheaper makes people hesitant. If you knew for a fact that Morata was the best option from a graph of price against quality then nobody would care. But that unknowing, that feeling that you could get a better deal plays on your mind

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I'm not sold on his stats but if he is the player José wants and trusts let's get it done and dusted.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think you need to chill. He does write for the BBC but this is his personal account.
I'm totally calm. Either he's is stupid for not being able to see the quotes for what they are, or he's doing it fot attention. With the latter being much worse. In any case the guy is a moron and should not be posted here.

Noc-Z

ffs
I'm totally calm. Either he's is stupid for not being able to see the quotes for what they are, or he's doing it fot attention. With the latter being much worse. In any case the guy is a moron and should not be posted here.
OK, I didn't post it but I believe it is a genuine quote.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'll be honest, I've gone from being underwhelmed to completely in favour of bringing Morata in. It didn't click that Jose was the one who gave him his chance, and his goal to minutes record, having been a sub most of the season, is quality. Just get the feeling that given a full season as first choice striker he's going to surprise a lot of people.

I can actually feel your frustration :lol:
Yeah same. I've come around. Especially considering there aren't too many quality strikers, morata can be one that explodes with added responsibility. Plus he's an all rounder which will help our game, just need him to be clinical which he hasnt shown too much through his career so far.

bosnian_red

Also since the thing he wants most is being a key player, then that wont happen at Madrid. Ronaldo isnt at his best when he plays, they dont bring the best out of each other and because of that, madrid will always look for someone else to start. Also if benzema were to break down, then they would probably go sign a bigger name then morata to be their main striker. So I think he'll leave.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Except for English clubs and 3-4 foreign owned investors who has the money to keeping spending at this rate. Prices will soon raise above the second tier clubs net worth. Your talking about Southampton request £70m for a defender but do they have £50m to pay for his replacement? Naturally it will have to come back to a medium.
Then why hasnt it happened before?

Well yes, because they will keep getting £70Mil for their own player. Money filters down from the top clubs. There's no signs of it stopping any time soon.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
OK, I didn't post it but I believe it is a genuine quote.
It's a genuine quote from a week ago. It's already been posted numberous times.

Things move on very fast, and the way he is displaying it makes it seem like "new" relevant information. It isn't.

notcool

Supports
a
He wants him to stay but he's second fiddle to Benzema(even in crap form), naturally he'd want him to stay as a squad option but Morata wants to play. Think he still believes he can win his place there, but if Real receive a good offer will sell him to fund Mbappe.
So it's Morata who wants to go and the club that wants him to stay, the opposite of what you said previously.

manunited1919

I don't like this potential signing at all. If we buy him we will be looking for a striker within a year. Unless Jose wants to have Morata to have a challenge for Rashford to be able to claim the 9 position for himself, sending Morata back to the bench.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Things move on very fast, and the way he is displaying it makes it seem like "new" relevant information. It isn't.

This.

Nothing against the poster who posted the initial tweet or anything btw, but it is basically fake news at this point as that quote is irrelevant now.

Noc-Z

ffs

OK I see what you mean. Not exactly "fake news" but a little misleading to post it with no context which may lead people to think he said it recently in the midst of the speculation linking him with a move (to us). Not worth getting upset about though, there will be loads of this all summer it's just getting going. In fact this won't be the worst of it, at least it seems to come from a place of truth, even if a little misleading. Some of the stuff we are going to hear will be just plain nonsense.

AXVnee7

Morata would be a good acquisition and 50-60m is about right but we shouldn't go over 60m.

Morata on his own isn't strong enough to bolster our attacking options to where they need to be. I would be saying this with most strikers we would sign. We need a supplementary source of goals like a Griezmann or a Sanchez. Someone like Perisic won't cut it. I think if we sign Morata, we need to also sign a strong attacker to build a good front 3 with goals spread out. At the moment we are relying on Ibra, and I don't know if Morata is good enough to match Ibra's tally.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Also since the thing he wants most is being a key player, then that wont happen at Madrid. Ronaldo isnt at his best when he plays, they dont bring the best out of each other and because of that, madrid will always look for someone else to start. Also if benzema were to break down, then they would probably go sign a bigger name then morata to be their main striker. So I think he'll leave.
Reading Marca today you get the feeling they give it for granted he is off.

They are saying the problem with Mbappe is that Zidane doesn't see him replacing Benzema but Bale and emphasises how it would also limit gametime for his protege Asensio. No mention of Morata anywhere.

If you are Morata reading that you can only conclude you have to leave.

KristianMackle

Madrid would be crazy to sell Morata and at the very least not put in a buy back clause; which will be a no-go for us.

Noc-Z

ffs
Morata would be a good acquisition and 50-60m is about right but we shouldn't go over 60m.

Morata on his own isn't strong enough to bolster out attacking options to where they need to be. I would be saying this with most strikers we would sign. We need a supplementary source of goals like a Griezmann or a Sanchez. Someone like Perisic won't cut it. I think if we sign Morata, we need to also sign a strong attacker to build a good front 3 with goals spread out. At the moment we are relying on Ibra, and I don't know if Morata is good enough to match Ibra's tally.
I'd like to sign him and I agree on the fee. I also agree that on his own he won't be enough. I feel we badly need wingers. I honestly think Perisic woudl be ideal for us. Morata, Perisic and Fabinho would not be a bad Summer. Throw in Lindelof and that's another 4 quality additions.

bosnian_red

Madrid would be crazy to sell Morata and at the very least not put in a buy back clause; which will be a no-go for us.
They already sold him and bought him back once, trust me that there wouldnt be a buy back clause if we get him for 60m because he isnt even worth that really.

midnightmare

A buy-back clause is typically accepted by a buying club only if it dramatically reduces the buying price. In all cases though, the clause is either a first-option (which also implies that the initial seller has an option to match if the club wants to sell and has an offer from another interested club) or is a higher value than the initial price. I don't see either scenario playing out. Madrid are asking for £70Mn+ and at that level, I just can't see United accepting a pointless buy-back clause.

When he went to Juve, he was sold for just 20 Mn Euros with a buy-back at 30 Mn Euros. Can you see such a value differential this time?

WPMUFC

new Morata quote about wanting more game time, now sky sources saying we are likely to NOT give zlatan a new deal. I smell a transfer might be about to happen :lol:

Cliche Guevara

Except for English clubs and 3-4 foreign owned investors who has the money to keeping spending at this rate. Prices will soon raise above the second tier clubs net worth. Your talking about Southampton request £70m for a defender but do they have £50m to pay for his replacement?
Yeah, they've got £70m :houllier:

Enigma_87

You know who
So it's Morata who wants to go and the club that wants him to stay, the opposite of what you said previously.
The club wants to make profit of him. So it's still the same. Morata wants first team football and is willing to stay if he's promised that. Real might give him some assurances in order to let him stay, but still if the right offer comes they'll sell him IMO.

Come next season he might be in the same shoes like he's now.

To me is simple Real wants X amount for Morata to sell him outright. If no club pays that amount they will keep him as rotational player being assured first team football. If Morata is assured that he won't leave Real simple as.

If there is a club(read United) willing to match Real's asking price they can easily say to him he's not wanted and accept the offer. It's not the first time they do that either.

Cliche Guevara

So if They get £70m for Van Dijk. Using your common sense they can afford to buy Phil Jones of us for £50m.
It's not my common sense, I'm just answering your question. They can spend the money on whoever they like. I don't really get your point.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Haha I wish, but I heard Instagram shows your mutual follows first, so if someone from Full Time Devils was looking at his followers those ones would be top of list. I hope though.
Damn it! I have a couple of exceptions to this rule when checking who he follows, but I guess you're right. IG should sort that shit out for summer transfer windows, they'd get more hits from muppets, too.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Haha I wish, but I heard Instagram shows your mutual follows first, so if someone from Full Time Devils was looking at his followers those ones would be top of list. I hope though.
I'm certainly not an expert but I don't think it does. I went on to his page and the follower at the top was Mata, who I wasn't following.

Noc-Z

ffs
Damn it! I have a couple of exceptions to this rule when checking who he follows, but I guess you're right. IG should sort that shit out for summer transfer windows, they'd get more hits from muppets, too.
Well I don't know for sure but I read it in one of the comments below and it seemed to have some backing with others posting his followers and it appeared different for everyone depending on who was looking and who they also followed. Ah who knows man, the modern transfer market eh? I'd like to see him sign and if he has just gone and followed a bunch of United players, good sign.

AgentP

No it doesn't. I checked his Instagram and the mutual follows are random. So it looks he did follow all the United players just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.