Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I don't want an unenthusiastic player at our club. We've already seen examples of how that works out. Get lost.
What makes you think he's unenthusiastic? Just because he said he didn't want to leave straight after winning the CL?

gaucho_10

Diego Costa might be in play and wont be a bad option to fill in the gap but assume he wants Atletico
If Bale was not out injured, Isco would still be on the bench.

Nobody is benching BBC anytime soon and its not just for footballing abilities.
Really all comes down to this.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Haha people getting upset at rehashed quotes by the METRO ffs :lol:

He clearly wants to come, we wouldn't be bidding otherwise.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
What makes you think he's unenthusiastic? Just because he said he didn't want to leave straight after winning the CL?
Is that when Morata made the reported statements about wanting to stay at Madrid, after Cardiff?

I have checked AS and Marca this morning and couldn't find any quotes from yesterday about staying at Madrid. I was wondering where the papers had got the quotes.

R'hllor

yeah he couldn't wait to sit on their bench for a season.

Didn't they buy him for a certain price due to a clause and want to sell him off for a profit that summer?
Well guess,he would rather do that then to stay in Juve.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Well guess,he would rather do that then to stay in Juve.
I don't think any 24 year old striker would prefer to sit on any bench rather than start for Juve

Von Mistelroum

Who's left then? I think Belotti is going to Milan. We might have to really hope Zlatan gets fit and use Rashford until he does.

BigCaine

:lol:

That's how it works in FM but IRL it's different.
It isn't, only in your make believe world do your rules apply.

There can be no legally binding contract that can force any player sold by any club to sign back for the club. The essence of a transfer fee is to void the existing contract between player and selling club. If there is another contract what would be the logic of transfer fees.

If utd had a buyback clause during his sale, it would be binding on burnley not on keane, keane would only sign if utd convinced him to sign not otherwise never otherwise and why would anyone sign for a club who would just want to sell him on for profit. You have no clue what you are talking about be it contracts or rumours, being witty isn't an alternative to knowing things.

Edit: why negredo signed i don't know, but again there cannot be any actual written agreement between club and sold player, it wouldn't be actually enforceable. Also what you are saying in the next post happened in alderwiereld case, though not a buyback per se, Southampton did have loan to buy, atletico sold him to Tottenham instead as that is where player wanted to go, an agreement between clubs can't be forced on players.

Last edited:

R'hllor

I don't think any 24 year old striker would prefer to sit on any bench rather than start for Juve
Yea thats why he accepted to return back to RM while Benzema is still there vs staying at Juve and keep playing regularly.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Keep in mind last year he kept saying how he wanted to stay at juve, how he wasn't thinking about going back to madrid, etc. Then when it became clear that we were going to buy him back, he started saying how he'd like to stay at juve but it wasn't up to him(it wasn't entirely up to him, sure, but if he actually wanted to stay there, he would have)

Basically, he doesn't want to give the impression that he's the one who wants out. But as i've said, if he leaves, it will be because he wanted to, not because the club wanted to sell

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It isn't, only in your make believe world do your rules apply.

There can be no legally binding contract that can force any player sold by any club to sign back for the club. The essence of a transfer fee is to void the existing contract between player and selling club. If there is another contract what would be the logic of transfer fees.

If utd had a buyback clause during his sale, it would be binding on burnley not on keane, keane would only sign if utd convinced him to sign not otherwise never otherwise and why would anyone sign for a club who would just want to sell him on for profit. You have no clue what you are talking about be it contracts or rumours, being witty isn't an alternative to knowing things.
Why did Negredo go back to Madrid only for them to sell him in weeks to Sevilla for bigger money? Oh yes because Madrid activated their buy back clause.

If they dont have agreement with player then the clause is useless as other club can offer bigger contract to reject the buying club.

gr3yham3

I am sure Morata wants to come, if not, as others have said, we would not have bid in the first place. Di Marzio also mentioned that Jose has called to talk to Morata too, which could be a true story since he has the canny ability to call the right transfer stories. Jose's prototypical striker is tall, stong, holds up the ball well, good in the air, rather pacy, runs the channels and works hard for the team - all the assets that Morata has, and I am sure Jose knows that very well too since he was the one who gave Morata his debut. People here talk about the costs being too high, about other strikers like Aubameyang or Lacazette - but these players are not the strikers that have always been the centrepiece of Jose's successful teams. Morata also is not one who only can play well when starting a game - his contributions when coming off the bench are good too, unlike some players who need time to "get into" the match when called off the bench. Morata has also shown gradual improvement year on year, with vital UCL and big club appearances. He also played with Pogba during his stint at Juventus. Lastly, the World Cup is coming up. If he wants to be the striker for the national team, then he has to move to where he is first choice, and to a place where he knows he can develop even further and shine more. This transfer really makes a whole load of sense.

I am confident that Morata will flourish here, especially under Jose and I won't be surprised if we see his name topping the goal-scoring charts come May 2018 if he joins us.

notcool

Supports
a
other strikers like Aubameyang or Lacazette - but these players are not the strikers that have always been the centrepiece of Jose's successful teams.
You can add Mbappe to that list too.

GBBQ

If the quotes were made in the wake of the Champions League win then:

1. Spirits and emotions are high post win.
2. Zidane may not have yet spoke about his plans for next season
3. united may not have made a bid at that stage

All told you don't expect a player to say I am off so soon after winning a double like that. I am cautious about players moving against their will or settling for United (AdM being an expensive lesson there) but if he can see there is no future at Madrid and likes what United can offer then he might change his mind.

Virtuoso

I brought you bad news, i give you good news.
I think some people here should look at the full quotes from his own agent:

Alvaro Morata’s agent: “He cannot do a season like this again.”

Speaking exclusively to our colleagues at Foot Mercato, Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata’s agent discussed his client’s situation.

“Alvaro is a player who wants to play a more important role. He wants to play more. Which is normal for an attacker who has scored 19 goals. It is too little… I do not know (if he will do another season at Madrid). This has been a brilliant season for Real Madrid who have won many titles. The player will take a clear and definitive decision in the coming days. I have not yet met with the representatives from Real Madrid.”

On interest from AC Milan:

It existed and continues to exist, like other big teams who are interested in a player of his quality… We have not received any offers from France.

On whether what Morata wants most is to play:

Yes exactly. That is what Alvaro wants. He does not want to do a season like this again. It was a great season, but he wants to play more.
Those Metro quotes are not new, they are rehashed from the day of the CL final where, understandably, he was never going to reveal his intention or desire to leave for first team football. Whether he does leave or not is another matter.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan

All told you don't expect a player to say I am off so soon after winning a double like that. I am cautious about players moving against their will or settling for United (AdM being an expensive lesson there) but if he can see there is no future at Madrid and likes what United can offer then he might change his mind.
"I stay" from Ronaldo should be enough.

Anyways i think the quotes rom his agent are making sure he wants to play or he will leave.

vodrake

In an interview literally moments after your team won the Champions League, not a single player on the planet is going to go "Yeah, it was great to win, but I'm now looking forward to leaving so I can get more game time."

notcool

Supports
a
So: if Zidane wants to keep Benzema as first choice, Morata will leave.

WPMUFC

So: if Zidane wants to keep Benzema as first choice, Morata will leave.
I actually think it's more than that. i think he probably know it's the same situation next season and they are setting up the excuse to leave.

Enigma_87

You know who
I actually think it's more than that. i think he probably know it's the same situation next season and they are setting up the excuse to leave.
Yup. They are looking to offload him for profit, while he wants to stay. A bit of a no no situation.

Virtuoso

For the record, I think Morata would be an outstanding signing having watched him a fair bit playing for Juventus (and less for Real too). This is someone who Mourinho gave his debut to when he was only 18 (I think), and who he has a great deal of affection for and a very close relationship with. He has almost every attribute that you would want in a striker, but needs the right platform to showcase his talent and I hope that we are the ones who give him the opportunity to become a top striker.

Also, I think some are being very lazy in their assessment of Morata by taking a completely surface level look at his goalscoring record by only looking at league goals. I don't really watch La Liga very often, and so won't comment on his goalscoring record from last season but everyone can see he had a very good strike rate (2nd best in the whole league). It has been said that Zidane favoured Benzema, and that was the key reason for him not playing more.

For Juventus, in 2014-15 he scored 15 goals (2nd highest scorer for the club in all competitions) and in 2015-16 he scored 12 goals (3rd highest, and 1 fewer than Mandzukic who played a heck of a lot more minutes than him). This is to not even mention his all round game, and the fact that he even played off the wing at times and provided a number of assists and created many chances too. Add to that his key goals in the CL at the age of 22, including scoring against Real in the semi and Barca in the final as well as his winner in the Coppa Italia final against Milan last season in ET (despite coming on again as a late sub).

He's also scored 9 in 20 appearances for Spain (his record for the U21s was 13 in 13).

I could see him being a great signing for us, and hope we can sign him. Always been a big fan.

Mainoldo

What's that based on? We've had an upward trajectory for about 50 years.
Except for English clubs and 3-4 foreign owned investors who has the money to keeping spending at this rate. Prices will soon raise above the second tier clubs net worth. Your talking about Southampton request £70m for a defender but do they have £50m to pay for his replacement? Naturally it will have to come back to a medium.

notcool

Supports
a
Yup. They are looking to offload him for profit, while he wants to stay. A bit of a no no situation.
Zidane wants Morata to stay. And it's Morata's agent that is talking about lack of playing time.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yea thats why he accepted to return back to RM while Benzema is still there vs staying at Juve and keep playing regularly.
Buy back clause. He was going to be sold elsewhere until Madrid priced everyone out

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Doesn't look like the Morata speculation is going away any time soon... this could actually happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.