Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatboy

4th in pecking order at Real behind 3 strikers who cost more than 80mil in today's market and won't join us anyway. He's on a long contract, won't disrespect his boyhood club, and the whole world knows we're rich and desperate for a no.9. This deal had "overpay" written all over it right from the start. We're lucky he's actually available and wants to join. We're gonna pay pretty much what they ask in the end, and I just hope we get it done quickly.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
We need this deal over the line soon, because otherwise we risk not going into the season with a top class striker at the ready and that will blow any title chances before they begin. I think Morata will prove to be one of mourinho best ever purchases and he will absolutely shine in the premier league. For that reason I'd happily pay madrids asking price, anything to stop us signing that donkey Lukaku as well.

podurban2

Looks like this is going to happen, people better get used to it. Hope there won't be too much whining...

Adnandos

£70m? Id rather throw another 30 on it and get Kane.
This type of comment getting repeated every 2 days is getting tiresome imo. Why people think Kane would only cost 100mil pounds is beyond me

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
This type of comment getting repeated every 2 days is getting tiresome imo. Why people think Kane would only cost 100mil pounds is beyond me
The presumption of putting an extra few mill ontop and easily landing Kane is ridiculous. First of all, Levy is notorious for being hard to deal with. He's looking at the Mbappe fee and rubbing his hands in glee, since Kane is English and proven - his fee would be scandalous. Only when Spurs fall out of top 4 will Kane possibly look for a move as well, he seems a little more grounded than the likes of Lukaku and others. Kane is a non-runner until he requests to leave.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
here's my prediction: deal will be agreed in principle before the end of June. Fee will be between £66+£8/13 in add-ons - £70+£5(millions of course :wenger:). Morata will be announced as a MUFC player by July 20-25 at the latest

when all of this comes true, that will mean i'm actually ITK and i will be a God to the muppets :lol:

Xcited

Think fans will be surprised if/when he comes. Think he will do very well here.

podurban2

here's my prediction: deal will be agreed in principle before the end of June. Fee will be between £66+£8/13 in add-ons - £70+£5(millions of course :wenger:). Morata will be announced as a MUFC player by July 20-25 at the latest

when all of this comes true, that will mean i'm actually ITK and i will be a God to the muppets :lol:
Would you say this is a good deal for us? I mean obviously Real don't need him, but do you think he has the potential to be top scorer in the PL?

kirk buttercup

Most people are happy with Morata, Perisic on the other hand...
Perisic will be a good signing if it happens. A lot of people wanted to get rid of Tony V too and saying he wasn't United Quality I also remember some fans giving out about De Gea after his first few matches saying he was going to get bullied and should be dropped , Zlatan was too old, Evra was questionable after his first few games too, I think the Professional Managers know a little more than We do when trying to get the right players.

GrandJury

Pls

Mike09

If Jose really wants Morata then let's sign this guy even if it's cost too much. We will teach Real Madrid how to sign players properly by not messing around with fees and fax machine.

Bosws87

If Jose really wants Morata then let's sign this guy even if it's cost too much. We will teach Real Madrid how to sign players properly by not messing around with fees and fax machine.
Yeh lets pay whatever they ask for their reserve striker so they can channel all those funds towards Mbappe the greatest young striker talent currently on the market.

That'll teach them! :p

Hal9000

Anyone else waiting for the inevitable... reports wide off the mark, we were never interested stories?

El-Manos

Perisic will be a good signing if it happens. A lot of people wanted to get rid of Tony V too and saying he wasn't United Quality I also remember some fans giving out about De Gea after his first few matches saying he was going to get bullied and should be dropped , Zlatan was too old, Evra was questionable after his first few games too, I think the Professional Managers know a little more than We do when trying to get the right players.
Yet they make mistakes as well. Many players have equally failed, especially in the premier league. We will see what happens anyway no point in discussing this yet.

IhabX7

So its seems they want 90m Euros, I say we can get better players around this price.

James Peril

I am welcoming Alvaro Morata and think he will live up to expectations, it's just that they aren't extremely high. He could of course develop a whole lot and become a real goalscorer, but at 24/25 you are probably not going to reinvent your natural instincts. Scoring goals for Real Madrid isn't difficult, and why didn't he score goals for Juventus despite playing lots? Genuine question for the ones who know him better than me from when he was in Italy. I guess watching Real Madrid and Monaco has me dreaming of more goals and better football, but we're so far away from that right now..

M4YON

Depends how you look at it.

He's certainly worth more than 1.8 John Stones's.
We juat paid £31 million for a good CB in Lindelof and City paid £43 million for a very good RW/Cam in Bernardo Silva so £78 million for morata is nothing short of daylight robbery.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
What would the other club that was in for Morata (AC Milan?) pay for him? €60m tops?

Real do have to sell Morata if they want Mbappe, so in that sense they don't hold *all* the cards.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We juat paid £31 million for a good CB in Lindelof and City paid £43 million for a very good RW/Cam in Bernardo Silva so £78 million for morata is nothing short of daylight robbery.
The fundamental point, though, is why does anyone other than Ed Woodward give a feck?

You think £50m is more reasonable? Tell yourself he cost £50m, you'll literally not be affected in any way regardless.

Lemansky

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If we see some briefs from the club on other targets in the coming days it will pretty much confirm that we ain't paying 90 million for him. He is Mous number one target, so I reckon Woody will do his utmost to land Morata.

Status
Not open for further replies.