Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Why would he want to leave now? Look at that midfield that will be supporting him this season. I'm sure if he was just to say "Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger" out loud, all would be right in his world.

JoaquinJoaquin

I must say that I would worry about the lack of creativity in our squad if we do in fact end up selling him. Di Maria is a player that will create something out of nothing and as nice as our midfield now will be, We don't have too many of them in the squad.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He got a hamstring injury and played in the Copa America, he's having an extended break.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Not much of a shock, he finished Copa America a week ago. With injury.
Rojo's leaving. :eek:

I still can't get why some want us to sell him. Even if we get offered the same amount, why? We have nobody in the team except Memphis who offers outright pace and trickery on the wings, something that you need to unlock tight defences. Di Maria will improve on last year. He's determined to do so as well going by his interviews. Signing and selling within a year would just be a stupid thing to do. Give the guy a break and get behind him.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
It'd be a huge folly to sell him, this season, with our potential line-up the minute he hits form we'll be steam-rolling sides. This lad is at the very top of the game and we need to keep him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We shouldn't and won't sell him unless PSG offer up silly money (I'm talking like £80m or something daft).

mu77

Hope we don't sell him. World class on his day; the first few games he had for us, he was on a different level to everyone else.

JSV. same - first two months was great. then meh. i'd have cavani in a swap.

MJJ

Should keep him unless we get a player in return.

----------Rooney----------
-Depay-------------Di Maria-
------Schwe-Herrera--------
---------Scheid-------------

Thats a very good side.

Sam

Selling him now would put a massive downer on whats been an incredible Summer so far.

SoCross

juan seba veron - and that's your opinion mine is different. i doubt PSG would do it.
Ah gotcha. Well, hope they won't. Worth giving him one more season for him to show his quality IMO.

RetroStu

He's a genuine world class player, he should be given another season to turn it around. If he doesn't improve then fair enough, he will of been given his chance.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I'm not sure we have any elite level attackers anymore so it does seem a bit questionable to sell Di Maria when clubs like PSG + Bayern are interested.

He surely has more to offer and with a competent midfield at United now maybe it will help him shine. Hope he stays

justboy68

I expect he'll look much better as the general quality of our team improves, which it will do with our summer signings. I desperately want him to become a success here because he's capable of being a phenomenal player.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Our most talented player easily. Even with the new signings its difficult to see us usurping Chelsea without Di Maria having a good season.

bucky

Ogden knows nothing these days. Not sure about the reports from France though. Hopefully false.

Brightonian

If he doesn't manage to settle in this season, then you think about fielding offers next summer. But this is when we should really be expecting him to start to flourish, so it would be premature to have given up already.

Bojan11

At times he was trying too hard last season to impress.

But with better players it should help him. I would be furious if we sold him though after one season unless PSG have given us the full £60m that we paid for him.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I wouldn't sell him. However, if he really wants out and we replace him with a good striker then I will get over it. But we really should be giving him a chance considering the fee we payed...

Big Andy

Bloke
I think this season, with better players around him, and if he could have an injury/burglary free season, then I think he'd be great for us...

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Definitely shouldn't sell him after one season as I really think he'd kick on this year. The French reports don't seem to be going away though unfortunately.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Selling him now will just negate the good work we have done this transfer window. He deserves another chance. He will come good this season especially with the players we have brought in.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
One thing's for certain. He's not going to be playing through the middle this season.

I think this new batch of signings might be good for Di Maria. The pressure might be off and that might be what he needs to thrive here.

Varun

Staff
With the superb base we have now, he will get an even better platform to flourish. No way should we sell him now.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I wouldnt want to sell him but if we a ridiculous offer like £30-40m + Lucas (wanted Verrati before but after yesterday not anymore) then we can make something happen.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Well Mark Ogden from Telegraph is now claiming that Di Maria might be nearing MUFC exit. He mentions in his article that Di Maria wants a Real return but not too excited about PSG. But, since Real don't seem too keen, then his best option to leave Manchester (which his wife and him aren't too pleased with) is PSG.

This is really sad to hear and has Mark Ogden ever been wrong??

twitter thread suggester
I thought his first month for us was some of the best individual play I have seen since RvP's first season or back when we had Ronaldo.

I'd be gutted to see him leave, but it has been the retty clear that he hasn't settled and doesn't like van Gaal's decisions.

NK86

I wouldnt want to sell him but if we a ridiculous offer like £30-40m + Lucas (wanted Verrati before but after yesterday not anymore) then we can make something happen.
How has Moura been there? Don't want two youngsters from different leagues on both the wings. Need two established players there since we have finally got a midfield base which can rival any team in England, and dare I say Europe.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Wouldn't doubt there are discussions but whether or not he moves is another story. He'd be perfect for us next year with the other additions we've made.

Jev

I wouldn't miss him and I think PSG would be very generous to give us the opportunity to recoup most of his fee with the season he's had. He could well improve, yeah, but we already overpaid and to get all, or most of it, that back would be an offer we shouldn't turn down for me. He hasn't gelled with his team-mates, he seems to have a cold relationship with LVG, he hasn't settled in England and our system, and if he has another season like the last one (which is just as likely as him hitting the ground running), we'd be lucky to get north of 25 million for him.

I think we can do better if we re-invest that money. A versatile striker who can play on the wing (Griezman would be my pick) and a CB and we're looking absolutely superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.